Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery went well last night. They were a little late since they had so many deliveries, and showed up at 8:30pm. No problem since I had some good flood lighting to examine the entire car inside & out. To my surprise, the body lines & paint were perfect, along with uniform gaps everywhere. The only thing I noticed was a fate discoloration on the passenger front seat pan, but that easily wiped away with some baby wipes.

I didn't get a chance to do anything last night as my kids were all over it inside & out, but I did put the floor mats in and took it for a spin around the block. FYI, I'm using 2017-2019 carpeted floor mats from Amazon that were $65 shipped, and the rear fits perfectly. I also threw on some performance pedals and a dead pedal. The dead pedal had an adhesive backing to stick onto the factory plastic dead pedal, but since the 2020 Model 3's don't come with a dead pedal and it's just carpet there. I put on adhesive industrial strength loop velcro on the back of the dead pedal and stuck it onto the carpet. It's in there rock solid and looks good, and fits perfectly with the floor mats.

I'll take some pictures later as I currently have some painters tape on the CF performance wing right now compressing it onto the trunk. I'll also put on my console wrap and everything else later. For now, here's a quick pic of the 2020 Model 3 driver side area with 2017-19 floor mats and performance style dead pedal that's stuck onto the carpet dead pedal area, to see that it works out just fine.

Pedals-Floor-Mat.jpg

Some additional pics, as it'll probably be my last post in this thread since I've now "graduated" from it :D

Thanks for all the help, suggestions, and info in here. And good luck to those still waiting on their delivery dates.

Taking the car in tomorrow to get PPF, ceramic coated, tinted, chrome delete, and CF dashboard wrap. Then picking up some 20" Sport wheels & tires on Friday. After I get the car back, Eibach springs and Hannshow power lift gate install.

Car-1.jpg

Spoiler-1.jpg

Mats-1.jpg

Console.jpg

Some additional pics, as it'll probably be my last post in this thread since I've now "graduated" from it :D

Thanks for all the help, suggestions, and info in here. And good luck to those still waiting on their delivery dates.

Taking the car in tomorrow to get PPF, ceramic coated, tinted, chrome delete, and CF dashboard wrap. Then picking up some 20" Sport wheels & tires on Friday. After I get the car back, Eibach springs and Hannshow power lift gate install.

Car-1.jpg

Spoiler-1.jpg

Mats-1.jpg

Console.jpg
I will eventually put that carbon fiber wrap on the center console once the piano black doesn't look good anymore.

Car-1.jpg

Spoiler-1.jpg

Mats-1.jpg

Console.jpg
Looks awesome, man. Congrats! You’ve inspired me to get those performance pedals also. Can I ask where you’re getting your wheels from (I’m in LA area as well)? I was holding out for the 19s too, but maybe I’ll go the route you did and just get the Aeros and have them switched out. Thank you and congratulations again!

So here is my timeline of sorts:

2/17 : placed order
2/24: text 3-6 weeks for order after saying 3-5 the week before.
3/9: text your model 3 to be built in the next 10 days
3/22: text: your model 3 is on the way, set delivery, set delivery for 3/26.
3/26: picked up model 3 which had a scrape on the lower front passenger side bumper.

Attachments

• IMG_20200326_093806_MP_compress75.jpg
    IMG_20200326_093806_MP_compress75.jpg
    660.3 KB · Views: 172
I ordered my SR+ white on black on 7/21 and was quoted 4-8 weeks...just got a text on 8/6 saying "we currently expect your model 3 to be ready for delivery 5-8 weeks from today. After waiting 2-3 weeks it kind of sucks but what can you do...still excited though! (Cincinnati, Ohio).

Hey neighbour! Oakville, ON order here. I ordered on July 21st a white SR+. Hoping for early September, but feel confident that it will arrive by end of September at the latest (end of quarter push).

i ordered on July 6th, 2020...SR+ white with black interior and 19inch rims...they mentioned production date is week of August 7th (today) so fingers crossed...will let you guys know so you guys can get an estimate...I’m also Oakville Ontario for delivery

Reactions: tche93
i ordered on July 6th, 2020...SR+ white with black interior and 19inch rims...they mentioned production date is week of August 7th (today) so fingers crossed...will let you guys know so you guys can get an estimate...I’m also Oakville Ontario for delivery

This is great information! I haven’t heard anything about dates of production weeks so this is much appreciated. Ordered 7/03 in Calgary. No news yet.

Reactions: tche93
I ordered my SR+ white on black on 7/21 and was quoted 4-8 weeks...just got a text on 8/6 saying "we currently expect your model 3 to be ready for delivery 5-8 weeks from today. After waiting 2-3 weeks it kind of sucks but what can you do...still excited though! (Cincinnati, Ohio).

I guess yesterday was Telsa text day. Order my M3 SR+ on 07/19. Initial estimate at the time of purchase was 4-8 weeks, yesterday received the following "Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model 3 to be ready for delivery 5 - 8 weeks from today". Hoping that's worst case ;)

I guess yesterday was Telsa text day. Order my M3 SR+ on 07/19. Initial estimate at the time of purchase was 4-8 weeks, yesterday received the following "Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model 3 to be ready for delivery 5 - 8 weeks from today". Hoping that's worst case ;)
Yeah reading the replies it did look like yesterday was a mass reckoning of texts...if it's anytime before September I'll be ecstatic...checking my order page obsessively is starting to wear on me lol. I also was curious that since it was automated and they said that the date can move in either direction maybe they're just covering bases and some of us will still be on that 4-8, wishful thinking.

i just uploaded my insurance and am now getting the following message

"We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment."

how long does it usually take from here?

ordered 7/27 SR+ white

Hi. I ordered a Red M3 with 19” sport rims on 07/23. Got a text yesterday saying it will be 5 to 8 weeks from that date. Is that normal? Ruined my day lol. My client advisor thinks it will be first week of September. I’m an existing i3 owner which my wife is taking. Fossil fuel free house soon!!