Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like some things are moving along. It’s nice some of y’all got VINs and dates. Overnight to this morning mine had gone from “4-6 weeks from order” to Dec 21-31. Sometime today it has updated to Dec 18-28...which is...odd considering today is the 18th! Either way a bit more hopeful for being a 2020 delivery!

White/Black/Aero ordered 11/25 in California.

Finally have taken delivery of my beauty earlier today!!! Socal folks STAY PATIENT, YOUR TIME IS COMING, once you get that VIN the turn around time to delivery is CRAZ Y fast (at least in my situation). I literally got VIN yesterday and took delivery a little over 24 hours after:D

Yes, the turnaround time was nuts and they gave me limited windows to pickup the car. Basically, it was this weekend at a certain hour, since they are delivering to my house.

Still no VIN after 3 months of waiting. Existing inventory is a total scam. Most of the M3s are not even built yet. Just trying to get people to sign up for the end of year rush. The delivery date is not what they say on the website. I thought that I was going to be able to pick one up today. So misleading. Just wasted $100. F$@!# Tesla. The company is getting too greedy. So MAD

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Lpfan2002
Still no VIN after 3 months of waiting. Existing inventory is a total scam. Most of the M3s are not even built yet. Just trying to get people to sign up for the end of year rush. The delivery date is not what they say on the website. I thought that I was going to be able to pick one up today. So misleading. Just wasted $100. F$@!# Tesla. The company is getting too greedy. So MAD
Credit card charge back for false advertising.

How was your pick up experience in Burbank? Did you pick up your vehicle at the actual Tesla service center? Was it contactless?
Hello, i picked it up at the mall parking lot that’s where they are doing the deliveries I have a video on my go pro but not sure if people were interested. It not contactless there people wiping the cars down and you have to check in with the people at the booth. Over all it was okay besides one lady working there saying why are people there looking at the cars why not get in and drive away. I was like that’s lame we have to check in case it’s a big defect you can reject it. Check your cars there a lot off pannels miss aligned

• Helpful
Reactions: Lpfan2002
So I finally saw a change in my account lol. After about a week (December 10th is when it originally showed up on my order page to be specific) of it showing "Estimated Delivery: 8-12 weeks from order placed date" it now says "Estimated Delivery: December 18 - December 31". Before December 10th it had absolutely nothing on my order page (like Kimmi is referring to above). Still no VIN though. So it seems like it's just going at very slow and small steps right now.

I'm in SoCal and ordered in June (always planned on taking delivery this month from the get go though).

Update: it changed to December 23 - December 31 this morning, and now it's December 19 - December 31 lol

Lookin at floor mats to order ahead of time, anyone know if 2020 mats will fit the same on a 2021 M3?

Another question: Seeing that new 2021 models have adaptive headlights, anyone know what VIN that upgrade starts at? Getting my SR+ next week and it only has a 854XXX vin due to purchasing from existing new inventory. Considering cancelling and re-ordering a newer one.

Last edited:
Lookin at floor mats to order ahead of time, anyone know if 2020 mats will fit the same on a 2021 M3?

Another question: Seeing that new 2021 models have adaptive headlights, anyone know what VIN that upgrade starts at? Getting my SR+ next week and it only has a 854XXX vin due to purchasing from existing new inventory. Considering cancelling and re-ordering a newer one.

You can go online and see videos of this the interior floor mats and truck floor mats are the same between the 2020 and 2021 models. However, the frunk is smaller on the 2021 model due to the added heat pump. Hope that helps in your decision making.

Just received a VIN this morning via email. 868XXX
White. M3 SR+. black interior. aero. standard auto.
Ordered: 11/19
Vin: 12/20
Pick up: Burbank, CA. Date: Unknown

My estimated delivery date changed to 12/26-12/31

Very interesting. Same configuration here in Los Angeles ordered 11/25, and overnight my estimate disappeared and now there’s no delivery estimate window... I wonder if they got tired of me refreshing every day though I like to think it’s because I might have a VIN and date soon

Very interesting. Same configuration here in Los Angeles ordered 11/25, and overnight my estimate disappeared and now there’s no delivery estimate window... I wonder if they got tired of me refreshing every day though I like to think it’s because I might have a VIN and date soon

Same and I ordered on Oct 28th.

But I don't understand, look here:
New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

If you go down there are 2021 Model 3's, even some with my exact configuration. I'm pretty sure if you call the Fremont Factory you can ask them to assign you a car. So I really don't know what Tesla is doing.

Same and I ordered on Oct 28th.

But I don't understand, look here:
New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

If you go down there are 2021 Model 3's, even some with my exact configuration. I'm pretty sure if you call the Fremont Factory you can ask them to assign you a car. So I really don't know what Tesla is doing.

This is crazy. There was one in San Diego before, but now there are 2 more in LA. They are the same as mine but with 19" wheels, which I don't really care to pay for, though strangely enough the prices listed on those are $39,490 while my Aero configuration is $39,290. For an extra $200 sure I'll take the 19's, I just tried though and I don't get anything when I click "Buy Now"...the page doesn't bring anything up, just the same list again. Same with "More Info".

I tried a new private browser window and then they don't come up at all....this is so odd!

I don't have an SA - if I wanted to switch my order and buy one of the in-stock vehicles, how do I do that? Click "Submit a Request"? I have had no communication from them, I did everything online and only got one automated message when I finished uploading my insurance card, that's it, nothing else after that...

EDIT: Not sure if it's just my browsers, but they're gone now...the white ones. So weird.

This is crazy. There was one in San Diego before, but now there are 2 more in LA. They are the same as mine but with 19" wheels, which I don't really care to pay for, though strangely enough the prices listed on those are $39,490 while my Aero configuration is $39,290. For an extra $200 sure I'll take the 19's, I just tried though and I don't get anything when I click "Buy Now"...the page doesn't bring anything up, just the same list again. Same with "More Info".

I tried a new private browser window and then they don't come up at all....this is so odd!

I don't have an SA - if I wanted to switch my order and buy one of the in-stock vehicles, how do I do that? Click "Submit a Request"? I have had no communication from them, I did everything online and only got one automated message when I finished uploading my insurance card, that's it, nothing else after that...

EDIT: Not sure if it's just my browsers, but they're gone now...the white ones. So weird.

These cars with less than 50 miles on them actually does not exist at all.