Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is just me but for exterior, i watched this video by a guy who does vehicle repairs few times before delivery.

Video is in Korean so I listed out some points he mentioned
Note:
*It seems Tesla does not allow us to take a look inside before we accept delivery and once we accept delivery they will not accept any kind of return or approve delivery rejection. So checking interior before accepting car seems not like an option.
*for me, there was no paper work to check (since it was home delivery?) it just had typical dmv paperwork.

1) major panel gaps (happens a lot on trunk/body connecting area)
2) dent / ding
3) wheel damage
4) window scratch (said very common issue on tesla nowadays). Mine had scratches on exact same place
In my case two windows had some bad damages. They promised replacement for both
5) window edge damage
6) roof glass edge damage
7) scratch on headlights (said happened a lot recently)
8) paint chips

Last edited:
This is just me but for exterior, i watched this video by a guy who does vehicle repairs few times before delivery.

Video is in Korean so i listed out some points he mentioned
Note: It seems they do not allow us to take a look inside before we accept delivery and once we accept delivery they will not accept any kind of return or approve delivery rejection.

1) major panel gaps (happens a lot on trunk/body connecting area)
2) dent / ding
3) wheel damage
4) window scratch (said very common issue on tesla nowadays). Mine had scratches on exact same place
In my case two windows had some bad damages. They promised replacement for both
5) window edge damage
6) roof glass edge damage
7) scratch on headlights (said happened a lot recently)
8) paint chips
Seems like a catch 22. If you want to refuse delivery, you had to do it at your delivery appointment, but in order to get access to the inside of the car you have to accept delivery, but at that point you can't refuse taking the car if you find issues.

Down to 11 day window, very similar to what other people have. End of August train heading east soon. 8/26-9/5.
1628772235929.jpeg

Seems like a catch 22. If you want to refuse delivery, you had to do it at your delivery appointment, but in order to get access to the inside of the car you have to accept delivery, but at that point you can't refuse taking the car if you find issues.
I guess I will find out Saturday. I am paying via casher cheque for the whole car. I wonder if I am forced to give them the cheque before I can check out the car. I do find that extremely shady practice. I'm a nice guy but all I am saying is if I refuse delivery and do not allow me to after getting into the car to check it out... lets just say I wouldn't be so nice about it. The other part is if it is so bad I cannot accept delivery then I think we got bigger issues going on. Small things anyone can live with, just take a photo and schedule a service appt and be on your way. Just my .02.
Super excited to get mine. It will be a touchless delivery.. no idea why but they are still doing that.

Ok, it's game time! New inventory should be dropping any time now! fingers crossed!!! LOL

Anyone think new inventory cars might be a stronger risk of being previous delivery rejects due to issues with the car? I see some with 500 miles on them and it makes me wonder if someone returned the car because they weren't happy with build quality. I hope it's just a case of orders being cancelled or no longer needed.

The exact car I wanted popped up just 4 hours away, before I could even verify the specs matched mine it was gone. I couldn't even read the page in time! UGH Should I just hit order and read the specs as I'm typing in my card details?
Sheesh - not sure what to tell you there. I guess the listed price should tell you the specs are close - don’t accidentally buy a performance model for $20k more! 🤣

Reactions: iansherwood74
Sheesh - not sure what to tell you there. I guess the listed price should tell you the specs are close - don’t accidentally buy a performance model for $20k more! 🤣
Yeah my only issue that slows me down is the White interior. I can visually see the Aerowheels (I'm doing black aftermarket 20") and the fact that it's white, so the price immediately lets me know its a SR+ ....... but trying to quickly find the white interior listed (which I love in my MYLR) takes a few seconds. rats!

Reactions: NB Hip fan
The Tesla person helping me said that you can report any issues for up to 100 miles on the car... (not really many miles, tbh).

And when mine hit a 7 day window, (I had had 10-14 before) it gave me a vin the next day.

Just saw this, so careful for your panels, everyone!

Reactions: HyperionM3