Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it's post delivery so you should be good but it obviously depends on the bill actually passing. I also read that the additional $2,500 for built in USA vehicles is only for delivery after 12/31/21 however. Again, depends on the bill actually passing. I'm ok with postponing my delivery but not until next year lol.
Lol yeah I hear you. Rebates would be nice, but all I want right now is my car

I’m pretty sure the delivery date is the date your purchase is right now you are in a reservation state but have not purchased the vehicle which is why you can not apply for any post delivery rebates yet.

I'd have to agree 100% with this, IF.... even at a IF it goes through and that was the date your EDD/Official delivery when the money exchanges hands would be the date that the government would take. They wouldn't take the order date in that case because you don't have the car.

Reactions: Jay3
To add a data point if useful:
  • Ordered a base-everything M3 SR+ on 5/15 (I live in Seattle).
  • EDD started off 4-11 weeks (same as the main website estimate)
  • It moved around a lot, I didn't jot down the specifics, but generally the latter half of June or 4-11 weeks.
  • About 10 days ago the EDD disappeared for 3 days, it came back and had changed to the 2nd half of July. It stayed there until late last week.
  • Then the date range changed to June 10-16, Friday I got a VIN after accepting the TV notice, and Saturday I got a text to select a delivery time.
  • Looking forward to picking up on Thursday 6/10.
I know the thread is full of these recaps, and for many it's frustrating. Apologies if you're in the latter group. I'm posting on the chance others can find a pattern in the crazy.

• It moved around a lot, I didn't jot down the specifics, but generally the latter half of June or 4-11 weeks.
  • About 10 days ago the EDD disappeared for 3 days, it came back and had changed to the 2nd half of July. It stayed there until late last week.
  • Then the date range changed to June 10-16, Friday I got a VIN after accepting the TV notice, and Saturday I got a text to select a delivery time.
I know the thread is full of these recaps, and for many it's frustrating. Apologies if you're in the latter group. I'm posting on the chance others can find a pattern in the crazy.
haha, you're dates are exactly the same as mine. Ordered 5/15, and picking up 6/10, but I'm on the other coast. Still doesn't make sense with orders still from April not being delivered yet. I think it must have to do with allocations per area and/or demand.

seeing posts like this makes me sad....

Why must they neglect the central US for base-everything configs?!

Reactions: mdanieltech
seeing posts like this makes me sad....

Why must they neglect the central US for base-everything configs?!
You know it may just be transportation logistics issues. As if they only have one or 2 cars for the area, they may wait until they have the truck load to make the trip profitable. The transportation time and fees are probably the same for 1 car or 10 cars. 🤷‍♀️
Just trying to make sense of the craziness.. I feel so terrible for you! 🤦‍♀️

You know it may just be transportation logistics issues. As if they only have one or 2 cars for the area, they may wait until they have the truck load to make the trip profitable. The transportation time and fees are probably the same for 1 car or 10 cars. 🤷‍♀️
Just trying to make sense of the craziness.. I feel so terrible for you! 🤦‍♀️
Sure didn't stop them from shipping a crap ton of model Y's to the same location.

Your experience provides a glimmer of hope. I logged into my account this morning to find that EDD remains unchanged at July 2 - July 22. It disappeared for 4 days last week and my SA said, “ignore any website dates”. Yet I take everything they say with a grain of salt because they’re not much help anyway.

At this point, the best way to describe all of our experiences is what I read someone post yesterday — it feels like Whose Line Is It Anyway, where “the Model doesn’t matter and delivery dates are made up” lol

Your experience provides a glimmer of hope. I logged into my account this morning to find that EDD remains unchanged at July 2 - July 22. It disappeared for 4 days last week and my SA said, “ignore any website dates”. Yet I take everything they say with a grain of salt because they’re not much help anyway.

At this point, the best way to describe all of our experiences is what I read someone post yesterday — it feels like Whose Line Is It Anyway, where “the Model doesn’t matter and delivery dates are made up” lol
What was your order date? I’m in the LA area and it seems like our accounts are mimicking each other. I ordered on the 15 - I was at June 16 - 30 and now in July 8 - 20 for the past two days. Was hoping to get before the end of the quarter.

What was your order date? I’m in the LA area and it seems like our accounts are mimicking each other. I ordered on the 15 - I was at June 16 - 30 and now in July 8 - 20 for the past two days. Was hoping to get before the end of the quarter.
May 4. It does seem like California orders might be fulfilled the final weeks of the quarter. Another user made a compelling argument that Tesla's logistics is intentional for efficiency using the "outside in" approach. But I'm not so sure how true that is.

June 3: July 2 - July 22
June 4: June 21 - June 30
June 5: July 2 - July 22
June 6: July 2 - July 22
June 7: July 2 - July 22

I'm not holding my breath anymore through this crapshoot.

Another midwest data point if useful:
  • Base Model3 SR+ (white/black) on 5/4 (live in MO, pickup in KC)
  • At time of order EDD said 5-8 weeks
  • Showing EDD of June 21-30 for the last few days
Any other Missouri people that can tell me if Tesla collects sales tax and handles the DMV/tags side of things for MO and if so, do they take care of the alternative fuel decal too?