Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a model x on the 31st of October. Just like everyone else I have also been calling in to my Tesla rep and they keep saying I won’t receive it till BEFORE the end of the year. A couple weeks ago I got a text saying my vin is in and I can schedule the pick up so I get very excited but my account wouldn’t let me pick a delivery date so I called in to my rep and they said “it was a mistake and you will still get you car before the end of the year”. Bummed out but no biggie I always assumed I was going to get it by the end of the month anyway. Then Monday the 16th rolls around and I wake up to a text saying my car is ready for pick up. I can either pick it up the 19th or 20th. I chose the 19th (obviously excited again!!) I was staying at my family’s house in San Diego when I woke up to the text. I drove all the way from San Diego to Fremont on the 18th (yesterday) to get a phone call from someone at Tesla saying “hey sorry for the bad new but we are going to have to push your delivery date back” and I said “u gotta be F-ing joking“ since I drove all the way up north and bought a hotel for the night so I can drive back to my family’s place in san Diego after I pick up the car.. I even called my rep the day I confirmed delivery and he said “everything is good to go”. Soooo I drove my ass back to San Diego with no Tesla and my family saying “wow that sucks”. Disappointing thus far.

I ordered a model x on the 31st of October. Just like everyone else I have also been calling in to my Tesla rep and they keep saying I won’t receive it till BEFORE the end of the year. A couple weeks ago I got a text saying my vin is in and I can schedule the pick up so I get very excited but my account wouldn’t let me pick a delivery date so I called in to my rep and they said “it was a mistake and you will still get you car before the end of the year”. Bummed out but no biggie I always assumed I was going to get it by the end of the month anyway. Then Monday the 16th rolls around and I wake up to a text saying my car is ready for pick up. I can either pick it up the 19th or 20th. I chose the 19th (obviously excited again!!) I was staying at my family’s house in San Diego when I woke up to the text. I drove all the way from San Diego to Fremont on the 18th (yesterday) to get a phone call from someone at Tesla saying “hey sorry for the bad new but we are going to have to push your delivery date back” and I said “u gotta be F-ing joking“ since I drove all the way up north and bought a hotel for the night so I can drive back to my family’s place in san Diego after I pick up the car.. I even called my rep the day I confirmed delivery and he said “everything is good to go”. Soooo I drove my ass back to San Diego with no Tesla and my family saying “wow that sucks”. Disappointing thus far.

That's absolutely bananas. Each passing day I am less and less impressed with the customer service of Tesla. You're dropping a ton of money on a car and the least they should be able to do is tell you when you can pick it up. I'd make a big stink about this for sure so they know how much their wrong information has cost you!

WOW, that is incredibly lame.

That's absolutely bananas. Each passing day I am less and less impressed with the customer service of Tesla. You're dropping a ton of money on a car and the least they should be able to do is tell you when you can pick it up. I'd make a big stink about this for sure so they know how much their wrong information has cost you!
Yeah, I'm sure we all have understanding that this is an incredibly in-demand item and that there is patience required to get it...but getting SEMI-correct information doesn't seem like it is too much to ask for...so crazy.

Crazy .. sorry man

I ordered my SR+ on 11-20-2019, 6 weeks before the end of year. I still have only the RN #. You guys keep referring to VIN source code. What is that?

Evidently, once a car is manufactured and assigned to your order, the VIN number shows up in the code of the page. There are ways to find this by viewing the page source or installing a chrome extension "tesla vin finder." I don't know what it actually looks like as I have yet to be assigned a VIN. Ordered 10/25

Tesla just blasted an Email out to eveyone, and I think there site is
Woohoo..reached out to Tesla via chat and he gave me the VIN#. I also checked the page source and found the same number. That's good news right? Now I need them to enable me to apply for a loan directly with Tesla rather than using my credit union.

Did the chat trigger the VIN or was the VIN already assigned?!
Very interesting...

I didn't get any email notification. The VIN # was assigned to me roughly about 2 hours ago (so it was probably at 9AM PST). The rep (via chat) gave me the VIN #. Then I confirmed it by viewing source code. Then I saw Mvpa document (assuming it's Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement) below the Lemon Law Disclosure. I clicked on it and low and behold the purchase contract. I signed it and emailed it to Redwood Credit Union immediately so they can get a head start on this. Knowing it's Friday and close to the holiday, most employees are either taking off early or calling in sick or using holiday pay to stay at home. This is exciting...