Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my SR+ White on White with 18" wheels on July 24th. Had an EDD of 9/23-9/30 for about two weeks, then the EDD disappeared. Over the weekend it came back as 9/18-9/30 and changed to 9/19-9/30 on Sunday. Still at those same dates. Hopefully mine isn't pushed out to Oct as some are saying has happened to those who ordered late July...
Yeah I ordered two days before you did and my original EDD was 9/6-30. It is getting frustrated when my order is now pushed back to late October and at the same time not getting a trade-in evaluation forever. My car currently has pretty good trade-in/private sale value but I don't even know when to sell it.

Reactions: NB Hip fan
Hi all, brand new here and just took delivery of our second M3, this time SR+; all standard, no options whatsoever (we leased it). FWIW, I ordered on 6/9 and took delivery on 8/5. I live in the SF Bay Area.

Didn't have a great experience with contactless delivery at the Vallejo store, mostly due to lack of communication. Apparently, you're supposed to arrive, inspect your car, then log in to your Tesla account via a browser to accept delivery (you can't do it from the mobile app yet). Then, the car will appear in your mobile app and you can be on your merry way. None of that was told to us beforehand, so we ended up having to wait for a sales rep to help us out.

Good luck to those still waiting. Happy that we finally got it so my wife stops driving my car! 😄

Attachments

• M3.png
    M3.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 173
Ordered my SR+ White on White with 18" wheels on July 24th. Had an EDD of 9/23-9/30 for about two weeks, then the EDD disappeared. Over the weekend it came back as 9/18-9/30 and changed to 9/19-9/30 on Sunday. Still at those same dates. Hopefully mine isn't pushed out to Oct as some are saying has happened to those who ordered late July...
Same build as me and my order date was only a few days before yours. The big difference is I’m in eastern Canada. :)

For anyone who just ordered, if you're really in want of a car and would eat the $100 order fee. Here's a tip on snagging one from local inventory.
  1. Open Tesla's Model 3 "New Inventory" page
  2. Download "Page Refresh" Google Chrome extension
  3. Set for 15-30 seconds - hit start
    View attachment 694334
  4. Your car will eventually pop up - proceed to order.
    You lose your $100 order fee from your existing RN but most people are okay with this if it can save them 2-3 months of wait.

Notes:
  • Alternatively, you can use a site scraper like Tesla-Info which will scrape the entire U.S. BUT a lot of SR+ are snagged way before they even make it to this site from what I've noticed. LR and Performances tend to stay up on this site a lot more. I've seen upwards of 5+ minutes lag time between popping up on Tesla-Info vs Existing Inventory. That's more than enough time to get your car snagged.
  • Can also run this for the Tesla-Info tab and have both running side by side. Maximum efficiency!
  • Helps if you have a dual-monitor setup.
Sounds insane but if you've just ordered, this might be your best shot of getting one before the end of Q3 maybe even Q4.

This is exactly what I did to get my LR from existing inventory :D

Haven’t been online for a couple of days, but just checked my EDD this morning and I’m officially in September territory… 9/07-9/27. At this point I don’t mind. But I’m thinking I will just apply for financing at the end of August to get it over with.

Also, after some extensive research, I realized that I would pay almost next to nothing for installing a Tesla Wall Connector because of utility, state, and federal rebates/credits. Plus, by enrolling in our utility’s time of use program for EVs, they will cut our charging rate in half.

So don’t forget to check what rebates are available for installing EV chargers at your location! The federal tax credit for residential/individual use EV chargers ends this year so do take advantage of that!

Last edited:
Haven’t been online for a couple of days, but just checked my EDD this morning and I’m officially in September territory… 9/07-9/27. At this point I don’t mind. But I’m thinking I will just apply for financing at the end of August to get it over with.

Also, after some extensive research, I realized that I would pay almost next to nothing for installing a Tesla Wall Connector because of utility, state, and federal rebates/credits. Plus, by enrolling in our utility’s time of use program for EVs, they will cut our charging rate in half.

So don’t forget to check what rebates are available for installing EV chargers at your location! The federal tax credit for residential/individual use EV chargers ends this year so do take advantage of that!
I ordered on 7/25 DC metro, Wht/blk and EDD is now 9/8 -9/28. My original EDD was 8/23 - 9/12. So maybe mid- September for Maryland/Virginia?

I ordered a SR+ on August 2nd and originally got a delivery date of 8-14 weeks. The delivery date then changed to September 9-29 (which is great). Sadly, the delivery date disappeared and just came back today for fist time. It is now showing October 13- November 2.