Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you picking up at Tyson’s Corner? Home delivery? How were you notified of delivery date? I got my VIN Saturday, but haven’t heard anything about delivery yet and just want to be able to plan around work and selling my current car with Carvana. I talked to my SA, but all he’d say is that pickup should be after 8/20 so just to contact him if I haven’t heard anything by 8/18
I’m picking up at Rockville and I called them because I needed to get my documents for my financing with USAA. The SA told me that I would be able to pickup on the 17th but today I actually got the text to schedule pickup and it will be the 19th.

Got a call today from SA and email shortly after. Car to arrive on the 13th - Delivery date moved up to this sat Aug. 14th. Seems like it will be a "Touchless Pick-Up Experience" or whatever that means, I guess I can't touch my car. Super excited at this point. Added a countdown widget on my phones homepage. Now I need to hit up the bank for a certified cheque and insurance today then I am ready to go.
Mine arrived on the 8th but delivery is on the 13th for whatever the reason

Can I ask how much your tint job will be? What type of film did you end up going with and on how many windows?
3M Crystalline:
  1. 1 guy in garden grove said full car (+wind shield and moonroof) 600 but seems questionable
  2. RPM Tesla (where I want to go) is 900-1300 (depending on wrap type? Going by to ask them tomorrow, in person
  3. 700 for car, an extra 500 for windshield, but won't do moon because they're easily crackable?
The three quotes I've gotten.. Will verify tomorrow with RPM Tesla! They're in Rancho Santa Margarita and have a ton of inventory.. I want to Alcantara everything.. hahaha!

is the 1.5k your original downpayment amount? And then the 100$, is that a new charge and you get refunded the original, or is it another 100$ entirely?
My downpayment was 10k (rounding), and then the loan agreement said 11.6k and I was like "huh?" And Tesla said they get this question a lot, there's 1500 cash back for buying the EV (in cali? not sure if it's States wide), and they auto apply that to the car payment. (in my case, the loan)

3M Crystalline:
  1. 1 guy in garden grove said full car (+wind shield and moonroof) 600 but seems questionable
  2. RPM Tesla (where I want to go) is 900-1300 (depending on wrap type? Going by to ask them tomorrow, in person
  3. 700 for car, an extra 500 for windshield, but won't do moon because they're easily crackable?
The three quotes I've gotten.. Will verify tomorrow with RPM Tesla! They're in Rancho Santa Margarita and have a ton of inventory.. I want to Alcantara everything.. hahaha!

My downpayment was 10k (rounding), and then the loan agreement said 11.6k and I was like "huh?" And Tesla said they get this question a lot, there's 1500 cash back for buying the EV (in cali? not sure if it's States wide), and they auto apply that to the car payment. (in my case, the loan)
Is RPMTesla reputable? I’m new to the world of Tesla and it looks like they’re only a 5 min drive from where I work. If they’re as good as they say, might have to stop by when I get my SR+!

Reactions: Vystery
Is RPMTesla reputable? I’m new to the world of Tesla and it looks like they’re only a 5 min drive from where I work. If they’re as good as they say, might have to stop by when I get my SR+!
I've had a ton of friend who have gone here, and I'm going there tomorrow! I'll let you know. Haha I live in Lake Forest so I'm right down the way as well.

That might be in other states but it is mostly a cali thing, unfortunately I do not have any rebates, so hopefully in my case no unexpected fees like that haha.

Are you picking up at Tyson’s Corner? Home delivery? How were you notified of delivery date? I got my VIN Saturday, but haven’t heard anything about delivery yet and just want to be able to plan around work and selling my current car with Carvana. I talked to my SA, but all he’d say is that pickup should be after 8/20 so just to contact him if I haven’t heard anything by 8/18
I think you'll get text soon from delivery team. If you chose tysons while ordering, you will more likely get home delivery. My SA said they don't have enough space to store the car so they are mostly doing home deliveries "as soon as they are finished with inspection".
So with the factory inspection and additional SC inspection, it better be top notch quality;)

I had to email my SA to get my link for delivery appointment, first got a text which I used to schedule delivery and several minutes later I received an email with the same CTA. They are trying to force me to take delivery rather than pickup. I emailed my SA again and told him I wanted to pickup same date/time, he created a note on my account for pickup rather than delivery.
I'm still 2 weeks from pickup (8/25).

Reactions: curlette461
I think you'll get text soon from delivery team. If you chose tysons while ordering, you will more likely get home delivery. My SA said they don't have enough space to store the car so they are mostly doing home deliveries "as soon as they are finished with inspection".
So with the factory inspection and additional SC inspection, it better be top notch quality;)
I hope I hear from them soon so I can plan. Just wondering because I live about 60 miles from the SC, so if they deliver to the house, they’d better have someone follow in a 2nd car. Won’t be getting an Uber all the way out here 😂

I ordered on 8/4 and had the seemingly usual 3-4 EDD changes. This morning early it was 9/21-9/30. Received an email an hour ago with my VIN, request for payment and request to set up delivery! This will be a bit of a scramble for me due to being out of town. Anyone have experience with delaying the delivery for a couple weeks? I know there are many waiting and I hope you all get that good news soon!
hey congrats! What were your specs? I ordered 08/04 as well and havent even gotten a EDD yet. TIA!

Reactions: Wildcat84
I imagine that film costs a pretty penny to install.

Trying to find some middle ground between quality film and the bank statements.

I've gotten quotes for upwards of $1300 for 3M Crystalline and that's just insane. My ICE car would cost $600-700 for Crystalline.
Yes sir, it's crazy expensive for that ceramic stuff. Every window in the car, plus the ceiling and windshield ran $1500 in FL. Which is crazy, because I've never been disappointed with my "regular" tints from years / cars past.

3M Crystalline:

RPMTesla tint price 3M Window Tint Model 3 - Crystalline or Color Stable

Are you thinking about getting other upgrades at RPM?

I imagine that film costs a pretty penny to install.

Trying to find some middle ground between quality film and the bank statements.

I've gotten quotes for upwards of $1300 for 3M Crystalline and that's just insane. My ICE car would cost $600-700 for Crystalline.
Yeah, that’s why I’m sticking with LLumar CTX for $400 minus the sunroof and $175 for Air80 windshield.