Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered: April 3 2021 - Requested for an existing available inventory
Estimated Delivery: Was SUPPOSED to have been April 8 2021 (Now Estimated date June 02 - 22)
Model: SR+, Red, 19" Sport Wheels, AP
Excitement level: High/Mixed
Frustrated that the VIN that I specifically requested was unassigned due to me waiting on Tesla for my trade in valuation (more details in a thread I just posted). Now I will be like everyone else here and wait until they start delivering more to HI..... (not holding my breadth for awhile). At least I can be envious of my wife's Model Y SR until mine comes in.

Leaseplan placed my order yesterday, April 14, and Tesla immediately confirmed the order. Estimated delivery May 3-30, seems a bit optimistic when reading the latest comments here. Got in touch with a sales person at Tesla and I haven't been matched with a VIN. Latest posts today in the European section seems to point toward MIC LFP, was hoping for a NCA since they should weigh less. Q1 deliveries seem to have been NCA. Will probably be happy either way. This will be my second SR+.

Reactions: menaknow
  • Standard Range Plus Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Solid Black Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • Black and White Partial Premium Interior
  • Autopilot
May 29 - June 18

@Toronto

Ordered March 26, updated 27th

Update:​

Estimated Delivery: May 09 - May 29​

However spoke with my (really good) friend who's my service rep who still thinks early June and to ignore the updated date. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: menaknow
I wonder if it's just this particular location? Had a similar pre-delivery experience. Appointment got randomly changed to after midnight, and it was a forced home delivery. It was all very chaotic. No communication for the longest time, and then random calls early in the morning 48-24 hours before delivery. Very bizarre. Fortunately, the actual delivery was pretty good. They drove it up and I only found some very minor issues on that first day. No horror stories. Sorry you went through all that. However, my first service experience with Burbank was just really...underwhelming. They told me I had 100 miles to report anything I was "concerned about" so I really tried to scrutinize the vehicle and yep, there were some small fit and finish things.
  1. I had some scuffed black door trim
  2. One of the interior panels was sort of popped out
  3. There were some minor dirty spots on the interior
  4. There was a scratch on one of the windows
  5. There was some bulging window trim on the inside.
To be honest, I could have lived with most of these, but I went ahead and reported them anyway, since I never owned a Tesla before and wanted to familiarize myself with the service experience if anything major every comes up down the road. And what an experience it was lol. So I get to the service center, and the rep comes over and enters the VIN into a laptop. Then she confirms what my issues are and places tape all over the problem areas. Another rep comes over and snaps all these photos. I'm thinking wow, this is all so cool, and new, and streamlined. They have a process and it seems really efficient. So I ask her how long I should expect it to take, and she's says something to the effect of, "We tell all the customers sometime around 5:30 PM just to be safe." Mind you, my appointment is at 9 in the morning. So in my mind, I'm thinking, well, that's the closing time, so she probaly just has to say that to cover herself in case something comes up. I mean, given how minor my issues are, surely it won't take that long. Anyway she tells me they can give me a loaner if I need one, but they didn't have any Teslas (weird) so it would be a gas loaner. Well, I didn't have anywhere else to be, so I didn't take them up on the loaner and decided to just hang around Burbank for a while. I was thinking maybe I could browse IKEA a bit, and then have some lunch downtown, and they'll probably be done by then. But no. She was not kidding. It really did take nearly all day. At 3, they finally let me know that they didn't have the parts to fix the window, and that it'll have to be done by mobile service at a later date. I'm like okay, understandable, but why wasn't this known before I came to the appointment? Well, they were nice enough to schedule the mobile service at a time convenient for me, and said that the tech would fix any other issues they could before I can pick up the car. So then I go back to pick up the car, and...it didn't come back any worse, so that's good. However, all they did was replace the door trim and pop the interior panel back in. That's it. All day to do that. They didn't even bother to clean the dirty spots, or remove any of the blue masking tape they used for marking, leaving me wondering if I should keep the tape there for the mobile tech (probably not right?). I get it, they are swamped, but it really wasn't a great first impression. Now I'm worried about getting service at this location in the future if something serious does come up. I heard there is an Alhambra location opening in the future, and hopefully it's a service center. That would be much closer than Burbank, and hopefully the service will be better.
I neglected to mention I took mine to Rancho Cucamonga even through I live in Hollywood. So many Burbank horror stories and every other car in LA is a tesla so the volume is intense. Car is back, everything looks good, even got a $500 account credit from the manager for a deep detailing if I ever want it.

Mine disappeared on desktop view but viewing the site in mobile instill see a delivery date unchanged for May 30 - June 19.

Hopefully it's not a caching issue.

Guys, the estimate will change daily and won't be accurate until about a week before delivery in my experience. It's just going to drive you crazy :oops:

Totally agree with this though and have stopped viewing my account until May tbh.