Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you cannot pay with a personal check. You’ll need to get a check from the bank to pay your final amount due.

In every car purchase I have done in the past, a personal check has always been fine to pay either for the entire vehicle, or whatever balance was due. You are entering a contract with the seller, if for some reason you don't uphold your end of the contract, they take the car back. (e.g. your check doesn't clear.) If there was a requirement to have a cashiers check / money order, I believe Tesla would call that out.

Reactions: Atreyu
View attachment 488047View attachment 488048

GREAT! ....JUST GREAT! ....HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SLEEP TONIGHT?!
hahaha!...check you out Skydreamerjae! You finally got your VIN and a delivery date! I got my delivery on Black Friday and have been checking back here to see if you got yours or not. Congrats!...at times it looked like you were about to get your car and other times it looked like you didn't even finish placing your order. Happy early X-Mas!

• Love
Reactions: skydreamerjae
I need advice. I think im going crazy here, Im one of the lucky people that is getting delivery really soon (Ordered Dec 1st and Delivery Dec 23rd) I ordered a SR+ white exterior, black interior , 18" Aero, no FSD, however after doing a test drive yesterday im really liking the interior too. What does everyone think for black vs white interior and do you think it would be worth me changing my order to a white interior and pushing my delivery date until like late February? where im finally so close to delivery?

I need advice. I think im going crazy here, Im one of the lucky people that is getting delivery really soon (Ordered Dec 1st and Delivery Dec 23rd) I ordered a SR+ white exterior, black interior , 18" Aero, no FSD, however after doing a test drive yesterday im really liking the interior too. What does everyone think for black vs white interior and do you think it would be worth me changing my order to a white interior and pushing my delivery date until like late February? where im finally so close to delivery?

I can not afford to wait 3+ months for a new car, so I would not be interested in changing. BUT...if you are buying the car for $40K+, might as well make sure it is a car you are going to love for several years....so if it is a huge difference to you, go for it!

I can not afford to wait 3+ months for a new car, so I would not be interested in changing. BUT...if you are buying the car for $40K+, might as well make sure it is a car you are going to love for several years....so if it is a huge difference to you, go for it!

Honestly that helped alot. Its true I really dont want to wait much longer. Plus after discussing with some family and friends I decided to keep the black interior. Thanks again!

Reactions: ZappCatt
Definitely turning out to be the strangest car buying experience I have ever had!
I have purchased/owned seven new VW/Audi/Porsche and factory ordered one BMW in my time. Sure there were bumps along the way, missed expectations, less-than knowledgeable salespeople, etc., but I certainly did not experience ALL of those things in any-one transaction on top of sheer reluctance to communicate. This is as close as I have come to venting and I still can not get an update from my SA until I send a message (and when he does respond, it is just to tell me to wait for a text from the DC).

I hope there is a survey about him and his manager... the delays do not bother me near as much as the poor/lack of communication and information.

/rant.

Reactions: tren01t
Definitely turning out to be the strangest car buying experience I have ever had!
I have purchased/owned seven new VW/Audi/Porsche and factory ordered one BMW in my time. Sure there were bumps along the way, missed expectations, less-than knowledgeable salespeople, etc., but I certainly did not experience ALL of those things in any-one transaction on top of sheer reluctance to communicate. This is as close as I have come to venting and I still can not get an update from my SA until I send a message (and when he does respond, it is just to tell me to wait for a text from the DC).

I hope there is a survey about him and his manager... the delays do not bother me near as much as the poor/lack of communication and information.

/rant.

My experience has taught me that for no reason should I bother talking to the SA. Whatever DC you are communicating with is the only place to get an answer . In my case I have someone's direct email in Vegas and he's typically responded promptly, even on Sundays

Reactions: RainKing