Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a 3 Week M3 Update. Still in love with this car every day, all day. Two updates since receiving the vehicle, it's already added Twitch streaming, New games, Stop signs / Signals on the driver display and more. For everyone waiting, hang in there. It is worth it, and you'll fall in love from the first minute and forget about the hard waits. (I waited more than two months for mine). This is the first car I've owned in quite some time where I'm excited to drive to work, excited to go out for lunch, and often spend time in the car after arriving at the destination.

Accessories that I've deemed as MUST haves:

The vinyl wrap cover for the center console area
Window Tint (This is the most 'bubble' feeling car i've sat in without it. Particularly with the white int.)
Wireless phone charger & SSD for Sentry
Trunk Organizer - (I keep cleaning supplies, tire plug kit / compressor, car vacuum, wipes, charger, etc in here)
This Console Organizer - (otherwise everything just goes into a giant pit in the center)

m31.jpg
m32.jpg

Just a 3 Week M3 Update. Still in love with this car every day, all day. Two updates since receiving the vehicle, it's already added Twitch streaming, New games, Stop signs / Signals on the driver display and more. For everyone waiting, hang in there. It is worth it, and you'll fall in love from the first minute and forget about the hard waits. (I waited more than two months for mine). This is the first car I've owned in quite some time where I'm excited to drive to work, excited to go out for lunch, and often spend time in the car after arriving at the destination.

Accessories that I've deemed as MUST haves:

The vinyl wrap cover for the center console area
Window Tint (This is the most 'bubble' feeling car i've sat in without it. Particularly with the white int.)
Wireless phone charger & SSD for Sentry
Trunk Organizer - (I keep cleaning supplies, tire plug kit / compressor, car vacuum, wipes, charger, etc in here)
This Console Organizer - (otherwise everything just goes into a giant pit in the center)

View attachment 494376 View attachment 494375
Totally agree with PowerBankT. I have had mine for almost 30 days, after a 6 week wait. Got lucky since I ordered on 10/22 and seen the angst experienced from fellow waiters here. Hope you guys get your cars before EOY!
Hey PowerBankT, what was the % tint did you go with?. I am waiting for my passenger side front window "nick" to be replaced from Tesla. It was the only issue when I took delivery before I can get it tinted.

Totally agree with PowerBankT. I have had mine for almost 30 days, after a 6 week wait. Got lucky since I ordered on 10/22 and seen the angst experienced from fellow waiters here. Hope you guys get your cars before EOY!
Hey PowerBankT, what was the % tint did you go with?. I am waiting for my passenger side front window "nick" to be replaced from Tesla. It was the only issue when I took delivery before I can get it tinted.

I did Ceramic 15% all around, and the rear window in 1 piece. Pretty sure 15% is illegal in most states on the front two windows, but in Florida, cops are generally pretty understanding as it's essentially scorched earth down here most of the year. I haven't driven it out of state yet, but I'll be sure to report back on what the fine is as soon as one gets thrown my way :D

Reactions: tren01t
Don’t know if accurate but someone on TMC said they were told they were working on some company policy on Monday, today, about how to handle. Don’t recall which thread it was posted to. I know in the past on some decision about refunds or such (can’t recall circumstance) Elon supposedly was reviewing each situation himself. Don’t know if that would be true today or if for example Zach is the final word. I do think Elon tries to be fair and has Tesla compensate groups of people in the past; so as hard as it is to do, I probably would sit tight and wait for my car and see what happens. It really is a great car and honestly having one now I wouldn’t buy anything else out there. Can’t make apologies for the communication mess but once you get through the delivery, which for many goes well, my car at least has been trouble free and a dream to drive. Good luck hope it works out in the end for you. Sure it’s tough reading about all the people getting their cars now too.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZappCatt
Guys -- if you aren't married to your exact configuration, I highly encourage you to call your SA. I was fully expected to miss 12/31 delivery, and just wanted to find out if I should expect my car in Jan or in March. I called my SA just earlier today and he was able to match me with two white SR+ in less than 30 minutes apart. While I am not a huge fan of white, I figure I save $1K now and just get a custom paint job later if I really hate the color. I am now scheduled to pick up the car tomorrow -- cross my fingers.

