Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why don't you think they will deliver your car by end of year?

Unless you have been assigned a VIN, anyone giving an ETA with a specific date at this point, California or elsewhere, is just a guess. Unless you have a connection with some guy in some back room, divvying out VINs, nobody seems to really know what day you'll get your car... just that you'll get it before end of year.

I'm confident that Tesla will follow through on their commitment to deliver all cars ordered by 12/8, by end of year. It's going to be a mess in the delivery centers. When I attended the new owner's orientation in Rocklin, CA yesterday, I sat next to a guy waiting for a model x. His girlfriend is a Tesla owner and a member of some owner's club. Tesla is using members of the owner's club to help deliver cars. They said the employees are planning on 5-10 minutes per delivery and then the club members will take the extra time to help show you all about your car. That's how they plan on being able to deliver 100 cars a day for last two or three weeks of the year.

Not sure if that's how all delivery centers are operating, but it seems like a great way to move alot of vehicles in a short amount of time.

I wasn't able to make the owner workshop in Rocklin. In terms of delivery,. We need to bring our license, check and proof of insurance. Any other things to consider for the delivery?

I wasn't able to make the owner workshop in Rocklin. In terms of delivery,. We need to bring our license, check and proof of insurance. Any other things to consider for the delivery?
I think there's another one tomorrow night. Not super informative. They said to make sure everything on the website was complete and then bring the items you mentioned. Make sure anyone included on the registration is there to sign as well. They also sold accessories. I picked up my 14-50 adapter so I wouldn't have to worry about it when all the craziness starts. Probably just as easy to order online though.

Reactions: sp0097
As should be clear from reading this thread(and any of the other waiting rooms) we have no inside information on why/how Tesla does anything.

The "understanding" is that they are trying to get as many cars into buyers hands by the end of quarter.
This means that they sent almost all production in October/Early November on ships(Europe/Asia) since they have the travel time, etc.

Once they turned to US, they build in groups, so similar models(LR,SR,SR+,Perf, Steatlth) are built at once. As they start planning the last production for the quarter, they are prioritizing East to West deliveries(once again transit time) and they seem to be building a few extra of each model for the areas to have a few available for a last minute buyer(seen by the guy who got his car on the East Coast within 6 days. I can not believe there is any WAY that they BUILT that car specifically for him and got it through production, QA, transit and delivery in that time frame. It was either a reject from someone else, or an "inventory car". The Stealths seem to be a similar example.)

Since they can get a car to us in the bay area within hours to days, we get the short end of the stick, Northern and Southern California seem to be treated similarly.

I expect that they will be able to get those cars to people who purchase by 12/8...but whether their delivery time works for peoples holiday plans is a different story.

I imagine we will hear more stories of people picking up a car last minute and gets it by 12/31 even if they did not have an order before then.

Sorry for the wall of text.

TLDR: Anyone US who ordered in Sept/Oct were "ignored" until production/shipments for US started in Nov. Any order since then, they are working through and expect to clear all current orders by the last 2 weeks of Dec, and any cars after that will be for people ordering between now and 12/8(and a few inventory cars) which will be available for last minute buyers
Good summary. I'd agree they're doing their best to meet their metrics and this unfortunately means they do what's best for them to get as many cars our as possible.

My order will be another data point. Really not seeing that many east coast orders.

Reactions: ZappCatt
Got my delivery date for next Friday. Ordered on Nov 26th, changed my reservation from SR+ to AWD so many times before settling on SR+. VIN showed up in the source on the 5th and I got my delivery date yesterday.

I think there's another one tomorrow night. Not super informative. They said to make sure everything on the website was complete and then bring the items you mentioned. Make sure anyone included on the registration is there to sign as well. They also sold accessories. I picked up my 14-50 adapter so I wouldn't have to worry about it when all the craziness starts. Probably just as easy to order online though.

Good to know. I have everything online filled out already. I have the tesla wall connector already installed. Just need the car. :) . Another recommendation was to bring your credentials for your tesla account. Based on the information you provided, we might start seeing CA deliveries as early as end of next week. Will the delivery centers be open extended hours?

About to enter week 8 with no vehicle! Have had my profile completed for 2 weeks now. Please let there be light this week!
It’ll have been 5 weeks for me tomorrow, and even that feels like an eternity. At least delivery/VIN assignment appears to be trending west now (lots of Colorado, Nevada, Utah, etc. orders appear to be moving).

I was at Fashion Island yesterday and stopped by the Tesla display. The sales associates didn’t have much to say beyond, “you’ll definitely get your car within the next couple of weeks.” Someone who appeared to be a more veteran employee said that the last 2 weeks of each quarter are extreme crunch conditions in order to fulfill as many deliveries as possible. He indicated that some employees will be working 12+ hour days. I feel sympathetic, but I imagine that’s the only way they will possibly meet insane demand in such a short timeframe.

Update to my order. So I have not heard a word from a human being regarding my order. I don't have a sales advisor or delivery advisor. When I called the main telsa line it routed me to my delivery center which immediately went to voicemail and that message was never returned. BUT despite all that, things have been going relatively smoothly.

White ext. Black int. Aero wheels. FSD. North Carolina

Ordered 11/14
Vin in source on 11/30
Delivery schedule option showed up on 12/2 and let me choose delivery on 12/20.
MVPA showed up yesterday (before this the link was broken, I called to have it emailed to me since the link had been broken, got no response but now magically its in my account.)
I already payed off the car (even though the order checklist says not to pay until you inspect the car, I'm not sure that would really make a difference since I have to pay it eventually and don't want that holding me up on delivery day)

So now I'm just waiting I guess for someone to either let me know my car is ready early or wait for the 12/20 appointment.

As far as accessories, I DIY'd a 14-50 outlet so hopefully it doesn't burn my house down. From Tesla I got the cord organizer, the center cap kit for aero wheels (actually I like the aero wheel look but I'll be going without them 90% of the time due to theft concerns) and of course the 14-50 mobile adapter. 3rd party I also got floor mats (but then I saw some NICER floor mats and am feeling a little regret), screen protector, console wrap, low profile wheel locks, microSD+adapter for teslacam, and door open stickers. I felt like those are the absolute necessities, but there are a lot of accessories for this car.

Definitely have concerns about defects being on the car but I guess all we can really do about that is cross our fingers at this point? Other posts said Tesla no longer fixes delivery defects via due bills, but hopefully thats not entirely true.

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
It will happen. Even though you've only been waiting three days, you'll probably get your car before those in California that have been waiting since October. Location, Location, Location. The further you are from Fremont, the sooner you'll get your car. I went to the new owner orientation in Rocklin, CA last night. They made it clear that because we live within 100 miles of the factory, we probably won't see our cars until the last two weeks of December. Tesla is filling geographically distant orders first, close orders last. International, then east coast, then mid-west, then west, then north, then south, anyone else they can find... then California.
That explains why Hawaii must be very last on the list ordered 9/26 and still waiting for the call.

20191207_101058.jpg
Screenshot_20191207-125417_Chrome.jpg