Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have SR+ regret? I ordered hastily because I was near the end of the production deadline for the quarter. My electricity is included in my rent and I work less than 10 miles from work. I was thinking originally that the LR and P were not for me because I really didnt need the range. I didnt do enough research to figure out that there are extra options that are included that I might have liked. I did order the 19" Sport wheels though. I am probably going to get the rear spoiler and a front lip, sides, if I can find some that are of pretty good quality. I am still not sure if the added expense would be worth it.
It all depends. It seems like you definitely don't need the extra range from the Performance or the LR, but at the same time please keep in mind that you will be missing out on:
1 Year Premium Connectivity ($120 Not a Biggie)
Floor Mats (Another $120-$200 not a Biggie)
90+ Miles of Range (Seems Unnecessary on your end)
Premium Sound System (A Great Plus, but again not a necessity)
Acceleration (From 5.3 Seconds to 4.2?) (Worth it for Car Enthusiasts)

Now Keep in Mind the Following:
Higher Payments (Or an extra $10,000)
You can always purchase Accessories like the following
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Carbon Fiber Wheel Cap
Floor Mats:
All of the above will cost you less than $1,500 (Which you may still need to buy for your Long Range Regardless)

This is my Recommendation. I also have a list of all accessories I bought for my car. Please let me know if anyone is interested. (NOT SPONSORED)

Last edited:
It all depends. It seems like you definitely don't need the extra range from the Performance or the LR, but at the same time please keep in mind that you will be missing out on:
1 Year Premium Connectivity ($120 Not a Biggie)
Floor Mats (Another $120-$200 not a Biggie)
90+ Miles of Range (Seems Unnecessary on your end)
Premium Sound System (A Great Plus, but again not a necessity)
Acceleration (From 5.3 Seconds to 4.2?) (Worth it for Car Enthusiasts)

Now Keep in Mind the Following:
Higher Payments (Or an extra $10,000)
You can always purchase Accessories like the following
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Carbon Fiber Wheel Cap
Floor Mats:
All of the above will cost you less than $1,500 (Which you may still need to buy for your Long Range Regardless)

This is my Recommendation. I also have a list of all accessories I bought for my car. Please let me know if anyone is interested. (NOT SPONSORED)
I’m interested.

Reactions: makirules
Anyone in the Austin TX area get any movement or progress on a VIN? I ordered 4/13 and my date is now moved to 6/20-6/30. Haven’t heard anything from the SA and I’m seeing a lot of order dates later than mine get VINs. Just curious what other TX people have experienced.

Anyone in the Austin TX area get any movement or progress on a VIN? I ordered 4/13 and my date is now moved to 6/20-6/30. Haven’t heard anything from the SA and I’m seeing a lot of order dates later than mine get VINs. Just curious what other TX people have experienced.
I’m in Austin and took home delivery on Sunday. Ordered 5/9 the base config

for what it’s worth the guys at the domain showroom told us to get our financing and everything done ASAP as that prioritizes you for matching a VIN. No clue if that’s true as you see conflicting info. I didn’t do financing immediately but a few days after we placed the order we got a text and a phone call telling us to get it done.

In Victoria Tx I ordered 5/1 sr+ msm color and have 6/20-6/30. Seems as the first date keeps moving

for what it’s worth the guys at the domain showroom told us to get our financing and everything done ASAP as that prioritizes you for matching a VIN. No clue if that’s true as you see conflicting info. I didn’t do financing immediately but a few days after we placed the order we got a text and a phone call telling us to get it done.
Thanks for the info, financing is settled but I did my own vs Tesla financing. Maybe that’s part of it. For what it’s the worth anytime there is info the Domain showroom people have been helpful. Hope you’re enjoying the new ride!

In Victoria Tx I ordered 5/1 sr+ msm color and have 6/20-6/30. Seems as the first date keeps moving
This actual gives some insight. I did the MSM as well and our dates are lined up. Maybe it’s the paint if they do batch production based on paint color.

Well that was short lived! Now pushed back a week. No notice just saw it on my account. 😒 😢 Hear that sound? That's me falling off the Joy mountain!!!
Wow what a kill-joy these updates are! But hey! we still have like 3 whole days from here to the 12... you know how much can change in Tesla world from here to then?!? 🤣 (just check out my dates on the signature!) 🤪

Hope you can still get it this weekend 🙏

Am I crazy to think that I’ll be getting my SR+ base everything in June? I ordered and completed my profile May 30. EDD has gone from last half of June to July and my SA said there’s no guarantees. However, looking back through the Teslike spreadsheet it looks like for every quarter thus far essentially every car ordered in the first two months of the quarter was delivered prior to quarter-end.

I realize there’s chip supply chain issues but the trend held true through all of the mayhem COVID has caused to date. Am I being unreasonably optimistic?

for what it’s worth the guys at the domain showroom told us to get our financing and everything done ASAP as that prioritizes you for matching a VIN. No clue if that’s true as you see conflicting info. I didn’t do financing immediately but a few days after we placed the order we got a

I ordered mine on 4/23. SR+, White Ext/Black Int, no FSD. Got VIN about 4 days ago. Uploaded Insurance and paid cash yesterday. EDD is 6/13-6/20. I am moving to DFW area so I changed pick up location to Fort Worth few days ago.

Reactions: makirules
Thanks for sharing. I find it very odd that my May 4 order is estimated for July 2 - July 22. It was June 21 - June 30 yesterday. I’m pulled in two directions: (1) with EDD constantly fluctuating it’s not truly accurate or (2) EDD is actually the best estimate per your SA and it validates that orders are fulfilled randomly regardless of order date.

I ordered May 10th, and the EDD dates are June 18th to 30th. Recently contacted my SA and he said:

Your MyTesla account shows the best estimate for delivery, so with the timeline currently displayed, I would say there is a good chance you vehicle will arrive before the month is out. Once your car is ready, you will receive a text message prompting you to choose your delivery date. Keep an eye out for that text!

Sounds hopeful. With regard to getting a car in good shape, he also said:

Every Tesla goes through several inspections before being deemed delivery ready. One before it leaves the factory, another once it arrives after shipment, and a final inspection as the vehicle is being prepped for delivery. Anything out of specification will be adjusted prior to delivery. You are welcome to speak with us should you find anything unsatisfactory, but I want to set the expectation that you should not anticipate finding anything needing adjustment at delivery.
Alas, the EDD for my May 10th order for a SR+ Red went from the end of June to August 15 - September 4!

My SA now says:

With the immense demand we are seeing at this time, it is most likely we will not see a vehicle produced from our factory this month. If you still wish to take delivery in June, we will have to seek inventory that is available onsite. These may vary from your configuration, but will be available to pick up immediately.

You have to be dedicated to become a Tesla owner.

Alas, the EDD for my May 10th order for a SR+ Red went from the end of June to August 15 - September 4!

My SA now says:

With the immense demand we are seeing at this time, it is most likely we will not see a vehicle produced from our factory this month. If you still wish to take delivery in June, we will have to seek inventory that is available onsite. These may vary from your configuration, but will be available to pick up immediately.

You have to be dedicated to become a Tesla owner.
I was advised similar by my SA. He proactively found a car with same exterior color but additional options (Wheel size, white interior, delivery fee of $500). I did not want to incur additional 2500-3000. However, I told him I am flexible on exterior color if a similar optioned car comes up. He said that it is likely but will know more in 2 weeks. I am ok with July delivery. He did say that currently my RN has a tentative estimated date to pair with VIN towards 7/16/2021. It aligns with my EDD of 7/20 - 8/09.