Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a text just now to schedule my delivery!

EDIT: ALSO GOT MY VIN!!! Got my VIN after scheduling my delivery!!

Screenshot_20210317-093256_Messages.jpg

Last edited:
Just got my M3 delivery a few days ago and I am on software 2020.47.103.1. Very old, pre holiday update. So I went to the service location near by and was very impressed by how fast they took the car in to look at it. They told me the reason I am on an old software version from last year is that the holiday update and newer updates all have mechanical issues, problems and bugs and that the newer model 3's are all coming with old software until they fix the issues and push new updates. - Dealer also just confirmed other cars are coming with the older software also. Anyone else having a similar issue with new model 3s? Mine is an SR+. I can not find much about this on the web if it is a real issue.

Just got my M3 delivery a few days ago and I am on software 2020.47.103.1. Very old, pre holiday update. So I went to the service location near by and was very impressed by how fast they took the car in to look at it. They told me the reason I am on an old software version from last year is that the holiday update and newer updates all have mechanical issues, problems and bugs and that the newer model 3's are all coming with old software until they fix the issues and push new updates. - Dealer also just confirmed other cars are coming with the older software also. Anyone else having a similar issue with new model 3s? Mine is an SR+. I can not find much about this on the web if it is a real issue.
As far as I know it can take up to a week or two before new cars get any updates.

I read about a similar issue in another thread somewhere. May have been in LR waiting room. Do try to get them to push an update to you, the other guy called everywhere and talked to everyone and they all said the same. Have to wait until next update. Also, the "the SW is buggy" line smells like some....

Got my M3 also today. Was a small bend in the moulding above the passenger side window. Part ordered and they will replace for free soon with a home repair. Was not happy that the firmware was v2020.47.x. Pre holiday update. No boom box etc. Have been told no one can push an update and I just have to wait till one day possibly in the next two weeks that the update will come. Not thrilled and I am pursuing it with service to try to make it happen it so far they said they can’t or won’t push the update. Contacted Tesla also who told me no dice. A little strange. I don’t expect the latest firmware maybe. But certainly not last years. Otherwise. Wow. What a car. So smooth. So slick. Fantastic amazing to drive. Love every second. Heh. What firmware have some of you been getting the cars with lately ? Btw I did get the new headlights which I am happy about. I don’t see a heated steering wheel in the setup but the guy told me the wheel looks different to him so it’s possible it will have it soon enough. Not a big deal either way. I just wanted the new headlights !
The older firmware on the new vehicles is normal. New owners generally receive the latest software update within two weeks of delivery.

Reactions: EarthshpTroopa
Got my M3 also today. Was a small bend in the moulding above the passenger side window. Part ordered and they will replace for free soon with a home repair. Was not happy that the firmware was v2020.47.x. Pre holiday update. No boom box etc. Have been told no one can push an update and I just have to wait till one day possibly in the next two weeks that the update will come. Not thrilled and I am pursuing it with service to try to make it happen it so far they said they can’t or won’t push the update. Contacted Tesla also who told me no dice. A little strange. I don’t expect the latest firmware maybe. But certainly not last years. Otherwise. Wow. What a car. So smooth. So slick. Fantastic amazing to drive. Love every second. Heh. What firmware have some of you been getting the cars with lately ? Btw I did get the new headlights which I am happy about. I don’t see a heated steering wheel in the setup but the guy told me the wheel looks different to him so it’s possible it will have it soon enough. Not a big deal either way. I just wanted the new headlights !
Update. I was surfing in the web in the car for about 10 minutes when the update popped up. So now I’m good to go!