Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also looking at existing inventory a few times a day through ev-tsla to see if there are any I could potentially snag up in the meantime. I know it's insane to constantly check the tesla page for updates but I can't help myself with this damn car, glad we got some folks to ride through it with.
Glad to know I'm not the only one that does this... :)

I used to see a lot of existing inventory in the weeks before Jun 30. But literally nothing in my area since then.
Yeah they have a ton of cars that have delivery rejected because of how rushed they are. People get rushed delivery dates for the end of quarter push and then can't make it, so they become available for purchase.

Less cars being delivered means less rejected deliveries means less available inventory.

Weird experience with Tesla

Hi all,
I've had such a weird experience with Tesla - wanted to get your input on it.

I ordered a SR+ Pearl White (All base) on 6/12. The EDD was 8-10 weeks.
On 6/29 I got a text message for a delivery appointment for 6/30 at Serramonte Tesla. I logged in to my tesla account and saw the Tesla Vision agreement, a VIN(1st) and Delivery appointment data and time (6/30). The website also asked me to complete the final payment.

At this time, I made the payment and bought the Tesla insurance (it was the cheapest quote among others in my case). This same evening, I happened to log back in to the tesla account and the VIN was removed (the delivery appointment persisted). I emailed my SA who hasn't replied yet.

I called Serramonte Tesla who said that the car is in production and expected delivery will go ahead, only my VIN changed (they couldn't tell me the new VIN assignment). After that I called Tesla insurance who cancelled the policy and asked me to reapply on the day of delivery.

The next day (day of delivery), I called Serramonte again (4 hours to delivery) since the VIN wasn't visible. They reiterated that the car is expected to get to them by the evening and I should go ahead and sign the Agreement document. The agreement document popped up as we were talking. I saw that the agreement had another VIN(2nd) on it. After I signed the agreement, the representative tells me that the VIN(2nd) is not going to be assigned to me since the car had a defect, but I will get another one assigned quickly 'its a common build'.

Then, 2 hours before delivery I call again and they said that no car has been delivered and they expect it to happen 'tonight or in the next few days'. I was asked to ignore the delivery appointment.

Now, the EDD is back with 9-13 weeks. However, the payment has been made (I haven't received an email receipt, just a confirmation in the tesla account) - the agreement I signed doesn't show up on the account and I have no idea when the car will be delivered.

I called Serramonte today and nobody is answering.

So -

Is this normal?
Update :

SA still not replying to emails, Tesla Serramonte still not picking up the phone. Still no payment receipt, just a confirmation on the tesla account.

Welp, I’m in the same boat as everyone else. Ordered 5/25 white SR+, Maryland and my EDD just changed to 9-13 weeks. My tesla trade just expired as well. I don’t think I’m going to trade with Tesla either, but I have completed it in my profile. I think I’ll do Carvana.
I sold my ICE through Carvana, and got paid more than I owed on it. Tesla trade-in would have required me to put a couple K into it. It was a good experience with Carvana.

Ordered my M3 Standard on 6/26 and just this past weekend My delivery EED went from a date range to 7-11 weeks. We then received a text from the Tesla Delivery Team congratulating us and asking to confirm how they will be delivering the car to our home (I picked the Burbank location for delivery but they only deliver to the house). I have no VIN and it seems too rap for delivery. Did anyone else receive this text?

Ordered my M3 Standard on 6/26 and just this past weekend My delivery EED went from a date range to 7-11 weeks. We then received a text from the Tesla Delivery Team congratulating us and asking to confirm how they will be delivering the car to our home (I picked the Burbank location for delivery but they only deliver to the house). I have no VIN and it seems too rap for delivery. Did anyone else receive this text?
It could be a mistake text or it could be just good luck. Hopefully it is the second one!
They do deliver at the house but I thought this is usually on quarter end so this seems a little unexpected.

I did not think I would have a problem waiting for my Tesla 3 delivery until I started reading this forum. Might have to go Cold Turkey and stay away (but I won’t)
Do your self a favor ans don’t look I went crazy 2 weeks before delivery and all that checking to just get a call that said your vins ready come pick up this weekend. It will happen when it happeneds don’t drive yourself crazy

Reactions: Hellabayarea
I sold my ICE through Carvana, and got paid more than I owed on it. Tesla trade-in would have required me to put a couple K into it. It was a good experience with Carvana.
For me Tesla offering me more than carvana and CarMax. Plus your credit goes down once you pay off a car and I have to redo financing with Tesla in a month so it would be worse for me to sell right before another credit check I was about to sell to CarMax today but their offer was lower

For me Tesla offering me more than carvana and CarMax. Plus your credit goes down once you pay off a car and I have to redo financing with Tesla in a month so it would be worse for me to sell right before another credit check I was about to sell to CarMax today but their offer was lower

Lucky for you that Tesla is offering you more. I traded in my car to a friend who is part owner of a dealership but matched the CarMax offer which was 3k higher than Teslas offer. I would have preferred going with Tesla so I'd have a car while waiting for the M3. My credit score went up though once my loan was paid off, I'd assume cause my overall debt went down.

Sidenote, it's getting harder to wait now (EDD July 30 - August 19th) cause my neighbor across the street got a model Y and I feel like it's taunting me everytime I look outside.

Sharing my EDD
Richmond, Canada
Order date: 7/1/21
OG date: 9 - 13 weeks
A day later after order date: Aug 7 - Aug 27
Current: Aug 13 - Sep 02

My neighbour has a 3 and lately I cannot stop hearing the Tesla motor sound. Whenever I hear it I go check my EDD date. 🤣 Hoping Q3 is a great Quarter for Tesla production.