Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Omg, I thought it was just Canada that was having huge delays!!! Ordered mine on July 13 ---> EDD August 13 - September 14 :cool: ---> No EDD for a full week 😐 --> Today EDD Oct 16 - Nov 05 😝
Ordered Mine on July 15th, EDD was August 15-Sept 4. then it jumped around a bunch. Went to 8 to 14 weeks, then I also had no EDD for a few days before settling down for a few day. now Its sitting at Sept 1 to 21st. Ordered Midnight silver, 18 inch Aero wheels, black interior, SR+. SO I guess we will see what happening I would be very pleased if I managed to take delivery by Sept 4th like it had originally stated when I bought it.

Reactions: Jono89
For anyone who just ordered, if you're really in want of a car and would eat the $100 order fee. Here's a tip on snagging one from local inventory.
  1. Open Tesla's Model 3 "New Inventory" page
  2. Download "Page Refresh" Google Chrome extension
  3. Set for 15-30 seconds - hit start
    View attachment 694334
  4. Your car will eventually pop up - proceed to order.
    You lose your $100 order fee from your existing RN but most people are okay with this if it can save them 2-3 months of wait.

Notes:
  • Alternatively, you can use a site scraper like Tesla-Info which will scrape the entire U.S. BUT a lot of SR+ are snagged way before they even make it to this site from what I've noticed. LR and Performances tend to stay up on this site a lot more. I've seen upwards of 5+ minutes lag time between popping up on Tesla-Info vs Existing Inventory. That's more than enough time to get your car snagged.
  • Can also run this for the Tesla-Info tab and have both running side by side. Maximum efficiency!
  • Helps if you have a dual-monitor setup.
Sounds insane but if you've just ordered, this might be your best shot of getting one before the end of Q3 maybe even Q4.
Within only several hours of trying, I was able to have a car in my cart, and then it became unavailable. Was not fast enough lol. Seems like most of the country had cars around 10:30ish, just hoping to be refreshing at the time that another big drop of cars happens!

Within only several hours of trying, I was able to have a car in my cart, and then it became unavailable. Was not fast enough lol. Seems like most of the country had cars around 10:30ish, just hoping to be refreshing at the time that another big drop of cars happens!
I have it set to check every minute using their API and then send me an email if there’s a match, but no luck in Florida so far.

Really makes you wonder how many other people are doing the same thing if they got to it first :oops:

Reactions: WingsCreates
I have the tesla info to the whole US, and then the tesla site set to fremont, CA, even though I live in wisconsin since if I got one out there, I would just fly out and then drive it back.
Only issue I've had with Tesla-Info is that there's lag time in between how often it scans and updates the website. Some listings don't even make it to Tesla-Info because they're picked up that quick.

Really makes you wonder how many other people are doing the same thing if they got to it first :oops:
trueee haha! It was mostly my fault though on that one, I had it on screen to press the place order now button, but I called my local tesla shop to make sure I could purchase this and just fly to pick it up since some companies have issues crossing state lines as well as issues with cross country purchasing.

Granted I know EDD means nothing basically, I finally have an EDD shown now for mid October after no EDD being shown for awhile on my current order so I am on the fence with finding a car that has a different paint color and/or different wheels and if it is worth it going for that instead of waiting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baytomax
trueee haha! It was mostly my fault though on that one, I had it on screen to press the place order now button, but I called my local tesla shop to make sure I could purchase this and just fly to pick it up since some companies have issues crossing state lines as well as issues with cross country purchasing.

Granted I know EDD means nothing basically, I finally have an EDD shown now for mid October after no EDD being shown for awhile on my current order so I am on the fence with finding a car that has a different paint color and/or different wheels and if it is worth it going for that instead of waiting.
Oof yes, the call. I think you can get away with calling in to have your SA transfer the VIN over to your existing RN but SR+ do not last that long. Performance models can make it a few minutes.

Are you just going to bite the bullet the next time and eat the $100 fee?

It comes and goes, I would suggest not worrying as much for an EDD, just go off the original estimate at the time of order, and then check every couple of days for an update like a vin or the tesla vision notice.
This is not for everyone, but from what I've been seeing, if your order was made before July then you are getting your vin within these couple weeks since there have been quite a few vin drops lately. And if yours is in early to mid-July, your estimated date is mid to late September. And if you are late July up to last week, it seems delivery advisors and order support are all guessing a mid to late October delivery date.
OK thanks for that. I thought I just wasn't looking in the right place or something. It finally showed up this morning. So it ended up taking 8 days for the EDD (for anyone who might be wondering the same), which is fine..... just different than my previous experience. It says Oct 16 - Nov 05. I ordered on AUG 2nd. Maybe that's progress of sorts, at least I've been assigned an EDD now. I'll take it as a positive!

