Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's really annoying. I called my SA to ask about it and every single one has a white interior,which I don't want. I don't understand why there is extra inventory being made when so many ppl are still waiting on cars they ordered?? ‍♀️

Tesla builds cars in batches. Perhaps they received a lot of white seats, so they used all of those seats to build inventory cars. That way Tesla will not have "inventory work in progress" on the accounting books at the end of the quarter. Most likely they will sell all of these inventory cars by year end. Testa is all about those quarterly results.

Or it could be that several preordered these cars (for $100) and then could not complete the deal. Lack of financing, credit or just a change of mind or circumstances.

Mine does too. It's really annoying. I called my SA to ask about it and every single one has a white interior,which I don't want. I don't understand why there is extra inventory being made when so many ppl are still waiting on cars they ordered?? ‍♀️

Fremont builds car configurations in batches, meaning they build a bunch of Black Performance Models and then a batch of Red LR, or whatever they determine is their priority and then send them all to the Central and East Coast delivery centers.

Fremont doesn't build based off orders, they build configurations in batches regardless of what/when a customer has ordered and they send the batch of cars across all delivery centers to the Central/East coast.

Fremont builds car configurations in batches, meaning they build a bunch of Black Performance Models and then a batch of Red LR, or whatever they determine is their priority and then send them all to the Central and East Coast delivery centers.

Fremont doesn't build based off orders, they build configurations in batches regardless of what/when a customer has ordered and they send the batch of cars across all delivery centers to the Central/East coast.
Ahh. Makes sense! Thanks !!

Hi all, I'm looking for some advice on how best to time my M3 order. I am unable to take delivery this year, but am ideally looking to get car the first or second week in January. My concern with ordering right now is that it will be ready too early (2-4 wks) and I won't be able to pick it up, I'm not sure how flexible Tesla will be in scheduling. I've heard that Tesla focuses on making exported M3's at the beginning of the quarter and US M3's at the end. My concern with waiting another couple weeks is that they will be finish building the current batch of cars for the US that are to be delivered by end of the year and push delivery dates out back to the 5-8 wks we saw earlier in the quarter. Anyone have insight or experience trying to take delivery at the beginning of a quarter?

Hi all, I'm looking for some advice on how best to time my M3 order. I am unable to take delivery this year, but am ideally looking to get car the first or second week in January. My concern with ordering right now is that it will be ready too early (2-4 wks) and I won't be able to pick it up, I'm not sure how flexible Tesla will be in scheduling. I've heard that Tesla focuses on making exported M3's at the beginning of the quarter and US M3's at the end. My concern with waiting another couple weeks is that they will be finish building the current batch of cars for the US that are to be delivered by end of the year and push delivery dates out back to the 5-8 wks we saw earlier in the quarter. Anyone have insight or experience trying to take delivery at the beginning of a quarter?
I would get your order in today. You can easily set up your delivery day to your convenience. You are correct that the export orders are handled first. As a matter of fact - US orders are treated like 2nd class citizens until the last few weeks of the quarter.

So if you don't order now I would guess you're looking at March delivery.

I would get your order in today. You can easily set up your delivery day to your convenience. You are correct that the export orders are handled first. As a matter of fact - US orders are treated like 2nd class citizens until the last few weeks of the quarter.

So if you don't order now I would guess you're looking at March delivery.
Thanks for the response. I just placed my order, delivery est. Dec 21-31 as expected. But I'll reach out to them and hopefully they'll be flexible and I can schedule pickup for early January.

South NJ here and first time posting!
We've ordered our SR+ White/Black 18" on 11/28. Assigned VIN this morning (account page).
Called in to check my delivery date. SA told me that my batch just came out from the factory and expect the date to be around 12/21.

Just wanted to share with some folks who are anxious (like me) to get our toys ASAP.

South NJ here and first time posting!
We've ordered our SR+ White/Black 18" on 11/28. Assigned VIN this morning (account page).
Called in to check my delivery date. SA told me that my batch just came out from the factory and expect the date to be around 12/21.

Just wanted to share with some folks who are anxious (like me) to get our toys ASAP.

Interesting. Ordered same configuration on 11/25, always had delivery estimate of Dec. 23-31, but I'm in CA so I guess not part of your batch as I have no VIN. I guess it's not surprising if as they say priority goes to faraway places to book the sale and they have more time left to build and deliver in CA.

Does it
Interesting. Ordered same configuration on 11/25, always had delivery estimate of Dec. 23-31, but I'm in CA so I guess not part of your batch as I have no VIN. I guess it's not surprising if as they say priority goes to faraway places to book the sale and they have more time left to build and deliver in CA.

Same. At this point I am thinking of cancelling my Tesla order. Ordered 2 months ago. No proper response from SA and horrible communication from Tesla. Seems like I have to wait another 1 month for delivery which I am not ready to do.

Reactions: inspace2020
Ordered on 9/26.. Turned down a '20 in inventory to wait on a refresh. My SA told me back then I wouldn't be getting the car till mid Dec. as they focus on exports first then US deliveries in the final month of the quarter. I finally got my vin today. Delivery window is the 15th-21st.. Orders are going to start coming fast for everyone as they will want to close orders out by end of the year..

Reactions: MikeC
My family member cancelled their M3 order a couple weeks ago due to the continual delivery push-back. A September order with an estimated 4 week wait turned into a "you'll get an update when we give it to you" kind of situation. Even more frustrating since they live on the Central Coast. Just another Californian put at the end of the line.

They got frustrated - did some cross-shopping -- and ended up with a Leaf with the 220 mile range and the nicer upgraded leather interior.
Sticker was 45K - but with all of the discounts + the Federal Credit + CA rebate - they got their nice little sedan for about 31K.

Hate to break it to everyone - but I've driven it - and it's a very pleasant ride. Not Tesla quick, but totally fun to pilot. Fit and finish perfect IMHO.

Scenarios like this have to be occurring more frequently these days...

Reactions: inspace2020
My family member cancelled their M3 order a couple weeks ago due to the continual delivery push-back. A September order with an estimated 4 week wait turned into a "you'll get an update when we give it to you" kind of situation. Even more frustrating since they live on the Central Coast. Just another Californian put at the end of the line.

They got frustrated - did some cross-shopping -- and ended up with a Leaf with the 220 mile range and the nicer upgraded leather interior.
Sticker was 45K - but with all of the discounts + the Federal Credit + CA rebate - they got their nice little sedan for about 31K.

Hate to break it to everyone - but I've driven it - and it's a very pleasant ride. Not Tesla quick, but totally fun to pilot. Fit and finish perfect IMHO.

Totaly understandable why they would do that. Imagine having to wait 3 months for your car and nobody gives a prope response or update as to when you will get your car. Some people have to put many of their plans and activities on hold because TESLA doesnot deliver or communicate about the car we paid for.

i

I had to spend more than 600 dollars last month to rent a car because I dont have a car at the moment. Sold my car as per the Tesla edstimated time of delivery and now I dont have a car.

i

I had to spend more than 600 dollars last month to rent a car because I dont have a car at the moment. Sold my car as per the Tesla edstimated time of delivery and now I dont have a car.
Yep - same story here for my nephew. He got tired of giving Hertz $150 a week for the pleasure of waiting on his Tesla.

What Elon should do - if he didn't have his mind on 14 other businesses - is rent out some of his used inventory specifically (and solely) to those who have active orders in the queue. Plenty of folks would happily pay out $600 a month to rent a Tesla while waiting for the "birth" of their own Tesla.

Reactions: ftmaybe