Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try calling them most if the information i got by calling them...but looks like next week they will deliver most of the Seattle area...the SA was sounding very confident.... fingers crossed...else nothing before 11th April as they will shut down the factory from next week...

If you order anything with white interior you won't get it until around May is what I was told... I'm also in Seattle area

Found today my configuration available in inventory in Costa Mesa, talked to SA and it will be delivered on Sunday. Feels like I jumped onto a leaving train.
All Tesla representatives have been really helpful in the past couple of days, but I called and spoke with them on the phone - much more efficient than email.

Reactions: 12ed5ive
Found today my configuration available in inventory in Costa Mesa, talked to SA and it will be delivered on Sunday. Feels like I jumped onto a leaving train.
All Tesla representatives have been really helpful in the past couple of days, but I called and spoke with them on the phone - much more efficient than email.
Awesome!
Good to know they’re still answering the phones - I tried calling my delivery center earlier and couldn’t get anyone to pick up. Will try again tomorrow.

Reactions: lUtriaNt and CareyP
Just got my VIN tonight! Woohoo! I could really use a fun distraction this week!! :p Sounds like I'm getting one of the last ones out of the factory...

Ordered - 2/16
2-6 week notification text - 2/24
1-2 week notification text - 3/9
Touchless delivery advisory text - 3/17
VIN in source - 3/21
Car Ready text - TBD
Expected delivery - TBD

SR+, MSM, Black Seats, 19" wheels, no FSD
SF Bay Area

Just got my VIN tonight! Woohoo! I could really use a fun distraction this week!! :p Sounds like I'm getting one of the last ones out of the factory...

Ordered - 2/16
VIN in source - 3/21
Car Ready text - TBD
Expected delivery - TBD

SF Bay Area
Nice; congrats!
Waiting on that same build down here in SoCal. Hoping there’s a few left coming out of the factory!

Picked up my car yesterday - simply in love! Process took a bit long as the loan rate on the paperwork was not the same as what was on my account online so that took a while to adjust. Then the car wasn't onsite as it was still en route from another location - once it arrived, the inspection went smooth, nothing wrong with the car (thank god!). In total about 2 hours and given all that is COVID and Social Distancing, it was a good experience.

I shall call her Kim :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200321_162048.jpg
    IMG_20200321_162048.jpg
    838.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20200321_162910.jpg
    IMG_20200321_162910.jpg
    503 KB · Views: 61
Quick update...got VIN yesterday and they sent delivery text and called shortly after asking if I wanted to have the car delivered to the house today! Great surprise!!

Ordered - 2/16
VIN in source - 3/21
Car Ready text - 3/22
Expected delivery - 3/22

SF Bay Area

Reactions: 12ed5ive
For what it’s worth, I ordered a SR+ in Blue with Black Interior & 18” wheels on 2/28. I got the VIN on 3/2 & have my delivery scheduled for 3/14. It’s delivering to TX. I guess it can be really quick sometimes!

Turns out that there was a little delay in my delivery. Apparently, my car was one of the first to start it’s journey on a train to Arkansas, then finish via truck to Houston. Anyway, it was ready for delivery on Wed, but I was busy, so picked it up yesterday - 3/21.

What a fun car! Added this as my daily for a ~70mi. per day work commute. It took ~20 min of driving to calibrate the cameras and sensors, but after that the Autopilot has worked great - I’ve already put 142 miles on it.

My other car is a BMW X3M Competition, and I was a little nervous that this would feel slow & boring, as I just ordered with no test drive. Quite the opposite actually. It feels very quick and dynamic, while being more comfortable and relaxing. Very happy with my choice!

If only all my accessories would hurry up and arrive. I got the Wall Charger delivered and installed, which I ordered a few days after the main batch bc it was on back order. Now, I just need my floor and trunk mats, wireless charging tray, outdoor cover & Homelink to hurry on up and get here!!

2745FF5A-EB0B-4B9F-89CD-2629226476E9.jpeg
E696C004-FE94-43DB-BE53-036107112030.jpeg

I called the the delivery center where I will eventually take delivery at, this morning (3/20) just after 10am to speak to somebody in sales. I asked if they could check their inventory for any cars matching the specs I ordered. The guy was nice and told me what was available - the same cars that I could already look up and see on the New Inventory list on Tesla's website.

