Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This whole process has been very frustrating and Tesla provides little to no information about it. It's very disheartening to hear some who have ordered more recently get VINs and delivery dates when others who ordered much earlier have heard nothing. I was told 2-4 weeks when I ordered on 10/25/19. Obviously, 2-4 weeks has come and gone and I've heard nothing from Tesla. The entire profile has been filled out, financing accepted, and insurance proof posted. No word from Tesla other than the generic "5-9" weeks which shows on the order page. Ordered in Pasadena, supposed to take delivery in Costa Mesa -- who knows when. I wish they had been more up front about delivery times when I ordered.

It's a shame that you were misled. My SA was very upfront from the get-go. I ordered 2 days after you on 10/27 and back then the site read 5-9 weeks and he told me it was more likely 8-10 weeks. At this point, with my delivery already scheduled, it will be almost exactly 7 weeks when I pick up my car. So, either way the projections were correct.

You're on the west coast and the only reason you are getting your order later is because of how the shipping of vehicles works. Be patient. You're almost there!

This whole process has been very frustrating and Tesla provides little to no information about it. It's very disheartening to hear some who have ordered more recently get VINs and delivery dates when others who ordered much earlier have heard nothing. I was told 2-4 weeks when I ordered on 10/25/19. Obviously, 2-4 weeks has come and gone and I've heard nothing from Tesla. The entire profile has been filled out, financing accepted, and insurance proof posted. No word from Tesla other than the generic "5-9" weeks which shows on the order page. Ordered in Pasadena, supposed to take delivery in Costa Mesa -- who knows when. I wish they had been more up front about delivery times when I ordered.

I ordered 10/16 and was aware of the 6-10 week delivery time so I'm not sure who told you or where you saw 2-4 weeks? I'm on my 7th week with no update which is what bothers me..

Reactions: skydreamerjae
I ordered 10/16 and was aware of the 6-10 week delivery time so I'm not sure who told you or where you saw 2-4 weeks? I'm on my 7th week with no update which is what bothers me..

likewise. I ordered 10/25 and it said 5-9 weeks; not 2-4. Good news is I’m in my 5th week now. So I’m definitely in the zone. I don’t Check source for VIN anymore like before (I check it now once a day, at most 2, so I can update my signature and spreadsheet) because Some people have said they’ve scheduled delivery and they don’t even have VIN in source.

a lot of us are in the same situation. I’m actually just as disappointed as you are, especially buying a car from a “high-line” brand.

I think it’s safe to assume that this week will be a slow one.. and that we can keep hoping for A LOT of action next week. However I did see a couple of Tesla’s in the freeway yesterday with temp plates from dealer so....

No joke, I refreshed my order page about 30 times today, and after reading today's replies about no traction for CA buyers, I thought I wouldn't get a VIN any time soon.

I was wrong! Was just assigned a VIN in source: Ordered 10/21, Los Angeles, CA, SR+, MSM/Black, 19" wheels, lease.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 3.13.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 3.13.15 PM.png
    636.3 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
No joke, I refreshed my order page about 30 times today, and after reading today's replies about no traction for CA buyers, I thought I wouldn't get a VIN any time soon.

I was wrong! Was just assigned a VIN in source: Ordered 10/21, San Pedro, CA, SR+, MSM/Black, 19" wheels.

you gave me hope, and now all hope is gone

10/21, Los Angeles, black/black/19"

pour one out for me goodbye world

It's a shame that you were misled. My SA was very upfront from the get-go. I ordered 2 days after you on 10/27 and back then the site read 5-9 weeks and he told me it was more likely 8-10 weeks. At this point, with my delivery already scheduled, it will be almost exactly 7 weeks when I pick up my car. So, either way the projections were correct.

You're on the west coast and the only reason you are getting your order later is because of how the shipping of vehicles works. Be patient. You're almost there!
likewise. I ordered 10/25 and it said 5-9 weeks; not 2-4. Good news is I’m in my 5th week now. So I’m definitely in the zone. I don’t Check source for VIN anymore like before (I check it now once a day, at most 2, so I can update my signature and spreadsheet) because Some people have said they’ve scheduled delivery and they don’t even have VIN in source.
I ordered a SR+, White/Back with 18” wheels from the Burbank location on 10/12. The website said 2 weeks delivery estimate when I ordered, however the Tesla rep in Burbank said to expect a month. Well it’s been almost 2 months and still nothing. I’ve already lost out on the $500 Cali rebate now I’m concerned about getting before the year closes out. Bummer.

I ordered a SR+, White/Back with 18” wheels from the Burbank location on 10/12. The website said 2 weeks delivery estimate when I ordered, however the Tesla rep in Burbank said to expect a month. Well it’s been almost 2 months and still nothing. I’ve already lost out on the $500 Cali rebate now I’m concerned about getting before the year closes out. Bummer.
I'm with you. same config. for me. 10/11 oder date. No VIN.

Tesla should offer like 2 years of free supercharging for folks who lost out on $500 ca rebate....
I wish they would but I would seriously doubt this company would.
As others have posted, Tesla is in a situation that if someone doesn't like they can just cancel. They know they can sell it right away to someone else. And I agree with them that they obviously can get away with it right now but, in a couple years when the rest of the industry catches up this kind of customer support will catch up with them.

As I said before, for a car that is made so high tech, the manufacturing/scheduling and communication is just the opposite. All very strange to me but I haven't cancelled my order so they got me :(

Cheers,
John

Reactions: tren01t and msm859
SA called (and emailed) to say that while he can't give me an exact date, I should be getting the car "within a few weeks". Also scheduled the orientation on the 10th. I took that as I probably won't see an update till the 10th at least. When I mentioned my travel plans he said that they'll hold the car as long as it's not over a week.
No VIN yet. Now I'm wondering if going to the orientation in this cold weather is worth my time.

I ordered 10/13 and got it from Burbank last week.

Do you have your profile completed? I think that does play a part in speeding things up.