Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's latest update, I originally scheduled a pick-up for 11/25 Monday from the text I got this morning. Got a call later in the afternoon from Tesla at Costa Mesa telling me "Your Model 3 just arrived to our center, how soon can you pick it up?" I told them I can get it this Thursday since I need a day to finalize my finance with my bank. So ya looks like I get my Model 3 SR+ this Thursday! It has been a long 8-weeks.

Congrats!! Would you mind sharing if/when your delivery page changed from the "we're drafting" and "we'll reach out to you" messaging and what it looks like now?

Thanks!

Reactions: ZappCatt
Got mine this morning. Now my solution for charging at home did not work.

Attachments

• A57793C7-EB43-4BC1-9B1C-8D6BD71C132D.jpeg
    A57793C7-EB43-4BC1-9B1C-8D6BD71C132D.jpeg
    588.5 KB · Views: 98
No VIN but just got a text update from some number:

'Update on your delivery timing: We expect your Model 3 to exit the factory and arrive at your delivery center between 12/1 and 12/9. Please look out for further communication when it is time to schedule your delivery appointment.'

Random Chicago number, not my SA. Possibly someone at the delivery center with a Chicago area code or possibly some hooligans playing the ultimate prank on me. I don't know!
NOOOOOO!
Congrats, seriously.

I'd say it won't be long. My SA has told me now that my order "10/16" is looking like it'll be ready by the end of November. No VIN yet but should be soon. I ordered in Fremont as well.

Thank you for your update. You made me feel optimistic :)!
my SA has been totally useless as she helped me out a bit in the beginning of the order process and been pretty much MIA since I placed the order. or she replies back to me like a week after.

I hope we get our car before the 3rd to make the cut for the CA rebate!

Adding a data point, especially for those in California.

I'm in San Diego. Ordered on 9/30 (back when estimated delivery was less than two weeks) -- SR+ white/black aero wheels. Just received text this morning to schedule delivery, with earliest delivery date a week out. Never saw a VIN in source code and zero communication from Tesla prior to the text. I don't know how much of an effort Tesla is making to help Californians make the December 3rd deadline, but I'm fortunate that my delivery date should allow me to save $500.[/QU
I'd say it won't be long. My SA has told me now that my order "10/16" is looking like it'll be ready by the end of November. No VIN yet but should be soon. I ordered in Fremont as well.
Well it's a start. I guess I should be glad to see some white interiors and 19" wheels rolling out.
I still have to sell my car and can technically still wait (as long as it's before 31st), but I'd like to put away my floor mats and boxes of random accessories before I have to get the Christmas tree out.
Are you me?
I ordered 9/26 and was also told 2 weeks. My SA keeps giving me estimates that go further and further towards end of year. At this point, if I get it by end of Dec. I will be happy. Until then, I need to get off the forums bc seeing everyone who ordered well after me receive delivery is killing me.

Reactions: marnfl
I ordered 9/26 and was also told 2 weeks. My SA keeps giving me estimates that go further and further towards end of year. At this point, if I get it by end of Dec. I will be happy. Until then, I need to get off the forums bc seeing everyone who ordered well after me receive delivery is killing me.

Do you have to go to Oahu to pick it up, or do they bring it to Hilo for you? Hopefully it is in port waiting for a ship and your SA is just clueless!

Do you have to go to Oahu to pick it up, or do they bring it to Hilo for you? Hopefully it is in port waiting for a ship and your SA is just clueless!
I talked to a Honolulu SA today and he can't track it without a VIN which it doesn't have yet. According to my SA it isn't built yet :( If they can get it to me by e.o.y. I can pick up in Hilo. Otherwise it is a trip to Oahu for us.

I talked to a Honolulu SA today and he can't track it without a VIN which it doesn't have yet. According to my SA it isn't built yet :( If they can get it to me by e.o.y. I can pick up in Hilo. Otherwise it is a trip to Oahu for us.
They have changed the policy though for outer island deliveries. They no longer deliver and all have to be picked up on Oahu. I happened to order before the policy change date (Oct.1) and after much back and forth, they said they would honor a Big Island delivery as long as by end of year. The rate they are going, that is questionable.

I started with wall plug 10-30 then converted to 14-50 but the car wanted the ground. I used the tesla 14-50 adapter with the cars charging cables. Maybe I have to get the tesla 10-30 adapter so it does not expect to find a ground. ..??

Which adapter are you trying? I charge my current EV from my 10-30 dryer plug with a 10-30 plug level 2 charger. My plan for the 3 is to use the Tesla 10-30 adapter into the Tesla supplied charger so it is all linear. I think you are messing things up by trying to use a 14-50 adapter.

Gen 2 NEMA Adapters