Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received my delivery appointment! Picking up on 12/12! Ordered on 11/22, VIN in source 11/23. Interestingly, I did not receive a text about the appointment, but it did appear in my account this morning.

SR+, White/Black, aero wheels, no FSD. I can't wait!

Last edited:
If I ordered a model 3 today, would Tesla give a firm delivery date or some kind of guarantee about receiving the car before the Dec 31 deadline for tax break? I'm on the fence with ordering a base (standard range) model 3. I recall Elon doing this I'm the past but cannot find anything for this go around.

If I ordered a model 3 today, would Tesla give a firm delivery date or some kind of guarantee about receiving the car before the Dec 31 deadline for tax break? I'm on the fence with ordering a base (standard range) model 3. I recall Elon doing this I'm the past but cannot find anything for this go around.

Last update is that orders made by Dec 8th should get you delivery by EOY.

From the Tesla model 3 order page

"Orders placed today will be available for delivery by 12/31, and eligible for the $1,875 Federal Tax Credit."

and

"Based on remaining production capacity and logistics timing, we recommend that customers in the continental US place their orders by December 8th to take delivery by 12/31. Note this is not a guarantee. Actual delivery date also depends on customer availability and readiness. For customers in Hawaii, view inventory available for delivery."

Last update is that orders made by Dec 8th should get you delivery by EOY.

From the Tesla model 3 order page

"Orders placed today will be available for delivery by 12/31, and eligible for the $1,875 Federal Tax Credit."

and

"Based on remaining production capacity and logistics timing, we recommend that customers in the continental US place their orders by December 8th to take delivery by 12/31. Note this is not a guarantee. Actual delivery date also depends on customer availability and readiness. For customers in Hawaii, view inventory available for delivery."

Wow, that was a quick reply. Thanks!

I should have asked here sooner instead of the all the time I wasted looking in the wrong places via googling

My wife keeps pushing me to replace my current car. I'll have to make a decision soon

Wow, that was a quick reply. Thanks!

I should have asked here sooner instead of the all the time I wasted looking in the wrong places via googling

My wife keeps pushing me to replace my current car. I'll have to make a decision soon

Yeah, there are a million folks trolling this forum these past few weeks awaiting the expected flood of cars after a month or two of drought stateside.

Ordered 10/22 still no VIN, no modifications since order. I'm in the SF Bay Area.

SR+, Blue, White Interior, Aero Wheels, FSD

I keep checking the source code, probably more often than I really should.

I'm a bit disappointed to not have a VIN yet, even though the estimate was 6-10 weeks and it will have been 6 weeks tomorrow. It's frustrating because this is my second car from Tesla. The first was destroyed when someone ran a red light and smashed into me. Walking away without a scratch is pretty good proof that the cars are really safe. And the cameras were a huge help with the insurance. I didn't have to rely on memory and witnesses (fortunately I did have one right behind me anyway), I could just show them the dash cam and they could see. The dude blew threw a red light going about 60 in a 45 zone after the light was green for me for a full 5-6 seconds. He tried to claim he was catching the yellow light! o_O

Anyway, I only had the car about 6 months and it barely had 3k miles on it. It was heart breaking to have someone destroy it and so the wait for the replacement has been killing me. I've been without a car for 2 months now!

Ordered 10/22 still no VIN, no modifications since order. I'm in the SF Bay Area.

I'm a bit disappointed to not have a VIN yet, even though the estimate was 6-10 weeks and it will have been 6 weeks tomorrow. It's frustrating because this is my second car from Tesla. The first was destroyed when someone ran a red light and smashed into me. Walking away without a scratch is pretty good proof that the cars are really safe. And the cameras were a huge help with the insurance. I didn't have to rely on memory and witnesses (fortunately I did have one right behind me anyway), I could just show them the dash cam and they could see. The dude blew threw a red light going about 60 in a 45 zone after the light was green for me for a full 5-6 seconds. He tried to claim he was catching the yellow light! o_O

Anyway, I only had the car about 6 months and it barely had 3k miles on it. It was heart breaking to have someone destroy it and so the wait for the replacement has been killing me. I've been without a car for 2 months now!

That's really rough. Sorry to hear that happened to you. Hope you get some confirmation from Tesla soon. Glad you came out safe from such a horrible wreck.

That's really rough. Sorry to hear that happened to you. Hope you get some confirmation from Tesla soon. Glad you came out safe from such a horrible wreck.

Thanks! Yeah it was pretty scary, but these cars are awesome. Fortunately, the other driver was ok as well, but definitely a bit shaken. I hope he'll be safer in the future.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get a VIN sometime this week. :)

Dang man sorry that happened. Glad you're safe. It'd be great if you could get another one to replace it quickly with instances like that.

I've been given 4 estimates along the way. And multiple missed days along the way. The new estimate is Dec 14-30 for bay area ones i'm pretty sure, or this is what I was told. And i'm someone with a 10/16 order and no VIN. However I've seen ones with White interiors going out recently as far along as the 20th or 21st I believe if you go back a few pages.

I'm in Los Angeles. Ordered a SR+ White/White 18" on 10/31. No VIN yet. Today I got an email from my Tesla Advisor:

Tesla is going to switch back to building for the West Coast most-likely within the next week or so and they have large demands in all these western states to fill. This means the delivery dates that the company hands out will be largely inflexible; Tesla will only have one day and time to give per customer. ...

All profiles that aren’t complete will not be prioritized, and Tesla’s next definitive delivery window will be sometime around March 2020 – so I want to make sure we can all have everything we need for delivery in 2019!​

I told my TA I'll be out-of-town a few days around Christmas and gave her the dates. She said the best she could do was pass that info on to the delivery people. So I guess if they schedule my delivery for one those 5 days I'm out of town... I'm screwed! Though keeping faith it'll all work out. o_O

I'm in Los Angeles. Ordered a SR+ White/White 18" on 10/31. No VIN yet. Today I got an email from my Tesla Advisor:

Tesla is going to switch back to building for the West Coast most-likely within the next week or so and they have large demands in all these western states to fill. This means the delivery dates that the company hands out will be largely inflexible; Tesla will only have one day and time to give per customer. ...

All profiles that aren’t complete will not be prioritized, and Tesla’s next definitive delivery window will be sometime around March 2020 – so I want to make sure we can all have everything we need for delivery in 2019!​

I told my TA I'll be out-of-town a few days around Christmas and gave her the dates. She said the best she could do was pass that info on to the delivery people. So I guess if they schedule my delivery for one those 5 days I'm out of town... I'm screwed! Though keeping faith it'll all work out. o_O

Wow, that's... unacceptable?

Reactions: AZjohnInCA

I'm in the same boat... They've already given me 4 active days of when it should be built/delivered. Missed on all of them. Now the window is more open than before basically 2 weeks, during the holidays rather than the 2 full months i've been around. Now it's down to two weeks where i'm traveling for 10 days with a 6 month old and wife... I won't be flying home to get a car. If I don't get it or they're not flexible with me like I have been i'll be making a big stink.

This is something the company needs to fix. Obviously it's not impacting them a ton yet, but at some point it will. My wife won't want to get one if we waited all this time and couldn't even get a car and missing tax credit, then having to wait again til March. When other competitors start getting closer people will just jump over to something they can actually get rather than waiting 6-10 weeks.

Getting medium income families to transition over to these cars is hard as it is with cost. Factor in the waiting period it'll be hard to integrate into the lower income categories which is a huge part of the market.

Last edited:
Reactions: AZjohnInCA