Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told any inventory car they have can have either color upgrade or wheel upgrade cost waved, but not both. I am fairly certain the white MR I was looking at was a 2019. I did end up with a 2018 blue MR demo that had 177 miles on it, and got color upgrade cost waved on top of a $540 discount for the 177 miles.

don't care about color...any chance of AP waiver on a black car instead?

That's exactly what I'm hoping is NOT the case... taking a smaller battery and squeezing 20 more miles out of it hurts it's longevity in the long-term.

In fact, my suspicion is that they will be 55 kWh, mainly because all the other Model 3's have ratings of ~4.4 Miles/kWh.
Also the weight difference of only 50 pounds is another hint, since 11 kWh of batteries weighs 100 lbs (with an Energy Density of 247 Wh/kg)

I'm very curious to see the actual number the car uses:
If the Standard Plus has a 50 kWh battery it will take the most wear and be pushed the hardest, and have the shortest lifespan.
But if it does have a 62 kWh battery it will take the least wear, and have the greatest lifespan of all the Model 3's!

yL3hQtp.png

55 kwh seems more likely considering miles/kwh numbers you calculated. Hard to get 240 miles out of a 50 kwh pack, even for Tesla :)

I was told any inventory car they have can have either color upgrade or wheel upgrade cost waved, but not both. I am fairly certain the white MR I was looking at was a 2019. I did end up with a 2018 blue MR demo that had 177 miles on it, and got color upgrade cost waved on top of a $540 discount for the 177 miles.

Can you share what store you talked with. The ones I have called all played dumb and said "Tesla doesn't do discounts"

This is the best deal I have reserved (deposited). I really didn't want the white interior or 19's but I figure overall value isn't bad? I'm still paying for those upgrades though...

2018 MR - under 20 miles and not a demo/showroom car
Red
19's
White Interior

45k - $2,500 = $42,500

Reactions: Scott7
Just drove back from picking up my car. SR+ Blue, basic wheels, AP. Willing to answer questions, ask away.

1) No floor mats (has carpet covering) - I ordered the Kagu Spider couple days ago with the eBay 15% off
2) Speakers - no subwoofer, can't get much bass. (Coming from a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire, small space big subs, Infinity Modulus system, can definitely tell the difference.)
3) Efficiency - surprisingly low loss of mileage given the 55+mi trip I drove with 2 detours car was charged to 178mi, sat in traffic for a good 20+ minutes.
4) Vs performance - definitely does not corner as well, does not feel as low but definitely much better than similar class for driving.
5) No frunk covering. I took the trunk covering for my Crossfire and will try to modify it for that.
6) ABS does not work as well as I want it to, I had an emergency braking situation and car definitely skidded a bit but then caught on. I have to watch my acceleration.
7) Insurance through Geico increased roughly $200 over 6 months, didn't find any better rates anywhere else. (Incidentally, it's more expensive than my 2017 Mazda CX-9 Signature, 2017 BMW X3 28i - for context)

My analysis of the SR vs SR+

Top speed 10mph increase - could care less
0-60 0.3 seconds faster - I drive on the 405 in LA. could care less. 5.6s 0-60 good enough for me
20 mile extra range - intriguing, but honestly since I charge at home, this will do me nothing. 20 miles isnt long enough for me to make a road trip that I wouldn't have otherwise taken. My Bolt is epa 238mi - I can count on 1 hand the times I've taken it below 30 mile range, mostly due to me being too lazy to plug it in the night before.

Interior Upgrades
1. Power Seats - would be nice to have because of driver profiles. But, I've lived without in many cars in the past.
2. Leather interior - eh, if the fabric is the same as the Model S/X multipattern textile, that's probably better in the long run.
3. Phone Dock - could care less
4. Center Console Storage - i mean...cool? but could care less
5. Heated Seats - would be very nice to have, but Socal meh
6. Audio - my podcasts could sound more immersive, but not something I care about
7. Trim - con in my opinion, I would likely vinyl wrap the wood

Exterior - fog lamps - woop

It is a great bargain if several of the upgrades are must haves or you really enjoy. For me, a lot of could care less, and some nice to haves. $2,000 isn't much money, but personally, I don't see the value. Key word personally.

