Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most of those people ordered white Model 3 cars. Just a mix between white or black interior, but they're mostly all white cars.

I've seen a single red, blue, or gray delivery pop-up here & there, but those were orders from January. I've yet to see anyone who ordered in Feb receive any other color than white or black right now.

Unless she's lying, she had the one-week turnaround with the same build I ordered, and in LA as well - hoping to have the same experience haha But we'll see!
Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 5.14.50 PM.png

Right now Tesla's website shows 1-2 weeks for delivery as of today (3/17) for California deliveries.

Between that news and seeing that the Tesla Fremont factory is still open as an "essential business" for Alameda County, that gives me some hope that I'll still see my car fairly soon.

Even if my delivery is in early April instead of this month, I'll still be happy with that.

• Helpful
Reactions: 12ed5ive
Hey everyone stopping by to share my experience. I ordered my M3 on Feb 25 all white in and out. On March 9 I got txt say it will be 2-3 weeks more. And yesterday March 17 my VIN was in the source and today got a call that they will deliver on Saturday at 10am. Can’t we for Saturday now. I create to my YouTube channel to share my experience live please do subscribe.
TESLIANS
Thanks you.

Reactions: 12ed5ive
wanted to post this here as it may lend a different perspective...

For what its worth, I got a text out of the blue from a rep (last text was on march 9 about the 2-3 date) just a half an hour ago who states my car is set to leave fremont on the 20th and i should get my ride "shortly thereafter". the rep also stated that they managed a lot of deliveries yesterday and all things are smooth.

im in LA - ordered feb 7th model 3 fully loaded with everything black on black.

• Informative
Reactions: SDM44 and 12ed5ive
wanted to post this here as it may lend a different perspective...

For what its worth, I got a text out of the blue from a rep (last text was on march 9 about the 2-3 date) just a half an hour ago who states my car is set to leave fremont on the 20th and i should get my ride "shortly thereafter". the rep also stated that they managed a lot of deliveries yesterday and all things are smooth.

im in LA - ordered feb 7th model 3 fully loaded with everything black on black.
Great - thanks for sharing your experience. Please keep us posted. Are you picking up at Marina Del Rey?

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Wish I could just edit my previous posts instead of adding new ones, but the news with the Fremont factory is constantly changing.

As of today (3/18), Tesla is supposedly still keeping it's factory doors open, possibly against the Alameda County Sheriff's order, and witnesses say people are going in today to work. My hopes are back up again for a possible March delivery. Lol.

https://electrek.co/2020/03/18/tesla-fremont-factory-operating-despite-sheriffs-order/

Interesting - are you in the Bay Area? Fingers crossed for you receiving your VIN soon. Looking in the spreadsheet, some lucky owners in my area (LA) got delivery less than a week after configuration/order date!

Yup I'm Bay Area... sad part, despite potential delays with factory and even the status of delivery center, is that there are multiple versions of my car in inventory, but they have white seats and I want black... oh well. The wait for a VIN continues.

My SA here in Corte Madera (Marin County) says that Tesla will NOT shut down their factory despite the Alameda County Sheriff. He says I am still on track for getting the car by the end of the month.

I think someone mentioned that people in the Bay Area receive cars last. That makes sense. If you want to maximize the number of cars per quarter, you'd want to ship to customers the furthest away first and then cram as many cars as possible to the locals on the last two days of the month. By that logic, those are the days to expect delivery in the Bay Area.

My SA here in Corte Madera (Marin County) says that Tesla will NOT shut down their factory despite the Alameda County Sheriff. He says I am still on track for getting the car by the end of the month.
Yup, just saw the latest news where the Fremont factory will remain open but with only 1/4 the workers onsite.

Tesla Fremont factory will operate with 1/4 of workforce after negotiation with Sheriff's Office - Electrek

Remember all, inventory does not mean the car is ready at the store. Many inventory vehicles are in transit or even in production.
I noticed this today as I saw my exact spec but in SR+ available for a few minutes at a nearby SC, along with a white & black Model 3 with same spec. Ironically, they also didn't say "less than 50 miles" on them, while the others that were (and still are) available all show the exact mileage on them.

By the time I tried to just buy it and clicked the Buy Now button on the New Inventory list, those cars were all gone.

Hi everyone,
I'm new here. Wanted to thank all of you for sharing so much info, it really helps while waiting!

Question - does anyone know if there is a connection between the color of the car you've ordered, your state/region and the waiting time?
I'm in SoCal and ordered SR+ black/black, 19', AP, and looking at the spreadsheet can see three warning signs: there are very few black exteriors ordered in SoCal; there are orders with VIN showed or even delivered already after the date I've ordered and they are mostly white exteriors; there are unfulfilled orders with black exteriors from January :eek:
Is the production split in batches by color?

Ordered Feb.25th
Text 2-3 weeks wait Mar.9th
No VIN

Thoughts?

Hi everyone,

Question - does anyone know if there is a connection between the color of the car you've ordered, your state/region and the waiting time?

Ordered Feb.25th
No VIN

Thoughts?

It is plausible, I guess. I would imagine that the highest volume is for white/white SR+ -> so those would be produced in higher quantities.

I ordered mine on March 3 here in the Bay Area and got a text saying 1-3 weeks on March 9 for my white/white SR+. The next text was on March 17 advising about express pickups with minimal orientation when the car is delivered.

As I stated earlier, I believe all Bay Area cars will be delivered on March 30-31. Deliveries further away, (LA in your case) may arrive sooner to ensure delivery before EOQ. Since you are black/black, my guess would be that you will receive yours at the tail end of that.

Hi everyone,
I'm new here. Wanted to thank all of you for sharing so much info, it really helps while waiting!

I'm in SoCal and ordered SR+ black/black, 19', AP, and looking at the spreadsheet can see three warning signs: there are very few black exteriors ordered in SoCal; there are orders with VIN showed or even delivered already after the date I've ordered and they are mostly white exteriors; there are unfulfilled orders with black exteriors from January :eek:
Is the production split in batches by color?

Ordered Feb.25th
No VIN

Thoughts?
i completed all formalities on 6th Feb - SR+ Black Ext and Black Int 19' -- no delivery no Vin no information till date .... Welcome to the group