Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't want to get hopes up BUT...I did see this on the 405 in Los Angeles (over the Sepulveda pass) this AM. :) View attachment 478589

Yeah, me thinks that the SAs are full of it. Those are definitely USA Teslas. Gotta be going somewhere in LA!

Perhaps the SAs aren’t full of it, but rather are told wrong information so they can’t tell people Tesla’s plans in advance. You know - “loose lips sink ships.” Management keeps lower level employees in dark to avoid talk in wrong circles.

ordered 10/26 and am in Phoenix. Haven't heard anything, no vin, but that's probably expected for the time that I ordered.
Ordered two days after you, and Tesla told me on the phone yesterday that I ought to see a VIN in the next two weeks. SR+ white/black w/ aero wheels, in VA.

That has me concerned since there are folks on here getting VINs with delivery dates that are already well into Dec. I'm leaving town for the holidays and will be gone the last ten days of the year. Anyone know if Tesla can shift delivery locations if, once I get a VIN, they can't get it to me in VA while I'm here? Otherwise, my options are: drive back, get the car, and return (and not even autopilot can make that a less than excruciating 16 hour experience), or have them hold it and lose the tax credit. Not exactly the best options to choose from...

Ordered two days after you, and Tesla told me on the phone yesterday that I ought to see a VIN in the next two weeks. SR+ white/black w/ aero wheels, in VA.

That has me concerned since there are folks on here getting VINs with delivery dates that are already well into Dec. I'm leaving town for the holidays and will be gone the last ten days of the year. Anyone know if Tesla can shift delivery locations if, once I get a VIN, they can't get it to me in VA while I'm here? Otherwise, my options are: drive back, get the car, and return (and not even autopilot can make that a less than excruciating 16 hour experience), or have them hold it and lose the tax credit. Not exactly the best options to choose from...

I am pretty sure they will not hold it. This is where all the "last minute, end of quarter" shenanigans comes up. People order and are unable to take delivery(something Tesla wants before the end of the quarter/year) so they release it back into the pool, and try to find a buyer who ordered a very similar, if not exact version of the car, often writing off an "upgrade or 2" to complete the delivery so they can claim it for the current quarter.

I am pretty sure they will not hold it. This is where all the "last minute, end of quarter" shenanigans comes up. People order and are unable to take delivery(something Tesla wants before the end of the quarter/year) so they release it back into the pool, and try to find a buyer who ordered a very similar, if not exact version of the car, often writing off an "upgrade or 2" to complete the delivery so they can claim it for the current quarter.
Hopefully they can hold, if they can’t shift the delivery. Or better yet, they make the delivery earlier and there’s no problem! It’s all just a waiting game.

Adding a data point, especially for those in California.

I'm in San Diego. Ordered on 9/30 (back when estimated delivery was less than two weeks) -- SR+ white/black aero wheels. Just received text this morning to schedule delivery, with earliest delivery date a week out. Never saw a VIN in source code and zero communication from Tesla prior to the text. I don't know how much of an effort Tesla is making to help Californians make the December 3rd deadline, but I'm fortunate that my delivery date should allow me to save $500.

Adding a data point, especially for those in California.

I'm in San Diego. Ordered on 9/30 (back when estimated delivery was less than two weeks) -- SR+ white/black aero wheels. Just received text this morning to schedule delivery, with earliest delivery date a week out. Never saw a VIN in source code and zero communication from Tesla prior to the text. I don't know how much of an effort Tesla is making to help Californians make the December 3rd deadline, but I'm fortunate that my delivery date should allow me to save $500.
Same here, I got a text this morning to schedule an appointment. I haven't scheduled mine yet until I finalize my loan with my bank. I got my VIN yesterday in the source code.

Ordered on 10/4 and didn't get a vin yet but I just received this message.

"Update on your delivery timing: We expect your Model 3 to exit the factory and arrive at your delivery center between 11/22 and 11/30. Please look out for further communication when it is time to schedule your delivery appointment."

Reactions: George75
Happened to check in on my Tesla account today and found that my scheduled delivery had changed from this Thursday to this Saturday. That's OK but to be sure I checked in with my Operations Adviser. Interestingly he was able track the exact location of the truck carrying my car. It's 100 miles south of Portland today. He moved my pickup back to Thursday.

CALIFORNIA UPDATE:

ordered 10/15. White/Black 19in.

Attachments

• 86BE68F9-49AF-4E78-9FD0-04F1CD0DB7BB.jpeg
    86BE68F9-49AF-4E78-9FD0-04F1CD0DB7BB.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: tren01t
Ordered on 10/4 and didn't get a vin yet but I just received this message.

"Update on your delivery timing: We expect your Model 3 to exit the factory and arrive at your delivery center between 11/22 and 11/30. Please look out for further communication when it is time to schedule your delivery appointment."

Just got the same text but it was 11/23 and 12/1. I ordered a standard range on 10/4 - Burbank, CA.