Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla did right by Ontario buyers during a rapid loss of rebate ($14k to $0 at a stroke of the pen of our "crack smoking mayors premier brother" Doug Ford). Tesla fought the government over this and won such that the owners with orders in at the time of the rebate were granted, but delivery had to take place rapidly.

Tesla isn't perfect, and it's unlikely they will be able to do anything for the $500 rebate change some experienced, but give them the benefit of the doubt, they are WAY better than legacy auto companies based on my experience.

agreed! Tesla gets a lot of slack for this stuff but dealing with regular car companies over the last decade, I can tell you Tesla is still better. People are gonna complain no matter what.

• Love
Reactions: SmartElectric
Interesting experience and some info from my visit to the Dublin California showroom at lunch yesterday

Ordered Fremont delivery on a basic SR+ (blue/black/aero/no FSD) on 11/1, haven't heard a peep from Tesla except for the single "get your paperwork all done online for priority processing" bully text last week.

Went in to just get reassurance that everything was in order and to see what wisdom they have for me.

The reps were great and here are a few of the info nuggets i got from them
  • Floodgates for delivery to the Cali/SF bay area will open in a huge way for the "last 2 1/2 weeks of December"
  • When asked for best guess (If he was a betting man), he thinks i should expect a VIN near the end of next week with a delivery during the following week (16-21)
  • As for pickup appointments, they still do honor the 3-day window as agreed, but they plan to automatically set an appointment at the end of that window (say, the 20th) with the expectation being if i can't meet that date, i can reschedule for earlier pickup the 2 days prior (18-19 in this example)
  • As I live east of the Fremont factory (closer to the Dublin showroom), i also asked if it would screw anything up if i asked to change delivery from Fremont to Dublin. He checked the system and informed me that the delivery had already been changed to Dublin (?!??) - while that's what i wanted, i was kinda surprised that had already happened without any input or notification. The SA stated that often do that when there is a delivery center closer than what the user requested.
  • Confirmed no mats of any kind in the SR+

LOL, just received the 3rd email....from the third different "Tesla Advisor" advising me to "complete the insurance section, and any other tasks".
This has been completed since the day I placed the order.
Initial email was from a name I did not recognize. I wrote back stating I thought I had completed everything.
Hours later, my SA contacted me with the same info, and I sent him the Insurance card scan, along with stating I thought I had completed everything.
I then went to the (waste of time) New Owner event to Triple check that all my information was completed and it was all in Tesla's hands(I was once again informed it was)
Now today, I get a "Friendly Reminder" to finish everything on my end, since "We want to get you behind your vehicle as soon as possible!"

Wow, what a state of the art/best software in the world company we are dealing with, eh?

Interesting experience and some info from my visit to the Dublin California showroom at lunch yesterday

Ordered Fremont delivery on a basic SR+ (blue/black/aero/no FSD) on 11/1, haven't heard a peep from Tesla except for the single "get your paperwork all done online for priority processing" bully text last week.

----
  • As I live east of the Fremont factory (closer to the Dublin showroom), i also asked if it would screw anything up if i asked to change delivery from Fremont to Dublin. He checked the system and informed me that the delivery had already been changed to Dublin (?!??) - while that's what i wanted, i was kinda surprised that had already happened without any input or notification. The SA stated that often do that when there is a delivery center closer than what the user requested.

How/when did you initially request a delivery location? I placed my order online and did not notice any place for that request. I have been informed that since I live within 30 miles of the Factory, I would get a home delivery. I would have been willing to go to Fremont if it would have allowed an earlier delivery.

Just curious.

The shenanigans begin. I was scheduled to pickup tomorrow afternoon. I get a call today from Tesla operations to confirm my appt and while we're on the phone he says he lost visibility of my car and needs to call back. Calls back and says my car hasn't left the factory yet and won't be in Scottsdale until Thursday next week giving me next Saturday the earliest to pickup. I don't even mind that I have to wait another week(not entirely true) but my wife and I rearranged our schedules and had insurance all setup so it is a hassle. Wish they could have better control over the delivery process.

