Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations!! I check the source code everyday ....sometimes twice hahaha. Did yours appear this morning or later in day? I know that sounds psycho as I write this....LOL
I checked this morning & noon time nothing. Came home from work around 4pm & that's when I saw the vin in source code. That Chrome plug in is very cool & useful.

Oh I'm in Greenville! Wonder if I'll be soon. Though I ordered on 11/10 so I'm a bit further behind.
Are they sending you to Charlotte to get it? Did they ever contact you prior?

Yes to Charlotte to get it. Did not contact me prior. Received text to schedule and when following the link I only got Dec 10th 11th 12th as an option. Those days did not work for me so I called Charlotte and they got me scheduled for the December 13th.

I checked this morning & noon time nothing. Came home from work around 4pm & that's when I saw the vin in source code. That Chrome plug in is very cool & useful.

OK....glad I'm not the only one doing that! hahaha....Just checked again and unfortunately nothing...but you ordered early October right? I ordered 10/16....may I ask...what does your delivery page look like right now? Does VIN show there?

I don’t know if I’m throwing shade on this forum topic or sunshine. I ordered on 9/28 in Portland. Was told a week ago that I’d receive my car sometime in December. Now I’m supposed to pick it up this Thursday. Things can change very fast.

This is 650 miles from Fremont so maybe California is not far behind. I lived in California for most of my life and feel your waiting pain. But it can change in a moment to from pain to excitement and later joy. I suspect this is what Tesla is counting on. The car absolves all their sins.

Once a VIN is assigned how long before the vehicle is delivered? I am getting the sense that you will get very little notice. How many days do you have to pick it up? I don't anticipate waiting long, but would like to know the max time.

For east coast, at least a week to 10 days. For California/west - 3-4 days it seems.

I'm picking up in Fremont. When I get my VIN, I'm dropping everything and heading for Fremont DC. "Here's my VIN. Dude, where's my car?"

:D

On the tesla page where it lists my order. For the Completed Steps, it says "Payment - Review your details and submit your payment". Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't see a place on the site to submit payment. I planned to do that on delivery day, after an inspection of the vehicle. Just wanted to confirm, I am not missing any steps.

I don't want to get hopes up BUT...I did see this on the 405 in Los Angeles (over the Sepulveda pass) this AM. :)
IMG_6332.jpg