Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Graduated on Saturday!
Hello Bluebird!
IMG_20191221_125214718_HDR.jpg

What happens if you cannot pick up the car within 3 days? We were promised delivery by 12/26 as we would be out of town until end of year but now it looks like thats not happening as I have no VIN and no est delivery date. They are telling us that if we can't pick up thyey basically sell the car to someone else and I'll have to wait unil Feb for a whole new car, is this real??

Yup, its very for real.

What happens if you cannot pick up the car within 3 days? We were promised delivery by 12/26 as we would be out of town until end of year but now it looks like thats not happening as I have no VIN and no est delivery date. They are telling us that if we can't pick up thyey basically sell the car to someone else and I'll have to wait unil Feb for a whole new car, is this real??
Unfortunately, it's for realsies :(

I received availability email confirm my availability dates for pick up! After all, I didn’t receive anything! It is making me nervous that I won’t get my car by year end.
Order date: 12/01/19, technically is on 11/30/19
Model: M3 standard range cheapie

anyone in the same situation

I received availability email confirm my availability dates for pick up! After all, I didn’t receive anything! It is making me nervous that I won’t get my car by year end.
Order date: 12/01/19, technically is on 11/30/19
Model: M3 standard range cheapie

anyone in the same situation

Looks like we ordered on the same day but I went for the white interior! 11/30/19. I got my availability email but still no VIN :-/. DA says the last two days of the year...
I'm wondering since I'm so close to the factory (I could literally take a 60 min walk to get there) they are holding off with my order since the shipping time for other, more remote orders would need to be accounted for. My hunch is that the last few days of the year will see a huge fulfillment of Bay Area orders.

Reactions: sacraM3nto
VIN showed up on Saturday. Ordered 10/25. At suggestion of others on this forum, I called the delivery center in Costa Mesa this morning for an update as I haven't received any notification from Tesla. Was told the car hadn't been built yet and to expect delivery "maybe next week."

hey bud, I also have an October SR order, 10/29. I got a delivery scheduling text, but no VIN, MVPA or any of that yet. They said my car would come out of a batch finished on the 26th, so they're def making SRs in that group so maybe yours is in that batch. No clue why some folks get delivery texts and no VIN, some get VIN and no delivery text. Seems like people with VINs sometimes have them drop out of the account, so keep an eye on it but it also seems like a lot of people on here who got VINs got deliveries setup once they contacted their delivery center (or someone helpful at DC). If I were in your position I'd be contacting in different ways... your SA, def try the delivery center again, try the chat feature on the website. You might get helpful info but may have to go through a few people before you get it. The VIN seems more reliable than a delivery schedule though, so hope you've got a car that just needs to find you.

Yes. They only hold for a week or so. and probably not even that due to 12/31

hey bud, I also have an October SR order, 10/29. I got a delivery scheduling text, but no VIN, MVPA or any of that yet. They said my car would come out of a batch finished on the 26th, so they're def making SRs in that group so maybe yours is in that batch. No clue why some folks get delivery texts and no VIN, some get VIN and no delivery text. Seems like people with VINs sometimes have them drop out of the account, so keep an eye on it but it also seems like a lot of people on here who got VINs got deliveries setup once they contacted their delivery center (or someone helpful at DC). If I were in your position I'd be contacting in different ways... your SA, def try the delivery center again, try the chat feature on the website. You might get helpful info but may have to go through a few people before you get it. The VIN seems more reliable than a delivery schedule though, so hope you've got a car that just needs to find you.

Just checked my account again -- VIN is no longer in the source. 10/25 order, no VIN, no nothing. Loving this.

Attachments

• 1ffbbbd24f2fba08e004e39b9803a9b3.jpeg
    1ffbbbd24f2fba08e004e39b9803a9b3.jpeg
    27.2 KB · Views: 34
Just checked my account again -- VIN is no longer in the source. 10/25 order, no VIN, no nothing. Loving this.

man that would drive me nuts seeing a VIN and having it go. sorry to hear that! Hopefully with batches coming off the line you'll get a VIN again, or at least a text scheduling a delivery. My backup plan through all of this is to throw a new years party at the local delivery center. some people are bound to get too drunk to pick up their cars (or leave with them?) and then you could be there to snag it!
seriously though, there must be cars on the 31st for folks who can't take delivery. they gotta go to someone, right?