I think there are a ton of cancellations right now due to people who cannot pick up their cars due to holiday travels, a good SA can really help you match to a car :)

My original delivery date was yesterday, but was cancelled so I gave up hope for the SR+. My husband wanted the LR from the start so I decided to check inventory and there was actually a white LR AWD available in San Rafael. I took the leap. Ordered at 9am and picked up at 1:45pm. The car is amazing!! I hope Tesla comes through for those hoping to get their cars by EoY.

Attachments

• DCD6E2B5-605A-4DCB-9691-7678120C41D2.jpeg
    DCD6E2B5-605A-4DCB-9691-7678120C41D2.jpeg
    458.6 KB · Views: 51
My original delivery date was yesterday, but was cancelled so I gave up hope for the SR+. My husband wanted the LR from the start so I decided to check inventory and there was actually a white LR AWD available in San Rafael. I took the leap. Ordered at 9am and picked up at 1:45pm. The car is amazing!! I hope Tesla comes through for those hoping to get their cars by EoY.

White/white is my favorite color combination - good choice! You can’t go wrong with the longer range battery and AWD. You are going to love it. Congratulations! Of course now you will have to decide if you want to spend another $2K for the acceleration boost!

Ok, is everyone ready for plot twist 23 or 24 in the saga. I just received a phone call from the SA that I worked with while standing in the store on 12/26 and she said my car is off the line and going to it's last stop before moving to the delivery area.

I now "officially" have a 3pm pickup appointment at the Fremont delivery hub.
She did not mention updated Lease paperwork or anything, so I am taking it with a grain of salt...but...I might have a car tomorrow.

White/white is my favorite color combination - good choice! You can’t go wrong with the longer range battery and AWD. You are going to love it. Congratulations! Of course now you will have to decide if you want to spend another $2K for the acceleration boost!
Thanks! I never considered white/white before, but I really liked blue/white so I thought I’d just go with it. Once I saw it in person, it was a done deal! I’m so glad I didn’t hold out for my original config (SR+/white/black/19s).

Lol. That’s the first thing my husband mentioned when he opened up the Tesla app... “so babe, for an extra 2 grand...”

Ok, is everyone ready for plot twist 23 or 24 in the saga. I just received a phone call from the SA that I worked with while standing in the store on 12/26 and she said my car is off the line and going to it's last stop before moving to the delivery area.

I now "officially" have a 3pm pickup appointment at the Fremont delivery hub.
She did not mention updated Lease paperwork or anything, so I am taking it with a grain of salt...but...I might have a car tomorrow.
What a freaking roller coaster of emotions! I was pretty confident and optimistic during the 6 week wait only to be let down. I felt like a total fool when I got the “your car will come in January” text the night before my delivery appt. I’m not sure how I’d feel if I were you at this point. I really hope you get your car, plus some extras! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Reactions: ZappCatt
What a freaking roller coaster of emotions! I was pretty confident and optimistic during the 6 week wait only to be let down. I felt like a total fool when I got the “your car will come in January” text the night before my delivery appt. I’m not sure how I’d feel if I were you at this point. I really hope you get your car, plus some extras! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Thanks! I am hoping for a result which restores my faith in Tesla. Congrats on your car! If I could swing a LR, I most definately would have. It would have made trips to Yosemite or Skiing viable....and the extra speed would have been nice ;-)

Reactions: sacraM3nto
Well good to see Tesla still working hard to get cars to new owners across the state. Wish I could be there for the Special Delivery Event at the factory. You guys have to report back!
I will definitely report back! Maybe update here with a few photos from the event, if it is worthy of sharing. I am keeping my expectations low but am very excited to finally get my car. It has been 62 days of anticipation......