Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called my delivery advisor about picking it myself. He said it is totally fine but home delivery was an unique experience that Tesla defaults to. I asked if it will be hectic to get it at the tesla store, he said it is the same. So I switched from home delivery to tesla storey delivery.

That was the option I was given. I was more frustrated that it's simply sitting at a lot 1.5 hours away from my delivery center (which is 15 minutes away from my house) and they have no idea how to get it to me other than me making the trip or an employee i've never met driving it 1.5 hours north to me.

so you had an order for MR?

I did. I was basically told that they had no idea when or even IF I'd get the MR and gave me the option of SR+ or LR without any discounts. I opted for the SR+

Very disappointing after reading this....

Excerpt: Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Delayed in Delivery – Buyers Complaining

"Just got a call for the up sale. Sales rep stated SR+ will be available in 2 weeks. SR will be push back till June," said one member on TMC.

We've seen commenters call the tactic a "bait and switch." One suspicion we've seen on the forums is that the company is pushing the Standard Range Plus in an effort to boost quarterly profits by selling more expensive cars before its federal tax credit, already down to 50 percent of the original number at $3750, halves again to $1875 on July 1.

"That allows them to upsell the SR+ for another three months with the argument that an SR+ with the $3750 tax credit is nearly the same price as a SR with $1875 tax credit," another user wrote.

Tesla did not post a response on its website, Musk did not tweet about it, and when we contacted Tesla, its spokesperson declined comment."

Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Delayed in Delivery – Buyers Complaining

Very disappointing after reading this....

Excerpt: Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Delayed in Delivery – Buyers Complaining

"Just got a call for the up sale. Sales rep stated SR+ will be available in 2 weeks. SR will be push back till June," said one member on TMC.

We've seen commenters call the tactic a "bait and switch." One suspicion we've seen on the forums is that the company is pushing the Standard Range Plus in an effort to boost quarterly profits by selling more expensive cars before its federal tax credit, already down to 50 percent of the original number at $3750, halves again to $1875 on July 1.

"That allows them to upsell the SR+ for another three months with the argument that an SR+ with the $3750 tax credit is nearly the same price as a SR with $1875 tax credit," another user wrote.

Tesla did not post a response on its website, Musk did not tweet about it, and when we contacted Tesla, its spokesperson declined comment."

Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Delayed in Delivery – Buyers Complaining

You get a lot for the small amount of money upgrading from SR to SR+. I imagine it's more because the SR+ is easy for them to produce since it's just removing things from the existing models. SR involves different seats. I can't imagine SR+ is much more profitable than an SR that that would be a determining factor.

While I think that profitability certainty plays into it, I suspect that SR production is being held up by a part that is unique to the SR that Tesla does not have in stock. My guess - cloth seats. They’ve never stocked them before and perhaps the vendor producing them is simply behind and has not delivered any yet. As a result they continue to produce SR+ cars at a pretty good rate, but don’t have any SRs rolling off the line. This is just wild speculation on my part, though.

Reactions: CameronB and OCR1
Took delivery of my car this evening, and spent the last two hours going over the delivery checklist. Immaculate, not one thing out of place other than a scuff above the driver seatbelt.

And let me say, I don’t care how much time you’ve spent researching, drooling over, or pricing online. There is nothing like getting behind the wheel and driving a Tesla. Having never even sat in one before ordering, this car is exactly what the iPhone was when it first came out: everything we didn’t know we wanted. I’m absolutely blown away (and mashing the pedal was pretty fun too!)

Didn’t get floor mats in mine, but my Monroney sticker lists “Basic Autopilot - $4,000” and I definitely was not charged for it (monroney total is $4,000 above finance paperwork). Did I get autopilot for free or is this the standard collision detection safety features?

Last edited:
Not in SR+. Ordering tuxmats so it wasn’t a worry for me.

Other notes: had immersive sound option and working fog lights. I actually felt the immersive sound was pretty noticeable.

Congrats! I'm excited for you, and am roughly a day away of taking ownership of mine. I expect there to be some very minor flaws, this is the expectation I'm setting for myself - but otherwise I've got 3D Kagu mats ready, screen protector and my garage all setup.

