Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in Las Vegas, NV, so I assume I'm waiting in the same time table as my CA neighbors.
Ordered 11/8 with estimated 5-7 weeks for delivery.
SR+, White ext, Black Int, Aero Wheels, FSD.
Found VIN in source code 12/8.
Currently nothing publicly showing on my account page, and still waiting for the delivery scheduling text.

About 36 hours from delivery, but haven’t heard anything to confirm that. Haven’t seen an MVPA pop up either. Texted my SA and heard nothing. Called the delivery center, nothing (and the VM mailbox is full, so it just hangs up). Anyone have any thoughts on how else I can try to confirm my appointment? Thanks!

Yikes, my SA usually takes his sweet time responding to me but normally when I call or email my delivery center, I get a response very quickly. Attach your RN number to the subject of any email you send so they can quickly prioritize your email.

• Helpful
Reactions: KOAZ and JWSM3Owner
About 36 hours from delivery, but haven’t heard anything to confirm that. Haven’t seen an MVPA pop up either. Texted my SA and heard nothing. Called the delivery center, nothing (and the VM mailbox is full, so it just hangs up). Anyone have any thoughts on how else I can try to confirm my appointment? Thanks!

If you're DC is nearby and easy to pop in, maybe swing by in person?

I'm in Las Vegas, NV, so I assume I'm waiting in the same time table as my CA neighbors.
Ordered 11/8 with estimated 5-7 weeks for delivery.
SR+, White ext, Black Int, Aero Wheels, FSD.
Found VIN in source code 12/8.
Currently nothing publicly showing on my account page, and still waiting for the delivery scheduling text.

Uhmmm, I think you're ahead. In CA very few people got their cars post September order. We are just starting to see some VINS and delivery dates popping in. I ordered oct 11 and still no VIN but tentative delivery on the 15th... if the car leaves factory on the 14th. So you're ahead by a month

Reactions: ZappCatt
Yikes, my SA usually takes his sweet time responding to me but normally when I call or email my delivery center, I get a response very quickly. Attach your RN number to the subject of any email you send so they can quickly prioritize your email.
I’ve never had trouble reaching the DC before, I assume its because they are slammed with deliveries and probably short-staffed. I did finally manage to get through after getting the VM-too-full message all afternoon. The guy I spoke with sounded exhausted, so I imagine its wall-to-wall, but he did confirm the appt and also that my car arrived, so there shouldn’t be any snags with the appt. No offer to pick it up any earlier, but that ok. I’ll sleep easier tonight knowing its a sure thing!

I’ve never had trouble reaching the DC before, I assume its because they are slammed with deliveries and probably short-staffed. I did finally manage to get through after getting the VM-too-full message all afternoon. The guy I spoke with sounded exhausted, so I imagine its wall-to-wall, but he did confirm the appt and also that my car arrived, so there shouldn’t be any snags with the appt. No offer to pick it up any earlier, but that ok. I’ll sleep easier tonight knowing its a sure thing!

I think I'm lucky with this Costa Mesa delivery team! They went out of their way to call me a few minutes ago as well to confirm that my car is in great condition, confirm a few details and just excite me for when I pick it up.

Do you have a specific person in delivery you talk to?

No, I talk to someone new every time I call and they always help.

Well interesting development for me here in NC.....

Ordered 12/3
Got text to schedule delivery on 12/8 and scheduled for first available on 12/16 8AM. Never had VIN show in source code but had the MVPA with VIN same day as I received the text to schedule appointment. So nothing to worry about right. Just celebration!

I've been super excited all week and just trying to keep busy to speed time.

Then today I get an email from the local operations manager telling me "vehicle you are currently matched to is located in Nashville and will not ship without a $4000 transportation fee." I'm located in Raleigh, NC. They go on to tell me I can either take delivery in Nashville, pay the 4k$ for delivery or they would remove that car from my account and try to search for another match! Obviously I don't want to pay 4k$ and can't travel to Nashville to pickup the car.

And in one email my day was shattered. Anybody heard of a similar situation?

Ordered 12/3
Got text to schedule delivery on 12/8 and scheduled for first available on 12/16 8AM. Never had VIN show in source code but had the MVPA with VIN same day as I received the text to schedule appointment. So nothing to worry about right. Just celebration!

