Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Upon your inspections, what are deal breakers for most of you? I had notice a couple of rock/paint chips on the lower part of front bumper ( probably from transport) and the right passenger side mirror rubber has a little more gap than other side.

Here is mine and here is how tesla is addressing

I was notified of a few minor spots on the car that will need some attention and rectification.

1. rear trunk lip has poor paint coverage on the driver's side ( Tesla approved shop will rectify)
  2. the driver's taillight has a larger gap on the top than the passenger side light ( I will have our Mobile Service team reach out)
  3. The rear portion behind the rear passenger seat has a bit of a gap that is visible ( I will have our Mobile Service team reach out)
  4. small stone chip in front passenger headlight ( Will have our Mobile Service team reach out)
  5. poor alignment of Driver's side A pillar interior trim ( Mobile Service will reach out)
  6. driver's side rear door not aligned. ( in the picture the door alignment looks pretty spot on. The chrome could be adjusted a bit, the rear 1/4 glass chrome will always have that rubber piece that will sit above the door chrome rubber). I will have our mobile service team reach out to see if they can adjust it a bit
For the paint on the trunk, I have the contact information of 2 Tesla approved shops closest to your location.

I was notified of a few minor spots on the car that will need some attention and rectification.

1. rear trunk lip has poor paint coverage on the driver's side ( Tesla approved shop will rectify)
  2. the driver's taillight has a larger gap on the top than the passenger side light ( I will have our Mobile Service team reach out)
  3. The rear portion behind the rear passenger seat has a bit of a gap that is visible ( I will have our Mobile Service team reach out)
  4. small stone chip in front passenger headlight ( Will have our Mobile Service team reach out)
  5. poor alignment of Driver's side A pillar interior trim ( Mobile Service will reach out)
  6. driver's side rear door not aligned. ( in the picture the door alignment looks pretty spot on. The chrome could be adjusted a bit, the rear 1/4 glass chrome will always have that rubber piece that will sit above the door chrome rubber). I will have our mobile service team reach out to see if they can adjust it a bit
For the paint on the trunk, I have the contact information of 2 Tesla approved shops closest to your location.

Wow! That’s a lot of things to need to fix on a brand new car. I don’t think I personally would have accepted that one.

Are they in the process of resolving all the issues. How long did it take from delivery afterwards did it take for Tesla to contact you regarding these issues?

It seems like everything SR+ has 19" sport wheels right now. Is it typical that Tesla produces a bunch of one configuration and floods the delivery centers with that one configuration?

Yes, their preference is to stock models with higher margins, so paint and wheel upgrades are common. Sometimes you can create a good deal on these though if you say you want a black one with 18’s and all they have is a blue one with 19’s. That’s where they starting offering free upgrades to try and move cars.

Reactions: Leafdriver333
Joining the group, placed an order for SR+ Gray/Black/Aero today.

I'm also seeing several gray/black ST+ nearby with Sport wheels. Are they able to change out the wheels at the service center to make a match?

I actually don't want delivery till late June, but was convinced to order early ahead of the end of quarter rush. I'll be smh if they match me a VIN tomorrow

Joining the group, placed an order for SR+ Gray/Black/Aero today.

I'm also seeing several gray/black ST+ nearby with Sport wheels. Are they able to change out the wheels at the service center to make a match?

I actually don't want delivery till late June, but was convinced to order early ahead of the end of quarter rush. I'll be smh if they match me a VIN tomorrow
They usually decline to change the wheels, but may offer them at a discount if still there last two weeks in June. Best to stick to your order if you want Aero wheels, they give better range, and a bit more comfortable ride.

They usually decline to change the wheels, but may offer them at a discount if still there last two weeks in June. Best to stick to your order if you want Aero wheels, they give better range, and a bit more comfortable ride.

Thanks, then I shouldn't worry that they'll try to get me to take the car super early.

I prefer the aero wheels for the range (technically the efficiency), so they would have to swap them out, unless I risked not getting delivery before the end of June.

I have been waiting 10 days for a sr +, has AP, white with black interior. I noticed that a Tesla show room has three with this configuration that has just arrived. Do you think its possible to get one these instead of waiting for the factory to send me a vin? These m3 have the added price on them where as I got my order in before the price change.

VIN number showed up today. Delivery date still May 22.

Picked up car today. Happy with process, delivery and overall experience.

Attachments

• A28B2B7B-2C21-4451-8C40-84EF8753A278.jpeg
    A28B2B7B-2C21-4451-8C40-84EF8753A278.jpeg
    338.7 KB · Views: 78
My vote is Aero wheels without hubcaps and finishing caps accessories kit for April-Oct.
Aero wheels with winter tires and Aero hubcaps Nov-March where efficiency is king.

Well at least that is my plan.

Placed my order today SR+ Grey with 19's. They had one in Kansas City that had 10 miles on it, so they offered me a 400 dollar discount. Seemed fair.

Also it seems based on the order page they will do a home delivery for me. I'm guessing the same truck will also pick up my trade?