Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok I’m so confused! At the Tesla website and what I was told.

so initially it said:
5-7 weeks delivery from order date (on 11/16)
Then it said 12/15-12/31
Then it switched to 12/21-12/31
Then back to 5-7 weeks delivery
Then 12/12-12/24 (with updates ticking off the days as each one passed)
I called a SA yesterday (12/13) and he told me it would be available on 12/16 for pick up
Then today website says 5-7 weeks... wtf lol

what should I believe? since I don’t have the VIN # or asking for additional confirmation of delivery yet (and we’re at 72 hours before potential delivery). I’m so confused

Ok, so I just did had a follow-up call with the SA to understand my situation with multiple estimates and website change, since I was told that my car would be delivered on 12/16 (in two days). So my SA told me that my new target date is 12/21 for the car to roll off the assembly line and be inspected. It would then be delivered to the Colma, CA delivery center on 12/21 or 12/22 (for a pick-up shortly thereafter). The time between assembly line roll-off and delivery is short because the Fremont factory is about 1 hour away from the delivery center. My conclusion here is they are running behind in terms of production and this is causing the bottleneck when delivery is happening. The thing to keep in mind is there are actually two dates, one of which is the projected factory-made and inspection date (this is more of a floating date which is highly dependent on productivity at the Fremont factory), and then there is the actual delivery date which is highly dependent on your geographic location and when the car makes it onto the delivery truck. Hope this clarifies the actual production situation with Tesla.

Was so close! Today was my delivery day. They called me Sunday to tell me the vehicle has not arrived and would keep me posted. Today they tell me truck is 10min away at 9am. My pickup time was 5pm. Called me at 3pm to tell me the truck broke down 10min from Dealership!!!!!!!!! Will call me to reschedule.

Was so close! Today was my delivery day. They called me Sunday to tell me the vehicle has not arrived and would keep me posted. Today they tell me truck is 10min away at 9am. My pickup time was 5pm. Called me at 3pm to tell me the truck broke down 10min from Dealership!!!!!!!!! Will call me to reschedule.
Omg that has to be so frustrating! I still haven’t gotten any info on linking my account for the down payment. I’ll be livid if I can’t pickup tomorrow morning!

Was scheduled for pickup today as well BUT, before leaving home (literally minutes away) my SA called me to tell me the car has ''issues'' and wont be ready before this weekend now.

When asked what the ''issues'' were, he says ''I dont have that type of info but I can see that you have some ''work orders'' still open for your car''

Now im worried about not being able to collect the car because of a new lockdown the Government will announce tomorrow.

Can anyone chime in on how the process was during the first lockdown or the current one in your areas and if i'll even be able to collect this weekend at all?

Was scheduled for pickup today as well BUT, before leaving home (literally minutes away) my SA called me to tell me the car has ''issues'' and wont be ready before this weekend now.

When asked what the ''issues'' were, he says ''I dont have that type of info but I can see that you have some ''work orders'' still open for your car''

Now im worried about not being able to collect the car because of a new lockdown the Government will announce tomorrow.

Can anyone chime in on how the process was during the first lockdown or the current one in your areas and if i'll even be able to collect this weekend at all?

Here is my take on what's going on. I was told I would be delivered on 12/16 (in two days). Here is what I asked the SA about.

"Ok, so I just did had a follow-up call with the SA to understand my situation with multiple estimates and website change, since I was told that my car would be delivered on 12/16 (in two days). So my SA told me that my new target date is 12/21 for the car to roll off the assembly line and be inspected. It would then be delivered to the Colma, CA delivery center on 12/21 or 12/22 (for a pick-up shortly thereafter). The time between assembly line roll-off and delivery is short because the Fremont factory is about 1 hour away from the delivery center. My conclusion here is they are running behind in terms of production and this is causing the bottleneck when delivery is happening. The thing to keep in mind is there are actually two dates, one of which is the projected factory-made and inspection date (this is more of a floating date which is highly dependent on productivity at the Fremont factory), and then there is the actual delivery date which is highly dependent on your geographic location and when the car makes it onto the delivery truck. Hope this clarifies the actual production situation with Tesla."

Hey guys, I got my car yesterday, a quick question for anyone who might have recently taken the delivery of SR+, what is the total range shown at 100% battery? I though as advertised is 263 I should get somewhat close to it correct? Mine shows only 253. Any thoughts?

Here is my take on what's going on. I was told I would be delivered on 12/16 (in two days). Here is what I asked the SA about.

"Ok, so I just did had a follow-up call with the SA to understand my situation with multiple estimates and website change, since I was told that my car would be delivered on 12/16 (in two days). So my SA told me that my new target date is 12/21 for the car to roll off the assembly line and be inspected. It would then be delivered to the Colma, CA delivery center on 12/21 or 12/22 (for a pick-up shortly thereafter). The time between assembly line roll-off and delivery is short because the Fremont factory is about 1 hour away from the delivery center. My conclusion here is they are running behind in terms of production and this is causing the bottleneck when delivery is happening. The thing to keep in mind is there are actually two dates, one of which is the projected factory-made and inspection date (this is more of a floating date which is highly dependent on productivity at the Fremont factory), and then there is the actual delivery date which is highly dependent on your geographic location and when the car makes it onto the delivery truck. Hope this clarifies the actual production situation with Tesla."

you’re not wrong, however, my SA sent me a pic of my car. It landed at the dealer on the 12th. Not sure what happened afterwards

Hey guys, I got my car yesterday, a quick question for anyone who might have recently taken the delivery of SR+, what is the total range shown at 100% battery? I though as advertised is 263 I should get somewhat close to it correct? Mine shows only 253. Any thoughts?

There is manufacturing variation on battery capacity. Quite normal.

When I picked up my car (SR+) in September, it showed 220 miles (with a 90% charge). That works out to be 245 miles at 100% charge.