Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's odd, mine says 5-7 weeks. That's not a huge difference, but the 4 week estimate seems not to be universal. Wonder how it's calculated.

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 11.32.06 AM.png

Hi all, I made an account to post this comment! I ordered my White/White/Aero/Autopilot SR+ on 10/21 with delivery to Santa Barbara, CA. Today I received an email from the SB Tesla dealer asking me to finalize my payment information and send them proof of insurance, as they are "seeing customers with complete delivery profiles being matched to vehicles in production. So we are going through our orders and ensuring everyone is eligible to be assigned a VIN. "

My question is, if I apply for financing through Tesla more than 30 days out, do I have to re-apply through Tesla if 30 days passes without delivery?

Hoping for a VIN and delivery date soon for us all!

Reactions: tren01t
Great news I got my VIN and delivery date set today.

The path to get here was long, painful and odd. Ordered SR+ Wht/Blk no FSD on 9/28. First contact was 11/13 when I was notified that my car would go into production in November and be delivered in December. I did let them now that such lack of communication on an order that was supposedly within 2 weeks was not acceptable. Operations Adviser said he would look into what could be done. Today I got an email with my VIN 504327 and that was followed by a text for a delivery appointment on 11/20!

VIN question for you folks. Seems like a low VIN number for current deliveries. Are cars manufactured in VIN order or are VINs allocated and put into production at random times? VIN decoder does show year 2020.

Note: There was no VIN in my source code yesterday.

Great news I got my VIN and delivery date set today.

The path to get here was long, painful and odd. Ordered SR+ Wht/Blk no FSD on 9/28. First contact was 11/13 when I was notified that my car would go into production in November and be delivered in December. I did let them now that such lack of communication on an order that was supposedly within 2 weeks was not acceptable. Operations Adviser said he would look into what could be done. Today I got an email with my VIN 504327 and that was followed by a text for a delivery appointment on 11/20!

VIN question for you folks. Seems like a low VIN number for current deliveries. Are cars manufactured in VIN order or are VINs allocated and put into production at random times? VIN decoder does show year 2020.

Note: There was no VIN in my source code yesterday.
Congratulations!!! I’m still anxiously awaiting! SR+ on 10/16/19 in S. California

I got a call for delivery today! Tesla is delivering to my house with the car at 4:30 (I thought I would have to go to Fremont). 2020 vin. Berkeley Ca, I ordered 9/30 Blue, SR+ Black, 18 wheels. No advanced warning. No vin prior to the call.

Also, driving home past Fremont, northbound, I saw a trailer of new Teslas. It didn't get off in Berkeley. The parking lot in Berkeley Tesla is full of cars..... they are coming....

I got a call for delivery today! Tesla is delivering to my house with the car at 4:30 (I thought I would have to go to Fremont). 2020 vin. Berkeley Ca, I ordered 9/30 Blue, SR+ Black, 18 wheels. No advanced warning. No vin prior to the call.

Also, driving home past Fremont, northbound, I saw a trailer of new Teslas. It didn't get off in Berkeley. The parking lot in Berkeley Tesla is full of cars..... they are coming....

Good stuff!! Hopefully S California deliveries start sooner than expected

Reactions: tren01t