Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When Tesla makes a push at the end of the Quarter, to sell & deliver as many cars as possible, does it matter whether the cars are just ordered or do they need to be delivered by the end of Q1 to aid in Tesla's profits for its shareholders? Meaning, if a car is on order with an estimated delivery time around the end of March (end of Q1), will Tesla usually try to make a push and get it delivered to you before the end of the month so they can get paid for the car, thus adding to their profit margin for that quarter?

Does it really matter if your car is ready for delivery on say 3/30, but you can't take delivery of it until 4/1 or 4/2 because of your schedule? Would Tesla then just move onto the next person in line who's ready to buy now with the same order spec, just to make the Q1 cut-off? And would that inevitably push your delivery date much further down the road at that point, possibly towards the end of the next quarter?

For what it’s worth, I ordered a SR+ in Blue with Black Interior & 18” wheels on 2/28. I got the VIN on 3/2 & have my delivery scheduled for 3/14. It’s delivering to TX. I guess it can be really quick sometimes!

I ordered exact same model, colour, interior and wheels on February 24 here in Vancouver, BC - still no VIN - SA said mid to late March...

When Tesla makes a push at the end of the Quarter, to sell & deliver as many cars as possible, does it matter whether the cars are just ordered or do they need to be delivered by the end of Q1 to aid in Tesla's profits for its shareholders? Meaning, if a car is on order with an estimated delivery time around the end of March (end of Q1), will Tesla usually try to make a push and get it delivered to you before the end of the month so they can get paid for the car, thus adding to their profit margin for that quarter?

Does it really matter if your car is ready for delivery on say 3/30, but you can't take delivery of it until 4/1 or 4/2 because of your schedule? Would Tesla then just move onto the next person in line who's ready to buy now with the same order spec, just to make the Q1 cut-off? And would that inevitably push your delivery date much further down the road at that point, possibly towards the end of the next quarter?
I would think bookkeeping for sales of a public held company would have to comply to their fiscal year/quarters dates. They need to deliver at the end of March.

Sadly, many reports here on this web site about those who were unable to pick up at the end of the quarter and their cars were sold to someone else for Tesla to claim the sale for that quarter. Then those that missed out go to the back of the line and wait again for another car built for them.

End of Q1 numbers = deliveries by 11:59pm March 31. If your car is ready in Q1 But you can’t pick it up until Q2, chances are that car will be in somebody else’s driveway. My SA is telling me that if I get a delivery notification today and can’t take delivery in one of the three times they offer, Tesla won’t hold the car.