Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bad news..

I got a call from Tesla Delivery saying that upon inspection of my vehicle, they noticed a large paint imperfection on the underside of the driver's rocker panel and would need time to correct it. They wanted me to accept the fact that they were going to push my delivery until Tuesday.. After going back and forth with them, I got them to offer me a Model S loaner until the vehicle is ready + a few extra accessories for the vehicle. I'm going to see if I can nudge a Tesla Wall Charger.

Sucks that I have to wait till Tuesday now.. but the Model S will keep my company :)
Bad news, but maybe the silver lining here is that the DC was double checking quality and preferred to fix the issue rather than push a deficient car on you. Read a few other posts about nightmare delivery personnel with a “take it or leave it” approach.

Congrats on finagling a loaner! Mind telling us what other accessories you got for your trouble? I go in tomorrow to get mine and want to know what’s reasonable to ask for if I get into this sort of situation!

Anyone else in the same boat as me? Still no VIN, no e-mail, nothin.

Ordered 10/14/19, SR+ white/blk no FSD 18 aero in socal (burbank).

Yup, Bay Area Order
10/14/19, SR+, white/blk no FSD, Aero
No VIN

Did get invited to 2nd Owners Workshop (pass)
Got a text today moving pick up location Burlingame DC (from Fremont). Got really excited to see "TESLA" in text.. but then came crashing back down to earth...

VIN.png
VIN2.png

GREAT! ....JUST GREAT! ....HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SLEEP TONIGHT?!

Chrome Extension found it first, then i sourced it and surely enough it's there. But yeah, not on the UI yet. Either way, LET THE STARVATION BEGIN CUZ THESE MONTHLY PAYMENTS ARE GONNA SUUUUUCK

Congrats! Though...selfishly a little bummed, this Forum is going to be so boring once you get your car!

Totally am with you regarding the monthly payments. I kept thinking of jumping on a Stealth when all our fellow SR+ers kept bouncing out with their imminent rides..then I ran the numbers again and could not find anything cheaper than 1 ramen a day to eat, so decided my SR+ will have to be enough for me!

Congrats! Though...selfishly a little bummed, this Forum is going to be so boring once you get your car!

Totally am with you regarding the monthly payments. I kept thinking of jumping on a Stealth when all our fellow SR+ers kept bouncing out with their imminent rides..then I ran the numbers again and could not find anything cheaper than 1 ramen a day to eat, so decided my SR+ will have to be enough for me!
awww man that's not true!

but yeah i know how you feel, i really wanted a P3D+ so bad, but no. Maybe in a few years we could trade in our SR+ for a Stealth or P3D+.

Anyone else in the same boat as me? Still no VIN, no e-mail, nothin.

Ordered 10/14/19, SR+ white/blk no FSD 18 aero in socal (burbank).

I've ordered 10/11. No VIN. a few days ago I got a tentative delivery on 12.15. Today they pushed it out to 12.24. Yes Christmas. I am actually so sad right now. I was counting the hours till Sunday and here we are no affirmative on anything and another 9 days added to the currently 63 days since ordering. Marina Del R. DC. I think i'm on the *sugar* list.

I've ordered 10/11. No VIN. a few days ago I got a tentative delivery on 12.15. Today they pushed it out to 12.24. Yes Christmas. I am actually so sad right now. I was counting the hours till Sunday and here we are no affirmative on anything and another 9 days added to the currently 63 days since ordering. Marina Del R. DC. I think i'm on the *sugar* list.

I'm right there with you Casmika. Same tentative delivery date with same sad news today being delayed to 12/24.

That totally sucks! I wonder why their estimate was so off?...and if 10/11 cars are pushed back to 12/24...how far into November orders are they going to get in the last week of the year?

• Informative
Reactions: skydreamerjae
Well, unexpectedly I just ordered an inventory SR+! It was a demo car with 174 miles on it and a $1200 discount. It is a 2019 model, white with 19 sport wheels and black interior. It also had FSD, but I am having them remove that making the vehicle 39300 before taxes and the doc fee. Basically 2190 cheaper than a newly ordered one, so that is a nice bonus. Based on the VIN I suspect it was an Aug or Sept build. Super excited to finally get a Tesla.

Well, unexpectedly I just ordered an inventory SR+! It was a demo car with 174 miles on it and a $1200 discount. It is a 2019 model, white with 19 sport wheels and black interior. It also had FSD, but I am having them remove that making the vehicle 39300 before taxes and the doc fee. Basically 2190 cheaper than a newly ordered one, so that is a nice bonus. Based on the VIN I suspect it was an Aug or Sept build. Super excited to finally get a Tesla.
Nice! Do you know if a car like this is counted as "new" or "used"? Was wondering if you would still qualify for the tax credit & rebate on one of these inventory models.