Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the call today from Nevada. My car is at Mt Kisco, which is about a 6 he drive from me. The incentives to pickup instead of home delivery were garbage. 150 hotel reimbursement and a 400 dollar Tesla store credit. I'd be responsible for supercharging, and the cost to get there above 159 bucks. I'm taking delivery at home. Ordered 10/29

Got the call today from Nevada. My car is at Mt Kisco, which is about a 6 he drive from me. The incentives to pickup instead of home delivery were garbage. 150 hotel reimbursement and a 400 dollar Tesla store credit. I'd be responsible for supercharging, and the cost to get there above 159 bucks. I'm taking delivery at home. Ordered 10/29
I think I would have taken that deal. I'm a "road-tripper" though. It would be worth the trip to me to get $400 worth of merchandise. Also, I'd rather put the first 6 hours/400 miles on my brand new car instead of someone else. That's not important to some people, but it is to me.

Reactions: ZappCatt
My prediction for the next 3 weeks and three days.

Week 1 (Dec 8 - 14): California (Oct Orders) will all finally get VINs while Upper West Coast, East Coast and Central Coast continue to take VINs & deliveries (especially those who placed orders in Nov and Dec). Backlog for non California should probably be lower at this point. (I hope)

Week 2 (Dec 15 - 21): Flood gates open! California (Oct Orders) will take deliveries, California (Nov Orders) will be assigned VINs, all other regions continue to prosper as they have been.

Week 3 (Dec 22 - 28): California (Nov Orders) Take Deliveries, California (Dec Orders prior to the 8th) will be assigned VINs.

Weekish 4 (Dec 29 - 31): California (Dec Orders) Take Deliveries and whatever remaining

Just wishful thinking, but who wants to start placing bets step right up! :D
This seems like a very realistic timeline. I ordered on 11/17 and the SA recently stated that delivery will be very close to Christmas.

Reactions: skydreamerjae
I think I would have taken that deal. I'm a "road-tripper" though. It would be worth the trip to me to get $400 worth of merchandise. Also, I'd rather put the first 6 hours/400 miles on my brand new car instead of someone else. That's not important to some people, but it is to me.

In most cases I would have done that also but the car isn't being driven to me it's being flatbedded so no miles should be on it. By the time I pay for a one way car rental, fuel and a possible hotel stay I'd exceed that 150 and approach the 400. Maybe I'm wrong but eh.

I bet you could request San Rafael from your sales contact if that's easier for you. Richmond/SR bridge is often a bit easier than the Bay Bridge, but your distance would be a lot further. The Tesla service center in San Rafael (assuming that's where they send us) is pretty close to where 580 ends up, so should be easier than dealing with SF traffic, depending of course on the time of day of your delivery. If you take delivery over here, give me a shout and I'll buy you a celebratory beer.

Thanks for the offer! This community is awesome. Congrats to everyone who has already gotten there's or has a VIN and delivery date. Good luck to the rest of us.

I decided to call Tesla again today just to see if they could shed any light on the timeline. The rep said it was looking like the car should be ready early to mid next week and to expect a call or automated text with a delivery date late next week or early the following week. Once I get the text, the VIN should appear in my account within an hour and if it doesn't, I should call them to have it manually put in. That's also when the final paperwork should appear, the MVPA.

I asked about the change of delivery location and he said that they had fully booked up Fremont, so they were dispersing the deliveries around to other locations based on customer proximity. The part I didn't understand is that he offered to switch my delivery location back to Fremont and said that would mean delivery is a day or two earlier. I mean, that's great, but if they booked up Fremont, how does that work? I'm not questioning it for now, and hopefully it doesn't end up being a problem.

Refresher: Ordered 10/22 - Blue/White, Aero, FSD.

• Funny
Reactions: ZappCatt
I got news.

I got a delivery date email!

No Vin in source still.
Email says car will leave factory on the 14th, tentative delivery date on the 15th.
I'll go check my account. the date is listed for the 11th. (to follow up on this tomorrow)

Order Date 10/11
SR+ White/Black AP, aero
Delivery Center is Marina Del Rey.

So happy. Oh, and I was dismissed this morning from Jury Duty as well. Double win today!

I got news.

No Vin in source still.
Email says car will leave factory on the 14th, tentative delivery date on the 15th.
I'll go check my account. the date is listed for the 11th. (to follow up on this tomorrow)

Order Date 10/11
SR+ White/Black AP, aero

So happy. Oh, and I was dismissed this morning from Jury Duty as well. Double win today!

that’s a great day right there! Can you imagine if you had gotten jury duty and selected during your delivery date?? It would of course end up being some dude charged for GTA of a Model 3 too. You lucked out.

that’s a great day right there! Can you imagine if you had gotten jury duty and selected during your delivery date?? It would of course end up being some dude charged for GTA of a Model 3 too. You lucked out.

haha. Of course. To Tesla's defense I gave the DC the heads up on jury duty and they said they will work with me to do a delivery late afternoon/evening as needed. So they offered a solution that made me feel comfortable serving. Still happy I was released from my civic duties.

Reactions: adregia
I got news.

No Vin in source still.

Order Date 10/11
SR+ White/Black AP, aero

Yay! You've waited so long! Thanks for the update and keep us posted on delivery! Waiting for my 10/19 order to in Marina Del Rey.

Reactions: Csamika