Reactions: WingsCreates
Ordered Mine on July 15th, EDD was August 15-Sept 4. then it jumped around a bunch. Went to 8 to 14 weeks, then I also had no EDD for a few days before settling down for a few day. now Its sitting at Sept 1 to 21st. Ordered Midnight silver, 18 inch Aero wheels, black interior, SR+. SO I guess we will see what happening I would be very pleased if I managed to take delivery by Sept 4th like it had originally stated when I bought it.
Hey, Same Specs!! Would not be a surprise you will get it sooner. Edmonton is closer to Cali :)

Anyone have a 6-50 adapter they aren't going to need and want to sell? Maybe if I get worried I won't get a 6-50 in time, the car will show up faster so I can say "Now I have the car, but I can't get the adapter I need"
I’m having the same issue. I have a RS+ on order but I can’t get a 6-50 adapter. I found one online that should work but it is not Tesla
OK thanks for that. I thought I just wasn't looking in the right place or something. It finally showed up this morning. So it ended up taking 8 days for the EDD (for anyone who might be wondering the same), which is fine..... just different than my previous experience. It says Oct 16 - Nov 05. I ordered on AUG 2nd. Maybe that's progress of sorts, at least I've been assigned an EDD now. I'll take it as a positive!
I ordered my car on the same day and a the EDD just came back this morning too. It is showing October 13- november 2.

Oof yes, the call. I think you can get away with calling in to have your SA transfer the VIN over to your existing RN but SR+ do not last that long. Performance models can make it a few minutes.

Are you just going to bite the bullet the next time and eat the $100 fee?
I am fine eating the $100 fee, I just didn't want to order it and find out that I couldn't fly there and pick it up, and it would have to be delivered meaning I would then have to pay the $2000 to deliver. But now I know I can pick it up there no problem, I am just going to be more selective on what model I pick since I was able to see one within a day, just waiting those extra few days and I might find myself lucky again with a dark blue version of the car haha.

Reactions: Baytomax
i also feel like someone on this forum transferred their RN to another person in the same state since they picked up an inventory car.

I bet you could do that to mitigate some fees on either end or meet in the middle

Has anyone had any luck finding their car’s VIN on the source page? I keep trying and nothing shows. I’m probably just too far way from deliver.
Mine only showed up when my VIN was displayed under the RN on the account page.

I checked rather frequently up until then.

There is a Chrome extension you can download and each time you open the page, it'll do a scan for the VIN and if it detects one, it'll give you a very obvious text notification in the middle of the page.

Anyone who is getting home delivery / picking up I suggest doing THOROUGH INSPECTION

Current status of having Model 3 for 2 days:
My Model 3 is already at service center (day2) for having not working AC and they said it is having system failure and they will need more time to figure out what the issue is.

Also they will not do window repair at the same time so I will need to send in request once this part is repaired. (Two window sides are heavily scratched)
Man, I've been following your updates for a while now and it makes me really upset to hear this.

I applaud how calm you're able to stay while going through all of this.

Didn't have a great experience with contactless delivery at the Vallejo store, mostly due to lack of communication. Apparently, you're supposed to arrive, inspect your car, then log in to your Tesla account via a browser to accept delivery (you can't do it from the mobile app yet). Then, the car will appear in your mobile app and you can be on your merry way. None of that was told to us beforehand, so we ended up having to wait for a sales rep to help us out.
I had the same experience at the Serramonte store. Ordered 6/9 and picked up 8/7. Some tips for those who haven't received their VIN's / vehicles yet:

1) Pickup if possible, and give yourself plenty of time to inspect the vehicle. I could have picked mine up on 8/3, but waited until the weekend to give myself plenty of time.
2) Avoid home delivery. The delivery person wants to leave ASAP, thus "pressuring" you to accept the vehicle ASAP.
3) DO NOT accept delivery on the web browser until AFTER you've thoroughly inspected the exterior of the vehicle. If you find some exterior flaws, point them out to a staff person (You have to go to them. They will not come to you.) See if any flaws can be addressed on site BEFORE you accept delivery on the web browser. (I had some stray red paint and a trunk alignment stopper adjustment that needed to be done.)
4) Inspect the car like you're a drill sergeant. Crawl on the ground all around the vehicle to inspect the rocker panels and underbody. DO NOT let the excitement of finally getting your new car take anything away from your objectivity. Remember that Tesla already has your money, so you should get what you're OWED.
5) DO NOT pickup the vehicle on your own. All names on the registration must be present, but better to have even more eyes inspecting the vehicle (and to celebrate when you drive off). :D
6) Once you have "accepted delivery" on the web browser, now use the app to unlock the car and then inspect the inside. The key cards and registration paperwork will be inside the car. Watch for pinched/damaged weatherstripping since it's one of the easiest places to get sloppy during assembly that will become a future problem in bad weather.
7) After you inspect the interior and it passes, then take the registration paperwork inside and sign the documents in the presence of a sales rep.
8) Enjoy the vehicle! You've waited long enough.

It took me 2 hours from start to finish with 2 pairs of inspection eyes. How long you want to spend is entirely up to you.