Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I was buying an SR+ I would get black/black with aero wheels. As soon as you start adding upgrades you end up getting into the price territory of the MR and even LR models. You will always get the most bang for your buck with a bigger battery, both in terms of daily use and eventual resale. You will get next to nothing back on your investment in paint upgrades, and maybe a few pennies on the dollar for the white interior and 19” wheels.

That’s pretty much the rational for those in the used market. They basically need a car and aren’t after features. Best way to go if the car isn’t in your long term future and you care about resale.

If I was buying an SR+ I would get black/black with aero wheels. As soon as you start adding upgrades you end up getting into the price territory of the MR and even LR models. You will always get the most bang for your buck with a bigger battery, both in terms of daily use and eventual resale. You will get next to nothing back on your investment in paint upgrades, and maybe a few pennies on the dollar for the white interior and 19” wheels.
Totally agree!!

As MR owner with EAP since 4 months, I would have definitely gone for SR+ if I had a choice. 240 vs 260 in grand scheme of things is not a big deal for many people whose commutes are less than 120 miles a day.

The best bang for buck is LR RWD in terms of range and SR+ in terms of price/features. If you get dual motor you sacrifice on range a bit given 2 motors and front one is AC motor I believe which is less efficient than rear which is switch reluctance.

MR is a compromise on both fronts.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
As MR owner with EAP since 4 months, I would have definitely gone for SR+ if I had a choice. 240 vs 260 in grand scheme of things is not a big deal for many people whose commutes are less than 120 miles a day.

The best bang for buck is LR RWD in terms of range and SR+ in terms of price/features. If you get dual motor you sacrifice on range a bit given 2 motors and front one is AC motor I believe which is less efficient than rear which is switch reluctance.

MR is a compromise on both fronts.

i'm still debating between SR+ and MR. missing streaming and traffic data sucks, but maybe they'll allow wifi thru phone or allow paid upgrades?

It's right on their website in the FAQ. They will have streaming as a subscription for about $100 a year. Should be available soon.

Perfect, so looks like i'm only missing out on 20 miles range+subwoofer if I pay only $100/yr ?

PER Frequently Asked Questions - Connectivity
. Connectivity plans for Model 3 without Premium Interior will be announced later this year.

Where can Premium Connectivity be purchased?
Tesla owners will be able to purchase Premium Connectivity through the in-car touchscreen. We anticipate rolling out this functionality later this year.

Is Premium Connectivity refundable?
No. Although purchases of Premium Connectivity are non-refundable, they will remain active through a sale or ownership transfer of the car.

Will cars with Standard Connectivity still receive over-the-air software updates?
Yes. All cars with Standard Connectivity will continue to receive software updates. Tesla owners will simply need to connect to a Wi-Fi network to receive the updates. Note: Important safety updates will continue to be available over the car’s cellular connection.

Will Standard Connectivity affect in-car maps and routing?
No. All cars with Standard Connectivity will continue to receive maps & navigation functionality similar to those with Premium Connectivity, including traffic-based routing, Trip Planner and Supercharger stall availability. Premium Connectivity will add satellite-view maps and live traffic visualization.

What music & media are available with Standard Connectivity?
Standard Connectivity offers Bluetooth® pairing, FM radio, Sirius XM capability in North America (for XM-enabled cars) and playback from a USB drive. Premium Connectivity is required for in-car streaming music & media.

Do connectivity plans affect Autopilot?
No. As long as the car’s software is kept up to date, connectivity plans will not affect Autopilot. Customers with Standard Connectivity can receive the latest updates over Wi-Fi. Note: Important safety updates will continue to be available over the car’s cellular connection.

How are used Tesla cars affected by this policy?
All used Tesla cars purchased on or after July 1, 2018 will have either Standard Connectivity or Premium Connectivity, as connectivity service levels will remain active through a sale or ownership transfer of the car. Premium Connectivity will be available for purchase via the in-car touchscreen.

Can I get Premium Connectivity features by using a mobile hotspot?
No. Over-the-air software updates may be downloaded over Wi-Fi networks, including mobile hotspots, subject to fees and restrictions of your mobile carrier. However, other Premium Connectivity features like satellite view maps and streaming media are currently not available over Wi-Fi.

Last edited:
The proposed additional Canadian incentives are in the link below.
Plan is to phase out ICE vehicles in Canada by 2040. Rebates for two years, and ZEV targets for automobile manufacturers.
Interim report from the Advisory Council on Climate Action - Canada.ca

Any ideas if this will take effect right after the 2019 budget is announced this week or at the end of the tax year / deadline?

I’m likely to get my car in April my best guess, be amazing to get another 5k off!

I called yesterday regarding any update about my order without any luck (I ordered 2/28), today I got an email from my local Tesla facility with a VIN and EAT 3/24~3/30. Too bad I will be out of the country until 4/1, unless I'm lucky and I get it before 3/21 :D.

Perfect, so looks like i'm only missing out on 20 miles range+subwoofer if I pay only $100/yr ?

PER Frequently Asked Questions - Connectivity
. Connectivity plans for Model 3 without Premium Interior will be announced later this year.

You are probably fine, but it does say “announced later this year”. Who know what that means. If music streaming and traffic visualization are important to you I would not absolutely assume that the SR+ model will have this since they have not spelled out the details yet.

Any ideas if this will take effect right after the 2019 budget is announced this week or at the end of the tax year / deadline?

I’m likely to get my car in April my best guess, be amazing to get another 5k off!

The Canadian Federal government’s fiscal year starts April 1st, so items in the budget typically start then.

Last year they got the budget out in February, but this year they are a little late.