Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alas, the EDD for my May 10th order for a SR+ Red went from the end of June to August 15 - September 4!

My SA now says:

With the immense demand we are seeing at this time, it is most likely we will not see a vehicle produced from our factory this month. If you still wish to take delivery in June, we will have to seek inventory that is available onsite. These may vary from your configuration, but will be available to pick up immediately.

You have to be dedicated to become a Tesla owner.
Wow, sorry to hear that, that is quite a long wait time. Do you know if this issue is specific to your pickup location/region? Should later orders expect to have their EDD pushed back as well?

Alas, the EDD for my May 10th order for a SR+ Red went from the end of June to August 15 - September 4!

My SA now says:

With the immense demand we are seeing at this time, it is most likely we will not see a vehicle produced from our factory this month. If you still wish to take delivery in June, we will have to seek inventory that is available onsite. These may vary from your configuration, but will be available to pick up immediately.

That’s insane! I ordered mine May 16th and was told by 2 SAs that I will for sure receive my car before the end of the quarter..

Reactions: makirules

My SA now says:

Did they give a true reason?

I see you got red, I wonder if that’s the issue 🤔

Wow what a kill-joy these updates are! But hey! we still have like 3 whole days from here to the 12... you know how much can change in Tesla world from here to then?!? 🤣 (just check out my dates on the signature!) 🤪

Hope you can still get it this weekend 🙏
lol your dates are at least showing 😂 mine are non existent lol ordered on may 12th and saw them for about 1h and they've been gone since!

• Funny
Reactions: GiFer
The long journey comes to a close. The shipping company I used (Lynden Transport) was great, I got to follow the boat's location on a tracking map while obsessively checking the Tesla app to make sure my car was okay. Despite constant checking, it only lost 6% charge over the course of a week. They shipped it in a covered container and were very familiar with Teslas, I felt like it was in good hands. Now to buy cleaning supplies, Alaskan bugs can't get enough of the front bumper!

Attachments

• 29B36595-50E4-4972-96B2-FC50AEDDA9D4.jpeg
    29B36595-50E4-4972-96B2-FC50AEDDA9D4.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 68
Reactions: makirules and GiFer
The long journey comes to a close. The shipping company I used (Lynden Transport) was great, I got to follow the boat's location on a tracking map while obsessively checking the Tesla app to make sure my car was okay. Despite constant checking, it only lost 6% charge over the course of a week. They shipped it in a covered container and were very familiar with Teslas, I felt like it was in good hands. Now to buy cleaning supplies, Alaskan bugs can't get enough of the front bumper!
Congrats!! 🥳
She's beauty! Enjoy and safe travels 🥰

I had a 2021 White LR AWD Model 3 on order for a month and tonight I located a 2021 SR+ Deep Metallic Blue Model 3 in Denver Colorado (with 3 miles on it) that I processed the order on. I just have to pay the $500 transport fee to Kansas City. It has White interior, and 19" Wheels. I'm kind of stoked to find a Blue car that has a VIN and ready to process. I only did a couple of 600 mile long distance trips (even when I had my 2019 LR AWD Model 3 prior to selling it last year) so it won't be too big of a deal for me. I still have my 2018 Dodge Charger that gets 500 miles to the tank (highway) so if my wife and I need to take it then we'll have that option. I haven't listened to the SR+ stereo so I can gauge how I'll feel but the LR AWD has an awesome sound system. I will miss that a little. Take care and I hope everyone gets their VIN soon.

Reactions: GiFer
I literally was about to ask everyone how long after the Trade-In Text do people usually get the Delivery Text, but it seems like everyone including those that just got their VINs today received that Text. Hopefully, it means that we'll get our cars soon.

Ps. Florida People. I went to my local Tesla Dealership and verified. My car is currently in West Virginia (Approximately a 3 Day Drive to Florida...) Maybe some other Florida Cars are also heading this way...