Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any folks from the Sacramento area getting deliveries? So far feels like most CA deliveries are either from Fremont or L.A. My delivery center is Rocklin.
I am in Lodi but chose the Fremont location for delivery as I have family in that direction. However, I work in Sacramento and wish I had chosen the Rocklin location as it would be easier to pick up after work when it is ready. I am not sure how to go about changing my delivery location now. I reached out to SA yesterday but no response. I don't want it taking any longer to receive my car, so I might just stick with Fremont. I ordered 10/31 and have no VIN or any correspondence about my order.

I really think it's all random or based on something besides order date. I ordered on 11/10 and got the text to schedule yesterday. I'm also in an area where there aren't a lot of orders being placed
You got the text to schedule yesterday, but the option for delivery is sometime mid December, right? 12/10+?

It seems like the East Coasters are asked to schedule their delivery weeks out, whereas the West Coast are not contacted until days before pickup(several within 48 hours, and I think the longest was 4 days)

This makes it look really weird as the order dates to text timing is all weird.

It also seems that a month of builds were for international, so late September to mid October orders were sitting in line with no cars built against those orders, and once they started domestic production, they cleared up a month or so of orders, so there will be a much shorter wait for someone who ordered in early November, than someone who ordered in late Sept/early Oct.

I am in Lodi but chose the Fremont location for delivery as I have family in that direction. However, I work in Sacramento and wish I had chosen the Rocklin location as it would be easier to pick up after work when it is ready. I am not sure how to go about changing my delivery location now. I reached out to SA yesterday but no response. I don't want it taking any longer to receive my car, so I might just stick with Fremont. I ordered 10/31 and have no VIN or any correspondence about my order.

I would call the 800 number that you see on your order page. I was able to reschedule my delivery date easily by calling that number.

Reactions: Cligadel
I’m in north Texas
Congratulations but somewhat disappointing news since I have had that same configuration ordered for delivery in Plano since 11/1 to replace our totaled Model 3 and also requested that if they have an inventory model was matches or closely matches this configuration we would take that since we have been without a vehicle now since October.

Congratulations but somewhat disappointing news since I have had that same configuration ordered for delivery in Plano since 11/1 to replace our totaled Model 3 and also requested that if they have an inventory model was matches or closely matches this configuration we would take that since we have been without a vehicle now since October.

Sorry to hear :/ they might be trying to fulfill new orders so they can qualify for the tax incentive before it expires.

Separate question since you're in Texas, at what point in the process did you pay for the car? After getting your VIN, once the advisor called you, or as soon as you had the option? My payment module is available, but I don't see a VIN and haven't been contacted by an advisor yet. Wondering if I should just pay since the laws here require payment before delivery.

It's not so much the wait, I can wait until the EOY if I have to (and I anticipate that I will). I just want to know if there is a "best practice" when it comes to paying your balance with Tesla. Never gone through this process before and I am a bit confused. Haven't even been contacted by a sales advisor yet.

Go ahead and just call your local dealer! They’ll connect you with someone you can talk to, or you can also use the chat function on the website. They’re also pretty helpful for this type of thing!

Reactions: tren01t and badiban
I was scheduled to pick my model 3 up on Tuesday (12/3). I just called the delivery center and told them I couldn't make it, and they rescheduled me to this Saturday!!! I'm so stoked, and I get the extra $500 from the California rebate program. :D
That’s exactly what happened to me. Originally scheduled for 12/03, called and told them I have work. Brought it to Black Friday instead. $500 big ones!!!

Reactions: tren01t
Sorry to hear :/ they might be trying to fulfill new orders so they can qualify for the tax incentive before it expires.

Separate question since you're in Texas, at what point in the process did you pay for the car? After getting your VIN, once the advisor called you, or as soon as you had the option? My payment module is available, but I don't see a VIN and haven't been contacted by an advisor yet. Wondering if I should just pay since the laws here require payment before delivery.
For my previous 3 the VIN was posted in the portal and the final documentation was made available in the portal. They confirmed at delivery that I had transferred the funds before making delivery.