Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was a tesla trade in...i would have been really happy if they would have honored it, but at least I'm still getting the full ca rebate...plus I just want to get the car already!
Did you accept the trade offer before it expired and they still didnt honor it. Or did the offer expire before you accepted. Just curious as I accepted the offer but am thinking they will change it when the time comes.

Status was changed this morning requesting payment. No VIN visually displayed but was in the source code. Waiting now on delivery date.

White/Black No FSD - Ordered 11/1/2019 - Delivery Plano, TX
Thanks for the heads up. Checked this morning and same thing—payment request and source VIN.

SR+, White/Black, no FSD, in Dallas.

Thanks for the heads up. Checked this morning and same thing—payment request and source VIN.

Is the request for payment to have you pay the cash balance (or down payment), or just to get financing submitted? I applied for financing when I ordered, so my payment section just shows how much I’ll owe in cash/check when I pick up the car. VIN in source yesterday, btw.

When did you order? Have you heard from a Sales Advisor? No one has contacted me. Just paid the cash balance yesterday. VIN in source code, located in Dallas.

EDIT: Just got the email from my SA! It’s the generic “welcome to the Tesla family”, but I’m glad to at least have a contact!

Last edited:
Any lessons learned using USAA? How long did approval take?

About to pull the plug there myself

No problems here. It was a quick application online, took maybe 10 minutes? 5 year loan at 3.25 (3 if you use their banking to pay). I haven't been asked to transfer payment to Tesla yet, but it looks like a simple form to provide them to make the transfer. I'll update if I hit any snags in the process when the time comes. But for now, yes, I recommend USAA as a painless method of financing.

Hey did your car have the front license plate holder installed before you arrive? I prefer to install my own holder but we start hearing that Tesla is installing them now instead of putting them in the trunk.

No front license plate installed from Fremont DC, jfyi, DA give the temporary license plate for front and holder to me and he helped to install rear license plate at the time of delivery.

No problems here. It was a quick application online, took maybe 10 minutes? 5 year loan at 3.25 (3 if you use their banking to pay). I haven't been asked to transfer payment to Tesla yet, but it looks like a simple form to provide them to make the transfer. I'll update if I hit any snags in the process when the time comes. But for now, yes, I recommend USAA as a painless method of financing.

Thanks,

Used USAA several times in the past, but it was more of a "black check not to exceed $X dollars kinda paper"

When did you order? Have you heard from a Sales Advisor? No one has contacted me. Just paid the cash balance yesterday. VIN in source code, located in Dallas.

EDIT: Just got the email from my SA! It’s the generic “welcome to the Tesla family”, but I’m glad to at least have a contact!
Great news! I haven’t heard anything from anyone yet. Ordered 11/15.