Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a 14-50 outlet installed in March for my Model 3. Got three quotes. One of the three recommended an emergency disconnect box (between the service panel and 14-50 outlet). The emergency disconnect box houses a 50 amp GFCI breaker.

Here's a few pictures after the electrician was done: Installed my NEMA 14-50 yesterday

Yeah, my electrician also recommends a disconnect switch in the garage, next to the outlet. But it wasn't a breaker switch. Interesting. I wonder if that's an option, and if it would save me the cost of the separate disconnect switch.

I have another electrician coming this afternoon for a second quote. Well, third actually, but the first guy was an individual contractor... I felt like he was winging it.

Reactions: GiFer
I asked this question in a "Battery/Charging" related thread, but everyone there was too busy discussing charge capabilities and numbers :rolleyes: so no one answered...

Has anyone here already purchased or can recommend a home charger?

Is it best to go with the Tesla one? or did you go with a generic?
I went with the non Tesla charger NEMA 14-50 Install...was $400 to install in Garage

I asked this question in a "Battery/Charging" related thread, but everyone there was too busy discussing charge capabilities and numbers :rolleyes: so no one answered...

Has anyone here already purchased or can recommend a home charger?

Is it best to go with the Tesla one? or did you go with a generic?
I installed a Nema 15-40 and purchased the nema cord adapter. The super charger was an additional $500 for about the same 30 max miles of range per hour of charge. The supercharger is nice to have for aesthetic reasons but I don't feel its necessary.