The only thing that will surpass my anticipating, is to finally sit in a model 3 and to take it all in.

You get a lot for the small amount of money upgrading from SR to SR+. I imagine it's more because the SR+ is easy for them to produce since it's just removing things from the existing models. SR involves different seats. I can't imagine SR+ is much more profitable than an SR that that would be a determining factor.

Honestly, how much do you think adding all the SR+ unique stuff costs them? $500-1000? The fake leather and seat adjustments plus heat maybe $200 better audio for $100 and 4-5kWh of batteries. But they sell it for $2,500. And that’s probably almost all the profit they make on the SR+. The SR might only be a 0 sum game, or worse, for Tesla.

In terms of revenue switching from SR to SR+ might not be that much of a difference. But it makes a huge difference for the profitability, if you sell 20,000 cars at $1500 profit, or 20,000 at a $5 profit.

Picked up my SR+ MSM/black/18" car yesterday from Toronto Lawrence. The delivery process went smoothly and there were no issues with the car. The car was charged to 80% before I got there and was ready to go. Interestingly, the delivery rep suggested I get 3d Maxpider mats from Costco - which I had already done - rather than the Tesla mats.

I have satellite maps and no immersive audio, but the car is on 2019.5.15. No software update yet.

Phantom drag seems a bit high, with a 6 km drop overnight over 9 hours. Hopefully this is something that will settle down a bit?

I'm enjoying the car a lot but I don't think I've totally settled down about it yet. Hopefully in a few days it'll feel like "my" car rather than a strange new car that I need to take specially good car of and worry about the battery level of. :)

Last edited:
Phantom drag seems a bit high, with a 6 km drop overnight over 9 hours. Hopefully this is something that will settle down a bit?

I had a similar experience: car was charged to over 95% and showed 370km when I got it. When I finished inspecting everything in my garage it was at 364, and is 358 this morning (also around nine hours). Insulated garage but only 1 celsius out, and I tried to not check the app (mostly because I had no reason to).

Also hope this is just an adjustment period and will taper off. If 1% per day is expected I’d hope for maybe 1-2km overnight.

Didn’t get floor mats in mine, but my Monroney sticker lists “Basic Autopilot - $4,000” and I definitely was not charged for it (monroney total is $4,000 above finance paperwork). Did I get autopilot for free or is this the standard collision detection safety features?

Really trying to figure out how Tesla is getting away with delivering cars without Monroney labels attached, or with incorrect ones not listing options paid for (or the reverse such as in this case).

Both are violations of federal law and I've read numerous cases of this happening on this forum. It seems to be a pervasive habit and I don't understand how it hasn't caught up with them yet.

• Informative
Reactions: jdmd
Really trying to figure out how Tesla is getting away with delivering cars without Monroney labels attached, or with incorrect ones not listing options paid for (or the reverse such as in this case).

So you’re saying I don’t have Autopilot? Lol

Well, I’m hoping someone else with an SR+ can check their monroney sticker and test it out while I wait for mine to come back from the wrap.

Another weird piece to the puzzle is that in my account the cost for AP and FSD changed overnight: was $5,300 and $9,200 last night after taking delivery. This morning it shows $4,600 and $7,200 (and confirmed I was on Canadian site).

Honestly, how much do you think adding all the SR+ unique stuff costs them? $500-1000? The fake leather and seat adjustments plus heat maybe $200 better audio for $100 and 4-5kWh of batteries. But they sell it for $2,500. And that’s probably almost all the profit they make on the SR+. The SR might only be a 0 sum game, or worse, for Tesla.

In terms of revenue switching from SR to SR+ might not be that much of a difference. But it makes a huge difference for the profitability, if you sell 20,000 cars at $1500 profit, or 20,000 at a $5 profit.

There are more physical differences than that. Door panels have fabric inserts instead of alcantara. The center console is much simpler. The dash wood is replaced with a simple black strip. The heating elements in the seats and associated wiring are not there.

Non-power seats is a significant cost difference. That's a lot of electric motors and internal hardware.

• Helpful
Reactions: reveille45