Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a call today from SA and email shortly after. Car to arrive on the 13th - Delivery date moved up to this sat Aug. 14th. Seems like it will be a "Touchless Pick-Up Experience" or whatever that means, I guess I can't touch my car. Super excited at this point. Added a countdown widget on my phones homepage. Now I need to hit up the bank for a certified cheque and insurance today then I am ready to go.
So they go to your house, and then leave, and then text you instructions on how to get into it. lool. I chose to pick up in Costa Mesa instead, they just called me to ask and confirm.

Does anyone know what level of tint is on the moonroof stock? I know it comes tinted, but I was hoping to figure out the % of UV protection?

16347317-A95A-44B5-8F08-FB34011F23F2.jpeg

Existing inventory - Ottawa… too rich for my blood! Found using auto refresh trick mentioned here in this thread. :)

EDIT: Another one just popped up in Montreal… still too rich for me - I need SR+ to qualify for all rebates.
9B545BB3-8261-4D73-99A6-55FB2A1EC4AA.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jono89
So they go to your house, and then leave, and then text you instructions on how to get into it. lool. I chose to pick up in Costa Mesa instead, they just called me to ask and confirm.

Does anyone know what level of tint is on the moonroof stock? I know it comes tinted, but I was hoping to figure out the % of UV protection?
No exact tint level I was ever able to find, but everyone quotes that the moonroof is up to 98% UV protection rating!

Reactions: Vystery
What kind of floor mats did yall choose? The Tesla rubber ones are kinda pricey considering they don’t include trunk and front trunk pieces (they have to be bought separate for $200) I have seen some decent looking ones on amazon, but if anyone has purchased some or know of some good ones please reply with the link. It’s crazy that the SR and SR+ don’t include even carpet floor mats
I went with the thinsgo, I like the leather all around look, and the carpeted toppers

I wonder if that's new with the refresh, since my friend's husband's head got a sunburn in the 2020 model.. (bald btw)
I've seen references that bald people tend to feel some type of radiating heat.

I've sat in my coworkers 3 and Y multiple times and I feel no heat from the roof (not bald).

I'm tinting every window except the roof. It does a great job blocking heat already and I'd personally like to keep the shade light enough to see through and admire the sky.

Only brand floor mats I go with: 3D Maxpider floor mats. I have them in my current ICE vehicle and I can 100% recommend it.

I already bought this exact set for my M3. They're pricey but the looks, material, and ease of cleaning make it the best floor mat to me. I don't like the rubber feeling ones, they feel cheap.
I bought the Maxpider’s as well - decent price in Canada via Costco.ca

Reactions: Jono89 and Baytomax
I wonder if that's new with the refresh, since my friend's husband's head got a sunburn in the 2020 model.. (bald btw)
Even with UV Protection, getting a 50% tint on the front windshield and on the sunroof will add a lot of heat blocking (I think its UV-A vs UV-B). I used to feel the heat radiate on my chest before I tinted mine and I definitely feel it in other cars. Highly recommend doing both!

Girl I have been googling and there is no answer out there. I'm going to tint just the sides somewhere between 35-50%. I wanted to match the back but I also don't want to darken the existing tint.

Reactions: Baytomax
Girl I have been googling and there is no answer out there. I'm going to tint just the sides somewhere between 35-50%. I wanted to match the back but I also don't want to darken the existing tint.
Local tint installer that does a lot of Teslas is backed up until Sept. 10th.

I plan on getting 15% ceramic tint on the side windows and rear windows. 50% tint on the front windshield as well.

Just when I'm done waiting for the car I have to wait for tint now 😅

That's why I tinted the ceiling of my MYLR with a ceramic tint thats 99%UV and 98% Heat Reduction! LOL (XPEL PRIME XR PLUS - I love it!) We bald guys need some extra help, the wife is like "I don't know what youre talking about, I don't feel any heat at all!"

Waiting on a delivery date for my SR+ here in New Zealand - hard to pass up with the recent price drop and new government rebate here.

First stop will be to get the windows tinted (35% on sides and back), and a ceramic coating too!

Anyone here had experience with ceramic tinting specially for glass? They’ll offer many options for the paint, 2 years, 5 years etc but only 1 year for paint which seems odd.

Reactions: NB Hip fan

I've sat in my coworkers 3 and Y multiple times and I feel no heat from the roof (not bald).

I'm tinting every window except the roof. It does a great job blocking heat already and I'd personally like to keep the shade light enough to see through and admire the sky.
I got a almost clear tint film for the windshield and the ceiling, because I didn't want to darken the ceiling shade either. It's so nice the way it is. I also clear tinted the existing windows that were tinted at the factory, for maximum Heat and UV protection, without making them darker. You didn't even notice the clear tint is there; I had no idea a clear tint existed that could block the same levels of Heat and UV. It has the same heat rejection 98% and UV protection 99% as a darker tints. It's called XPEL PRIME XR PLUS, it ceramic and comes in a million shades from clear to black out. I'm so happy I did it! Yes...... I'm bald! LOL

I got a almost clear tint film for the windshield and the ceiling, because I didn't want to darken the ceiling shade either. It's so nice the way it is. I also clear tinted the existing windows that were tinted at the factory, for maximum Heat and UV protection, without making them darker. You didn't even notice the clear tint is there; I had no idea a clear tint existed that could block the same levels of Heat and UV. It has the same heat rejection 98% and UV protection 99% as a darker tints. It's called XPEL PRIME XR PLUS, it ceramic and comes in a million shades from clear to black out. I'm so happy I did it! Yes...... I'm bald! LOL
I imagine that film costs a pretty penny to install.

Trying to find some middle ground between quality film and the bank statements.

I've gotten quotes for upwards of $1300 for 3M Crystalline and that's just insane. My ICE car would cost $600-700 for Crystalline.

I'm legit making an appointment tomorrow.. I pick up at 11am, and then go straight into a tinting session. Hahahahahaha!