Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up the inventory car I snagged yesterday, it is a beauty.
Image from iOS.jpg

Here's some info from a fellow who ordered last quarter and experienced the exact same thing you are all going through right now.

I ordered on 4/19 and the original estimate at this time was 7-11 weeks. The EDD stated 6/14-6/30. This hurt since this was my first Tesla purchase so I was just hopeful I could get it sooner. So the wait began, as did reading this forum daily. I would reload the EDD page multiple times a day, hoping to find some good news. Most days it would shift a day or so, but for the most part it either remained at 6/14-6/30, or changed back to 7-11 weeks.

Then one day it changed to 6/1-6/14. I was ecstatic! It didn't last long, though. The next day it changed back to the end of June EDD. Late in May I started getting the "reply JUNE if you can take delivery..." text messages. It was looking like the EDD was accurate. My SA and Tesla reps also said "You'll take delivery the last couple weeks of June for sure".

On May 30, on a random refreshing of my EDD page the Teslavision prompt appeared, along with my VIN and a schedule delivery date. I was able to take delivery the next day on the 31st.

So yeah, don't read too much into the EDD. It's basically a placeholder for "this is what we originally said when you bought the car". I got my car 3 weeks earlier than the EDD ever said. Looking back, I wish I had never even looked at the EDD. It's just full of let downs and false hopes. It means nothing.

My advice, don't look at the EDD, don't call your SA or Tesla. They don't know. Just refresh your account page a few times a week looking for the Teslavision prompt. If it doesn't appear, don't even consider that darned EDD.

:) I hope this is helpful to someone!
I'm going to change my order page bookmark over to the account page instead, it will help with the torture. I was signed out this morning and I got all excited for the prompt to appear, but no dice!

Reactions: jaybopp82