Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a delivery date set for the 27th.... my birthday, really hoping it doesn't get pushed back due to the weather around the country. I'm in new jersey and am picking up the vehicle, no trade in so are they giving me temporary plates? The site is kind of confusing and not clear on it. Also I got a loan directly through tesla with U.S. bank but have not filled out any extra paperwork after the inititial offer they sent, is that being done when I pick up the car? Sorry for all the questions but i've had a tough time getting in touch with my advisor in the last week.

Have a delivery date set for the 27th.... my birthday, really hoping it doesn't get pushed back due to the weather around the country. I'm in new jersey and am picking up the vehicle, no trade in so are they giving me temporary plates? The site is kind of confusing and not clear on it. Also I got a loan directly through tesla with U.S. bank but have not filled out any extra paperwork after the inititial offer they sent, is that being done when I pick up the car? Sorry for all the questions but i've had a tough time getting in touch with my advisor in the last week.
My first delivery date was 2/24, now it’s 2/27 and I doubt that will happen. Why is Tesla so bad at knowing the date? Even if snow got in the way, they should still know the date of arrival after being delayed.

Hey all! I posted this on another thread but thought I would post this here in the SR+ thread also. I just took delivery of my M3 SR+ DBM this weekend on the 20th. I’m posting to help out with this heated steering wheel mystery for the SR+ model 3. Like all of you I’m excited for the feature! My M3 does NOT show an option to turn on heated steering in the climate menu or in the phone app. (See below). I also purchased the upgrade for rear heated seats thinking maybe it would be unlocked with that no dice. That said, it’s still a possibility the SR+ Has the hardware and Tesla may enable it later in a future update or a paid upgrade. In the meantime I’m going to enjoy the heck out of this car it’s really amazing

Attachments

• 3EC746EA-C707-492C-AEDD-FDFEA94F0BEF.jpeg
    3EC746EA-C707-492C-AEDD-FDFEA94F0BEF.jpeg
    545.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 5CBEBE64-3CE5-4252-AE22-38DAB5784799.jpeg
    5CBEBE64-3CE5-4252-AE22-38DAB5784799.jpeg
    804.1 KB · Views: 61
  • A75EBF20-AB66-4836-A535-739E963ABB62.jpeg
    A75EBF20-AB66-4836-A535-739E963ABB62.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 51
Hey all! I posted this on another thread but thought I would post this here in the SR+ thread also. I just took delivery of my M3 SR+ DBM this weekend on the 20th. I’m posting to help out with this heated steering wheel mystery for the SR+ model 3. Like all of you I’m excited for the feature! My M3 does NOT show an option to turn on heated steering in the climate menu or in the phone app. (See below). I also purchased the upgrade for rear heated seats thinking maybe it would be unlocked with that no dice. That said, it’s still a possibility the SR+ Has the hardware and Tesla may enable it later in a future update or a paid upgrade. In the meantime I’m going to enjoy the heck out of this car it’s really amazing
Nice to see someone in cali get their car already! When did you place your order and do you know what your cars born on date is?

Hey everyone! N00b here...

SR+ ordered Jan 31, 2021 in YVR. Black exterior and white interior!

Still no VIN, and no estimated delivery date.

Did you have a date at any point? I ordered SR+ in white with the base wheels and interior. It said between March 3rd and 31st for awhile but now it’s gone back to saying 4 to 8 weeks. The BC rebate funds are looking low so I’m getting a bit anxious.

Yes, the car will come with temporary plates, all paperwork you need to sign will be in the car. You make your 'final' payment (deposit or however much you're paying) online and the app will let you unlock your car so you can get inside and find the paperwork, which was laying on my dash. You sign and just give any of the staff the completed paperwork and you drive off, they mark off all the spots on the pages where to sign. At least that was my experience back in December at the Springfield store. The two keycards should also be in the center console as well.

Enjoy and congrats!!

Did you have a date at any point? I ordered SR+ in white with the base wheels and interior. It said between March 3rd and 31st for awhile but now it’s gone back to saying 4 to 8 weeks. The BC rebate funds are looking low so I’m getting a bit anxious.

I did have a date, but it was just an 'Estimated Date' . It said February 27 to March 27.

This is what my Tesla Advisor told me: "It is in fact normal for estimates to disappear from time to time as the factory re-evaluates production. We are still looking to deliver the Tesla before the end of March, which is ‘end of quarter’."

Yes, the car will come with temporary plates, all paperwork you need to sign will be in the car. You make your 'final' payment (deposit or however much you're paying) online and the app will let you unlock your car so you can get inside and find the paperwork, which was laying on my dash. You sign and just give any of the staff the completed paperwork and you drive off, they mark off all the spots on the pages where to sign. At least that was my experience back in December at the Springfield store. The two keycards should also be in the center console as well.

Enjoy and congrats!!

Appreciate it! Already made the final payment online so now looks like everything I'll finalize during pickup. They pushed back my date from Feb 27th to March 2nd, picking up in Paramus, NJ SR+ white exterior and interior, no other changes. They automatically applied the 1k savings which was cool, didn't need to even ask. Really wanted it for my birthday but at this point it's just a couple days so I'm still very happy.

Reactions: bwbrs
Can I also ask when you got your VIN? Im hoping to get mine sometime this week if I'm lucky. I ordered on 1/29/21
got my VIN 2/14 my original delivery window was 3/5 - 3/28 but around two days before I got my vin my delivery window was jumping around to an early estimate then back to original estimate then back again to the earlier estimate 2/14-2/20 then my vin finally dropped. I ordered DBM/black/Areo.

Attachments

• IMG_6251.JPG
    IMG_6251.JPG
    526.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I did have a date, but it was just an 'Estimated Date' . It said February 27 to March 27.

This is what my Tesla Advisor told me: "It is in fact normal for estimates to disappear from time to time as the factory re-evaluates production. We are still looking to deliver the Tesla before the end of March, which is ‘end of quarter’."
Yeah, I’ve heard that they try and push everything out by the end of the quarter. Maybe it’s just me but I’d almost prefer it if they just said it will be 8 weeks and then it would be a pleasant surprise if it came early. Although, I’m on the island so having to scramble over to the mainland on short notice would kind of be a pain.

Im picking up my SR+ on 1/27. Supposedly it arrives 1/26 and I’m in Michigan so not sure if your delivery will be right.

Yeah, I’ve heard that they try and push everything out by the end of the quarter. Maybe it’s just me but I’d almost prefer it if they just said it will be 8 weeks and then it would be a pleasant surprise if it came early. Although, I’m on the island so having to scramble over to the mainland on short notice would kind of be a pain.

Here's to getting a call/email this weekend to confirm our VIN and delivery date. :)

Reactions: ENsaanich
Too bad u didn't get your downpayment ready. I ordered on Jan 9th and got the car on the 16th (it could've been ready on the 13th but I was busy). Used CVAP as well. SR+ is still very very fast, the instant response makes it feel faster than normal 294hp cars. You're gonna love it!

Hey @XPsionic,

How long did it take for you to get the CVAP grant after application?
I applied on Feb 10 and hoping I get it before the last week of March which is when they deliver cars to the Bay Area.
Buying a M3 SR+.

Thanks!

'Estimated Delivery' is back on my account page and there's a '-' underneath!