Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well,I might have the record on breaking a windshield. Took a rock on the highway and I’ve got a foot and a half long crack. On the way to the detailer for ppf, first drive. Amazing.
That is just terrible luck.

Seems too large to be patched up. Tesla is the only one that can replace the glass. My coworker had his front windshield replaced on his M3 a few months ago and he said everything was scheduled thru the app and the actual process of replacing the glass was only a few hours.

Seems too large to be patched up. Tesla is the only one that can replace the glass. My coworker had his front windshield replaced on his M3 a few months ago and he said everything was scheduled thru the app and the actual process of replacing the glass was only a few hours.
Interesting… is a windshield replacement a ranger job? Or does it have to go to the service center?

The shop I’m having the ppf put on does the windshields all the time , they will just need to order it. No deductible on the insurance,so more of an annoyance than anything

Reactions: Mad4sax
Anyone who is getting home delivery / picking up I suggest doing THOROUGH INSPECTION

Current status of having Model 3 for 2 days:
My Model 3 is already at service center (day2) for having not working AC and they said it is having system failure and they will need more time to figure out what the issue is.

Also they will not do window repair at the same time so I will need to send in request once this part is repaired. (Two window sides are heavily scratched)

Anyone who is getting home delivery / picking up I suggest doing THOROUGH INSPECTION

My Model 3 is already at service center (day2) for having not working AC and they said it is having system failure and they will need more time to figure out what the issue is.

Also they will not do window repair at the same time so I will need to send in request once this part is repaired. (Two window sides are heavily scratched)
Omg nooo, I hope it goes smoothly, afterwards!!

Mine says home delivery but I don't know if that will change.

Omg nooo, I hope it goes smoothly, afterwards!!

Mine says home delivery but I don't know if that will change.
thank you !

i hope everyone gets good condition car but it appears lots of windows have heavy scratches. I highly suggest checking this part upon getting home delivery!
and of course AC function too ! LOL

Man, if your order was in May, then my early June order timeframe means I probably still have at least a few more weeks before there is any chance of a VIN for us Bay Area folks. Seems like SoCal folks are getting the love right now. I'm just hoping I don't get sucked into the end-of-quarter push in Sept.
Bay Area here I'm on day 70 of waiting

Sucks man! Its worse after having to wait so long for it

Hey where are you guys seeing your EDDs? I have an order in and I don't see an EDD specific to my order.
It comes and goes, I would suggest not worrying as much for an EDD, just go off the original estimate at the time of order, and then check every couple of days for an update like a vin or the tesla vision notice.
This is not for everyone, but from what I've been seeing, if your order was made before July then you are getting your vin within these couple weeks since there have been quite a few vin drops lately. And if yours is in early to mid-July, your estimated date is mid to late September. And if you are late July up to last week, it seems delivery advisors and order support are all guessing a mid to late October delivery date.

Ordered my SR+ White on White with 18" wheels on July 24th. Had an EDD of 9/23-9/30 for about two weeks, then the EDD disappeared. Over the weekend it came back as 9/18-9/30 and changed to 9/19-9/30 on Sunday. Still at those same dates. Hopefully mine isn't pushed out to Oct as some are saying has happened to those who ordered late July...

Reactions: NB Hip fan