How/when did you initially request a delivery location? I placed my order online and did not notice any place for that request. I have been informed that since I live within 30 miles of the Factory, I would get a home delivery. I would have been willing to go to Fremont if it would have allowed an earlier delivery.

Just curious.
When ordering, once it determined that i was ineligible for home delivery(i live about 55 miles from the factory), it then gave me a few options to choose from.

Reactions: ZappCatt
Besides the already discussed spouse-annoyance of the Tesla fever we're all in while checkin on our VINs... now my other half is seriously getting cold feet on this purchase (purchase i'm making) He is saying if the simple task of delivering a car and basic service that should come along with a luxury car is not there what is this ownership experience going to be like? I get it. It def. crossed my mind as well, so if there are any existent owners on this thread can you reassure me that this is the worst part?

No joke, I refreshed my order page about 30 times today, and after reading today's replies about no traction for CA buyers, I thought I wouldn't get a VIN any time soon.

I was wrong! Was just assigned a VIN in source: Ordered 10/21, Los Angeles, CA, SR+, MSM/Black, 19" wheels, lease.

Pickup now scheduled for 12/8!!!

Received a “good news” call from Tesla this afternoon that my car should arrive tomorrow! They moved my delivery up from next week to this Friday. If they get the car washed and charged and don’t see any issues they may be able to deliver tomorrow. I told them I need the MVPA to get the check from my bank so they’re supposed to send that over tonight or early tomorrow, but haven’t seen it yet.
Curious if you got your vehicle and how did things work out for you getting your MVPA? I'm due to pick up my car shortly too and I've basically got until tomorrow and still no MVPA even though the sales guy assures me it'll show in my account.

At this point I think it would be faster to order a car to be delivered on the east coast then drive back home to California!

Went in to just get reassurance that everything was in order and to see what wisdom they have for me.

The reps were great and here are a few of the info nuggets i got from them
  • Floodgates for delivery to the Cali/SF bay area will open in a huge way for the "last 2 1/2 weeks of December"
  • When asked for best guess (If he was a betting man), he thinks i should expect a VIN near the end of next week with a delivery during the following week (16-21)
  • As for pickup appointments, they still do honor the 3-day window as agreed, but they plan to automatically set an appointment at the end of that window (say, the 20th) with the expectation being if i can't meet that date, i can reschedule for earlier pickup the 2 days prior (18-19 in this example)
  • Confirmed no mats of any kind in the SR+

Thanks this is really helpful. I actually ordered the same config (but SR) Oct 29th. A couple friends with Model3's said they saved a few days on delivery time in the past by going with a Fremont pickup, so that's what I specified on the order. I'm wondering if I should change from pickup to delivery in Marin Co. I'm guessing Fremont pickups will be a bit chaotic in the last 2 weeks of Dec and I'm doubtful the pickup in Fremont will get me the car any quicker.

JUST GOT A VIN NUMBER IN SOURCE!! My SA also contacted and told me before I checked my account and source code. I checked my account and its just asking me to put my final payment and we are in the home stretch! My SA said since I have the vin, my car is due to made very soon.

Hopefully the process from here on out is quick and swift!

Ordered SR+ 10/15 White ext/ Black int picking up Marina Del Rey. No Delivery date yet but at least the VIN is there.

JUST GOT A VIN NUMBER IN SOURCE!! My SA also contacted and told me before I checked my account and source code. I checked my account and its just asking me to put my final payment and we are in the home stretch! My SA said since I have the vin, my car is due to made very soon.

Hopefully the process from here on out is quick and swift!

Ordered SR+ 10/15 White ext/ Black int picking up Marina Del Rey. No Delivery date yet but at least the VIN is there.

Congrats! My trim, my delivery center. So so close!!!! happy for you