Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone had a tentative delivery scheduled and not having a VIN?
No VIN for me in source, yet I should be taking delivery this Sunday.

Worst case scenario, you show up Sunday to no car but you chew them out for it and get them to make this right. They will be able to offer incentives such as a free Tesla wall charger. My friend had his order delayed by a week, he did the same and got a wall charger from it.

Best case scenario, you walk away with your car! Wouldn't be the first time I saw on this forum someone that had a delivery date with no VIN on their profile. The vin will be on the contract/MVPA that they generate and if that hasn't generated yet, give it till 24 hours before your delivery date and time.

I got the delivery text to schedule my pickup appointment. I am scheduled to pick up on Sunday at 11am. Anyone know if I can use a credit card to put the down payment?

The official word from Tesla is that credit cards can not be used for final payment. Must be ACH/check/wire transfer (see link below).

Frequently Asked Questions - Ordering a Tesla

I got the delivery text to schedule my pickup appointment. I am scheduled to pick up on Sunday at 11am. Anyone know if I can use a credit card to put the down payment?

This is part of an email I got from Tesla last night regarding my Saturday delivery.

"*Please note any amount due at signing can be made in the form of a personal/company/cashier’s check, or an ACH transfer via your MyTesla account. Your finalized paperwork will post roughly 24 hours before your appointment. We do not accept any credit card payments for outstanding balances."

• Informative
Reactions: sp0097 and ZappCatt
Credit card up to 5K for down payment.

You can't use a credit card.

Quoted from my SA through email:
Please have your amount due at delivery ready in hand! Personal, cashiers or business check is accepted - no credit cards. ACH will be available online in your account before delivery day.

This was also confirmed by the delivery team when they called me yesterday.