Hi guys,

I was originally gonna order a SR+ but before I did, I hit up my local store to get a discount on a 2018 MR. They never offered a discount themselves but when I brought up the fact that other locations were offering a paint/wheels upgrade, they said yeah we can only do paint. Condition being you have to take immediate delivery.

Anyway they matched me to a red demo from a nearby location. It had a 1100 miles on it, so they did a $1k reduction along with the paint waiver. Next day I called up to put a deposit and the car was gone, no surprise there. They weren’t able to find any other demos. The sales guy didn’t seem too motivated either.

I decided to call another location that was 50 miles from my place. They seemed a lot more motivated and openly offered a wheels/paint/interior upgrade. They actually matched me to 2019 Red MR with a $500 discount in addition to waiving the paint fee! Car only had 8 miles on it. I put a deposit down on the spot.

For reference I am in Northern CA. Feeling pumped about getting the red, was my fav color but I wasn’t gonna pay $2500 for it.

Hi guys,

I was originally gonna order a SR+ but before I did, I hit up my local store to get a discount on a 2018 MR. They never offered a discount themselves but when I brought up the fact that other locations were offering a paint/wheels upgrade, they said yeah we can only do paint. Condition being you have to take immediate delivery.

Anyway they matched me to a red demo from a nearby location. It had a 1100 miles on it, so they did a $1k reduction along with the paint waiver. Next day I called up to put a deposit and the car was gone, no surprise there. They weren’t able to find any other demos. The sales guy didn’t seem too motivated either.

I decided to call another location that was 50 miles from my place. They seemed a lot more motivated and openly offered a wheels/paint/interior upgrade. They actually matched me to 2019 Red MR with a $500 discount in addition to waiving the paint fee! Car only had 8 miles on it. I put a deposit down on the spot.

For reference I am in Northern CA. Feeling pumped about getting the red, was my fav color but I wasn’t gonna pay $2500 for it.

Yeah this is common for CA :(

Outside, it's mostly color upgrade waived.

Hi guys,

Insane.

That is crazy indeed. It's like different Tesla's operating at the same time.

I love their cars, but as a company they've got a long way to go and I imagine there must be a lot of untracked wasted / expenses.
In this sense they're just operating more like a normal car company. Some will get the bottom basement pricing on a 2018 right now and others will accept it at full price because they don't know any better or don't care. Some of it's luck and some of it's skill. Tesla has tried to talk me into multiple 2018 MRs and as recent as two days ago offered me a 2018 MR with free 19-inch wheels and midnight silver paint for the same price as my black SR+. And I wasn't even trying to get an MR upgrade, just inquired about status on my SR+. "We don't know when we'll be able to get you an SR+" and then the next day I had my delivery appointment.

• Funny
Reactions: tiggerlu
Just drove back from picking up my car. SR+ Blue, basic wheels, AP. Willing to answer questions, ask away.

1) No floor mats (has carpet covering) - I ordered the Kagu Spider couple days ago with the eBay 15% off
2) Speakers - no subwoofer, can't get much bass. (Coming from a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire, small space big subs, Infinity Modulus system, can definitely tell the difference.)
3) Efficiency - surprisingly low loss of mileage given the 55+mi trip I drove with 2 detours car was charged to 178mi, sat in traffic for a good 20+ minutes.
4) Vs performance - definitely does not corner as well, does not feel as low but definitely much better than similar class for driving.
5) No frunk covering. I took the trunk covering for my Crossfire and will try to modify it for that.
6) ABS does not work as well as I want it to, I had an emergency braking situation and car definitely skidded a bit but then caught on. I have to watch my acceleration.
7) Insurance through Geico increased roughly $200 over 6 months, didn't find any better rates anywhere else. (Incidentally, it's more expensive than my 2017 Mazda CX-9 Signature, 2017 BMW X3 28i - for context)

What's the miles at 80% and 100% charge?

Ordered an SR, blue /black, 18 inch wheels no etc. on 3/1 reservation holder from 2nd month. Tesla rep called to offer an in stock 2019 blue/black 18 inch mr with 5 miles on the odo for 38, vs 36500 for the sr. pick up in 48 hrs if desired. just waiting on the paperwork.