Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope, no bonus extras, and they wanted to make sure I really understood how important I was to them by having an assembly line worker deliver the car, in the dark after he had put in a 12 hour workday building the cars. Luckily I had read the manual, taken an overnight test drive, so I knew more about the car than he did....

Yay Tesla! :-(
It was the same when I picked up my car on Sunday. They sent an assembly worker from Fremont to help deliver cars. He couldn’t answer any questions. He just said, “I don’t know. They sent me from Fremont.” It was such a buzzkill. Glad you got your car though! It’s been a wild ride.

Reactions: ZappCatt
Strange that out of the other 180 days to buy and deliver, it’s left to the last few hours of the last day. This happened at the end of each half year and is avoidable on both the buyers part and Tesla’s, yet here we are again.

How is it avoidable on the "buyers part?" I got my car last night, and ordered November 15. There is a guy at the Fremont Factory picking up today who ordered in late October! They do not have many options, so it is not like it was delayed due to complexity.

It is Tesla optimizing their profit/cars sold per quarter at the expense of a captive audience.

Reactions: matador4
If Tesla didn’t focus on optimizing their profits, you wouldn’t have the opportunity to buy your SR. They wouldn’t have tanked before releasing that car.

Tesla has a history of not delivering ALL cars on time. They don’t have the ability to do that. Too many cars to deliver, though they try their best. Even in 2018, there were cars ordered in October of that year that weren’t delivered before year end. Same thing 1/2 a year ago.

If it’s the tax credit is that important and enough to force someone not to buy the car, then order early. On our second Model 3, I ordered it in July 2018 and I took delivery of it in Nov 2018. I wanted to make sure that I got the tax credit with ample time for anything to go wrong to go wrong.

Strange that out of the other 180 days to buy and deliver, it’s left to the last few hours of the last day. This happened at the end of each half year and is avoidable on both the buyers part and Tesla’s, yet here we are again.

it's true, i guess the expiring credit gives people the push to buy if they were debating.
you did it proper in ordering your 2nd one in July (but delivery in November)

I think for the 1st time Telsa owners we didn't think that it would take this long to purchase a car.
The whole Tesla process is unique and appears more streamline during ordering process (amazed that it was like buying something at Best Buy or Apple), but now we know that the production and logistics might not be efficient for those who want the basic car (SR+) so next Tesla car definitely order way ahead of anything you expect

Reactions: sacraM3nto
nothing yet, my SA and Buena Park Tesla have been MIA for a while.
Ordered mine 12/3rd but it shows shows estimated delivery 2-4 weeks after order
Same exact situation for me... Last correspondence I heard from Buena Park Dc is "If we do not have a vehicle built by the end of December that can be assigned to your account, we will have one built early next year"

This was on 12/30

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: matador4
Tesla sales messed my order. Did not get my car before 12/31 even though I ordered in mid-Nov (within 5-6 weeks window). I was told yet again (yesterday) to wait to get vin allocated. Got sick of hearing that from them past few weeks. After losing federal tax benefit, not sure how reliable these guys are. Sucks!!

Same boat for me. Ordered 11/24. Got the call of cancellation of appointment on 12/26 and not a word since. Once I heard it wasn’t going to happen this year I gave up, enjoyed my holidays with the family. Been watching the threads here with amazement at how many people got shafted. I will start harassing Burbank everyday after work for the next 2 weeks starting tomorrow though. After that we’ll see.

I wonder
If Tesla didn’t focus on optimizing their profits, you wouldn’t have the opportunity to buy your SR. They wouldn’t have tanked before releasing that car.

Tesla has a history of not delivering ALL cars on time. They don’t have the ability to do that. Too many cars to deliver, though they try their best. Even in 2018, there were cars ordered in October of that year that weren’t delivered before year end. Same thing 1/2 a year ago.

If it’s the tax credit is that important and enough to force someone not to buy the car, then order early. On our second Model 3, I ordered it in July 2018 and I took delivery of it in Nov 2018. I wanted to make sure that I got the tax credit with ample time for anything to go wrong to go wrong.

same here ordered SR in March for for a 6/30/19 delivery (wanted to make the ~ $3.8K credit). I don't blame them for prioritizing the higher trims, I want them to make more profits to be sustainable and subsidize SRs

Can anybody help me with the federal tax incentives? I bought Tesla Model 3 Standard Range (35k), how come Model 3 standard range is not listed under IRS Federal Incentives Qualified Vehicles? All I see are following 4 trims:
Model 3 Standard Range Plus
Model 3 Long Range
Model 3 Long Range AWD and AWD Performance 2019
Model 3 Mid Range

Please help....