Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting excited! Just talked to Tesla and I have a tentative delivery window starting 12/14! It's all tentative because I haven't been formally assigned a VIN; the source code VIN seems to be more an earmark that could change, so I guess we use "assigned a VIN" on these forums differently than Tesla does.

Still, this is the first I've been able to get anything beyond idle speculation about when I can expect to see my car. And I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief that it's looking like I'll get it before I drive home for the holidays--hopefully in my sweet new Model 3!

Question for those setting up delivery appointments: do you choose a specific appointment time or just a pickup date and show up whenever? Thanks!
Makes sense and I informed my Delivery center when I first ordered on 10/22 that I would be out of town during the Thanksgiving holiday week as a heads up. Not sweating that I got the source code, since I will be able to take delivery after 12/04.

This was probably already brought up, but does anyone (also people that received VIN), have the Insurance portion completed even though you plan to purchase the Tesla insurance? I don’t have that portion filled out as I’m waiting to for a vin to purchase insurance. But I do have everything else completed :rolleyes:
I would highly recommend loading a copy of your current auto policy and then when your vin appears you can get a quote from Tesla. You are technically not complete which could delay your delivery a bit.

Reactions: goletaspring
Finally I got the text and the vin. Got a text says "Your Model 3 is in transit and ready to be scheduled! Select an available delivery appointment time now at account page blahblahblah..."
Ordered 10/21 initially SR w/b 18aero no FSD (Bay area). After more than 4 weeks of waiting, changed the exterior color to red on 11/23 and boom, after 2days, got a text and vin at the same day. Different from what it says in the text, delivery date is pre-scheduled on 11/27 at Fremont DC.
Chrome extension for vin number didn't work for me, so I manually checked the source code which actually has a vin number in it, after 2 hours, vin number was also appeared on the account page.
I feel like it's being updated very fast (at least for California?) Now, I need to find the loan to make the final payment.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilsteens
Small update for Phoenix/Scottsdale folks. I emailed my SA because I’m going out of town from dec 18-28th, and just asked if I should expect delivery before or after. My SA responded that I should expect delivery before my trip.

Scottsdale Kierland Tesla store, SR+, white paint, black interior, 19” wheels, no FSD. Ordered 10/27

Last edited: