Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious if you got your vehicle and how did things work out for you getting your MVPA? I'm due to pick up my car shortly too and I've basically got until tomorrow and still no MVPA even though the sales guy assures me it'll show in my account.

No MVPA on the Tesla site yet, however the Delivery Advisor who called me to move up the delivery appointment emailed it to me last night. I would note the Delivery Advisor is different than the Sales Advisor I was previously talking with. So I’m all set on that, got my cashiers check from the bank today, and got a second call from the delivery advisor that we’re on schedule for tomorrow. My wife tells me I’m worse than a kid on Christmas Eve tonight :)

Besides the already discussed spouse-annoyance of the Tesla fever we're all in while checkin on our VINs... now my other half is seriously getting cold feet on this purchase (purchase i'm making) He is saying if the simple task of delivering a car and basic service that should come along with a luxury car is not there what is this ownership experience going to be like? I get it. It def. crossed my mind as well, so if there are any existent owners on this thread can you reassure me that this is the worst part?
I got cold feet with the first Tesla and my first LEAF (first electric car I had). The only thing I regret now is that I should have gotten the Tesla even earlier. :)
Good luck on the delivery. This will be a minor hiccup when you get your new family Tesla.

• Helpful
Reactions: Csamika
No MVPA on the Tesla site yet, however the Delivery Advisor who called me to move up the delivery appointment emailed it to me last night. I would note the Delivery Advisor is different than the Sales Advisor I was previously talking with. So I’m all set on that, got my cashiers check from the bank today, and got a second call from the delivery advisor that we’re on schedule for tomorrow. My wife tells me I’m worse than a kid on Christmas Eve tonight :)
Congratulations!

Reactions: FreezeFrame
So I don't know how this happened. Picked up my Tesla today!! Went to check my account and Bam saw a pickup schedule for Saturday. Called my SA and he says that it has come in and I can actually get it today. Went in and picked it up. I don't know how but I only waited 6 days?!

Ordered Black Friday after noon. Picked up 12/6 at 4pm
What a turnaround! Where are you located and what color did you get?

JUST GOT A VIN NUMBER IN SOURCE!! My SA also contacted and told me before I checked my account and source code. I checked my account and its just asking me to put my final payment and we are in the home stretch! My SA said since I have the vin, my car is due to made very soon.

Hopefully the process from here on out is quick and swift!

Ordered SR+ 10/15 White ext/ Black int picking up Marina Del Rey. No Delivery date yet but at least the VIN is there.
That's awesome! Congrats!!

I was told the mvps link does not work so mine was emailed to me. My car is paid for and sitting in Scottsdale AZ waiting to be shipped to Santa Fe NM no confirmed delivery date yet.

I'm starting to worry about pick up. I've confirmed delivery for Sunday. I've an MVPA now but it's all wrong. I've called, emailed and text no response. I called and called the delivery center until I got someone but he can't help me. 3 today will be the cutoff for wire transfers and 12 noon tomorrow my bank closes hopefully I'm not SOL.

I emailed my SA in Carlsbad a few days ago and told him I am worried that my delivery will be scheduled while I'm out of the country over Christmas. He called me within a few minutes and took my travel dates. He confirmed it's looking like the last 2 1/2 weeks of December, but said I should call as soon as I get the VIN and they will accommodate my availability if at all possible. I'm very happy with the responsiveness of the local SC--I just wish Tesla's logistics was better.

Ordered 11/5/2019: SR+ White/Black/Aero/no FSD.

Well I've just got done reading the past several pages of this thread and I'm concerned. Seeing that some of you have been waiting here since October and still no delivery, I'm starting to think delivery by Dec 31st is a long shot. I want to believe in the Tesla website but something tells me not to hold my breath.

Order placed 12/3 SR+, Black, Black, 19" Sport, Auto. All my portion is completed, just need VIN to give insurance.

Here's to feeling like a 8 yr old on christmas eve again....just have to endure another couple weeks...hopefully.

Well I've just got done reading the past several pages of this thread and I'm concerned. Seeing that some of you have been waiting here since October and still no delivery, I'm starting to think delivery by Dec 31st is a long shot. I want to believe in the Tesla website but something tells me not to hold my breath.

Order placed 12/3 SR+, Black, Black, 19" Sport, Auto. All my portion is completed, just need VIN to give insurance.

Here's to feeling like a 8 yr old on christmas eve again....just have to endure another couple weeks...hopefully.
It will happen. Even though you've only been waiting three days, you'll probably get your car before those in California that have been waiting since October. Location, Location, Location. The further you are from Fremont, the sooner you'll get your car. I went to the new owner orientation in Rocklin, CA last night. They made it clear that because we live within 100 miles of the factory, we probably won't see our cars until the last two weeks of December. Tesla is filling geographically distant orders first, close orders last. International, then east coast, then mid-west, then west, then north, then south, anyone else they can find... then California.

It will happen. Even though you've only been waiting three days, you'll probably get your car before those in California that have been waiting since October. Location, Location, Location. The further you are from Fremont, the sooner you'll get your car. I went to the new owner orientation in Rocklin, CA last night. They made it clear that because we live within 100 miles of the factory, we probably won't see our cars until the last two weeks of December. Tesla is filling geographically distant orders first, close orders last. International, then east coast, then mid-west, then west, then north, then south, anyone else they can find... then California.
I guess i'm glad to hear that I should have hope.

But do we know why that is? I'd assume they prioritize the more distant locations to account for transit time in order to uphold their lead time quotes. i.e. build get the more distant orders out the door faster since all the CA ones have a couple day transit time compared to a solid week for east coast.

Reactions: ZappCatt