Then today I get an email from the local operations manager telling me "vehicle you are currently matched to is located in Nashville and will not ship without a $4000 transportation fee." I'm located in Raleigh, NC. They go on to tell me I can either take delivery in Nashville, pay the 4k$ for delivery or they would remove that car from my account and try to search for another match! Obviously I don't want to pay 4k$ and can't travel to Nashville to pickup the car.

No way is that right. What was the delivery charge in your order information? Are you doing home delivery or pickup at a delivery center?

Ordered 12/3

Something is FUBAR here. I don't understand how this can happen??? Agree with arroybass, need to see what is on your paper work. I'm not at all saying your wrong with this story, it just seems there has to be more to the story????

No way is that right. What was the delivery charge in your order information? Are you doing home delivery or pickup at a delivery center?
Ya I was hoping there was something wrong here but just got off the phone with the store manager and they told me corporate has put out a directive that cars over 250 miles away from delivery point can't be re-transported for free. Said there was some "glitch" in the system and wasn't sure why my order was matched with this VIN. But either way, they won't transport the car to NC for free since its over 250 miles.

Something is FUBAR here. I don't understand how this can happen??? Agree with arroybass, need to see what is on your paper work. I'm not at all saying your wrong with this story, it just seems there has to be more to the story????
There was no delivery fee in MVPA. Pickup at delivery center. Only destination fee, doc fee and the other regular stuff.

They said they are removing the match from my profile and I have to go back in the queue waiting for a VIN. Beyond waiting more (after getting excited and preparing for delivery), now they said they were "hoping I'd get assigned a VIN and take delivery" before year end. So its sounds like I may screwed!

Just went to look at existing inventory and this kind little note appeared....
upload_2019-12-12_21-8-7.png

So I'd assume that I was matched by Tesla automatically and then the local delivery center caught the mistake.

Just went to look at existing inventory and this kind little note appeared....
View attachment 487703

So I'd assume that I was matched by Tesla automatically and then the local delivery center caught the mistake.

I don't have a sales center anywhere near me, the closest Tesla anything is a service center an hour away. My car was transported 400 miles east of me just so they can haul it 400 miles back at no extra cost. The things companies do make no sense sometimes. They could've just as easily left the car at the service center and did the paperwork at the dealer. In your case if they really wanted to move the car they could've just delivered it. 4000 is egregious regardless though.

Ya I was hoping there was something wrong here but just got off the phone with the store manager and they told me corporate has put out a directive that cars over 250 miles away from delivery point can't be re-transported for free. Said there was some "glitch" in the system and wasn't sure why my order was matched with this VIN. But either way, they won't transport the car to NC for free since its over 250 miles.

There was no delivery fee in MVPA. Pickup at delivery center. Only destination fee, doc fee and the other regular stuff.

They said they are removing the match from my profile and I have to go back in the queue waiting for a VIN. Beyond waiting more (after getting excited and preparing for delivery), now they said they were "hoping I'd get assigned a VIN and take delivery" before year end. So its sounds like I may screwed!
Wow..... I really don’t know what to say. I really hope this works out for you.

I don't have a sales center anywhere near me, the closest Tesla anything is a service center an hour away. My car was transported 400 miles east of me just so they can haul it 400 miles back at no extra cost. The things companies do make no sense sometimes. They could've just as easily left the car at the service center and did the paperwork at the dealer. In your case if they really wanted to move the car they could've just delivered it. 4000 is egregious regardless though.
I'd agree. No way I'm going to pay 4k$. They should be able just to throw it on the next delivery truck coming my way...sounds easy but i'm sure its not that easy. I really hope they make it right!

The store manager said that I shouldn't have been matched with that VIN in the first place. And it was probably a vehicle that was returned, had defects and was rejected, or had financing fall through and that was re-assigned to my order. They said it may be a good thing that they had to cancel it for me since there could be "issues" with that car. Not sure I 100% believe that but either way it blows. And thats a massive understatement!

They said it may be a good thing that they had to cancel it for me since there could be "issues" with that car. Not sure I 100% believe that but either way it blows. And thats a massive understatement!

I feel for ya bud. Honestly, the person handling my delivery isn't even at the dealership, I wish I had a direct relationship. I was promised delivery by tomorrow if I got all the paperwork to FedEx on Tuesday, which I did. Now it's looking like sometime next week because the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing. To make it worse I'm paying for insurance on a car I don't even have yet! Seems like Tesla has been frustrating a lot of people this quarter. I know they wanna keep the sales model as transparent as possible to ensure everyone pays the same price but the allowance they give representatives to close deals is kind of a joke. Hope something positive comes your way man.