Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The day is finally here. In a few minutes I leave for my delivery appointment. Wish me luck for a clean paint job, no chipped glass, and no badly misaligned panels.

Happy to report that pickup was easy. Car was flawless as far as I could see. It took less than 30 minutes. Only problem we had was they forgot to attach the state safety inspection sticker. Had to head back to the store to get a sticker slapped on, but I live close and it gave me an excuse to drive a little more. No big deal.

Good luck to everyone here. May your wait be short, and your experience wonderful.

Last edited:
Picked it up! Have to say, the only issues I had were minor and easily correctable at a service appt.
Charge door not sitting flush (but looked at other cars and they were all in different levels of "flushness". Couple of weatherstripping needed a slight nudge, but that's about it. Body panels all look great. Paint seems ok too, but I will say the paint on the bumpers has a slight orange peel but when I looked at 2 other vehicles, they looked the same. Just so you know, all models coming off the line come with the older v2019.35.108 software. Searched the forums and looks like new cars come that way and takes a good week or more to update.

Last edited:
Ordered 1/29, SR+ MSM, black, 19”, No FSD
1/30: welcome text
2/6: 2-6 weeks text
2/13: 2-5 weeks text
2/19: email from SA saying expect delivery by end of month
3/2 email from SA saying expect VIN by weekend
3/6 email from SA saying delivery predicted “next week”
3/9 1-2 weeks text; VIN in source as of 4:50pm

I ordered Feb 29th and received the same text as you today.
I ordered on 2/28, SR+, Silver/Black, 18s, no FSD... just got the "2 - 3 weeks" text today. Hoping it's not later than that since I have to return my current lease within two weeks. Anyone else awaiting delivery in Southern California in this timeframe? Any chance delivery will be sooner??

Btw, my first post on this forum - I love the enthusiasm here! It makes the wait just a bit more bearable.