He then asked for my order number and put me on hold while he looked into. About a minute later, he came back saying it looks like my car is scheduled to be built this weekend before the factory shutdown, and that I should see a VIN in about 48 hours or by early next week. I'm not holding my breath for that, but I'm staying hopeful to see that happen. If I don't see a VIN by next Tuesday, then I'll continue to search local inventory for a Model 3 spec that I'm willing to buy, so I can buy it before the end of the month.

Well that never happened. Still no VIN, and most likely won't see one until April now.

And to add insult to injury, there's 3 different brand new MSM cars available at service centers nearby me that's almost exactly what I'm looking for, but just off by 1 thing on each (one has white interior, one has 18" aero's, and one matches perfectly but is LR)

Does anybody know if a SC would be willing to swap wheels on a car and adjust the price accordingly?

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Well that never happened. Still no VIN, and most likely won't see one until April now.

And to add insult to injury, there's 3 different brand new MSM cars available at service centers nearby me that's almost exactly what I'm looking for, but just off by 1 thing on each (one has white interior, one has 18" aero's, and one matches perfectly but is LR)

Does anybody know if a SC would be willing to swap wheels on a car and adjust the price accordingly?
I am exactly in same situation as yours...
Here is what feedback i got " We are still receiving a lot of cars and should for the next week so I hope we will get on matched as soon as possible. if not we will review our options again and move accordingly. "
So may be they are open for doing adjustments...i ordered black interior and exterior

hey @SDM44 ,

that MSM black interior with 3 miles at costa mesa? :p yeah im looking at that too. i have a black/black m3 with all options including fsd on order but service rep has been mia for a day now. i was thinking of getting that MSM and adding FSD at checkout, but would like to have my black/black...

what @want2burs2000 states is a good sign and maybe just maybe my car is also floating around somewhere..

hey @SDM44 ,

that MSM black interior with 3 miles at costa mesa? :p yeah im looking at that too. i have a black/black m3 with all options including fsd on order but service rep has been mia for a day now. i was thinking of getting that MSM and adding FSD at checkout, but would like to have my black/black...
The only MSM I'm seeing at Costa Mesa is a LR w/ black interior and 18" aero wheels.

The MSM cars I was looking at were in Buena Park and Marina Del Rey. They were MSM SR+ w/ black interior, but had 18" aero wheels. Unfortunately both places said they can't swap out the wheels and adjust the price, and that they must sell it in its current configuration. There's a MSM w/ black interior and 19" sport wheels, but it's LR model located at Buena Park and Santa Barbara.

I'm looking for a SR+ spec like what's in my sig (MSM, black interior, 19" sport wheels), but I'm only seeing ones with 18" aero wheels, or if it has 19" wheels then it has white interior.

• Informative
From the above post, when I spoke to the delivery center where my car is scheduled to be delivered at, the person on the phone asked for my RN number so he could look up my order. Like the other guy I spoke to last week, he seemed really confident that my car would most likely arrive later this week and I should probably see a VIN on Thursday or Friday.

Not holding my breath for that, but I'll stay optimistic and continue checking for it every day, along with checking on current new inventory from Tesla's website (more like every hour as what I've been doing for both).

QUESTION about VIN assignments. Are VIN's usually assigned once the car is built at the factory? Or do the delivery centers assign VIN's to owners' accounts, once they've confirmed that the car is either en-route to them, or has been delivered to them?

QUESTION about VIN assignments. Are VIN's usually assigned once the car is built at the factory? Or do the delivery centers assign VIN's to owners' accounts, once they've confirmed that the car is either en-route to them, or has been delivered to them?

this is EXACTLY what I want to know too. I am also hopeful I will still get my VIN--but am also checking out current inventory. I will admit the MSM is growing on me but ive had black cars for decades (excluding my Yugo and 2001 passat :p ) , but cant deny the love of the MSM...

also, the msm I was looking at is not longer there. there IS an msn with white interior which i am not into and there are also some more cars to pop up. mind you I am only looking at performance awd long range, so not what you are after, but close.. :)