Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was a new order, placed the order yesterday at around 8:00 AM picked up today at noon. Didn't know that was an option to associate to an existing reservation. There are currently three cars in my account, need to cancel the original model 3, and we also have a Y on order for nov/dec delivery.

Had a few things that I'm going to take to the service center - the right mirror cover had some foam poking out (just a tiny bit), some interior trim that the fit wasn't great, and then one of the pillars into the rear quarter panel had a little paint issue inside the gap, so not anything to worry about, but flagged them all so they could at least address.

Did you want the powershell script? If you want a copy I can get you it, should work on windows / mac, but if you are using windows - need to do a different command than the say command for the notification.
I would love the script

Ok crazy day! I found a White / White / White SR+ in state (FL) this afternoon and grabbed it! The credit decision took soooo long! On my previous 2 transactions I got an answer in 10 minutes or less. So I wasn't able to celebrate properly until it said approved! LOL Which it did eventually after 90 minutes. I called to inquire and they said they released a lot of VINs today so maybe the finance folks are backed up with work. They told me to wait until the end of the day and I'll hear something. I was concerned my other open credit application would cause an issue and they told me it would not.

Since my existing order was only 10 days old I cancelled it, I figured it wouldn't be of much value to anyone in here. So now it seems like only 3-6 days remaining to get this car. I feel very lucky and fortunate! Thanks to whomever it was in here that put the idea in my head about auto-refreshing my browser on existing new inventory. Also for telling me what is the best time of day to lurk (11-12pm ET). Turns out I wouldn't have this car without you guys, so thanks so much!

On a side note, yesterday the big drop (about 8 cars nationally) happened around 11:35am ET and today it was much later at 12:20pm ET. So if you see noon Eastern come and go don't give up yet. It's probably just delayed and it will come. I used multi-screens and tesla-info.com as well to verify the drop actually occurred. I was worried the drop would happen all out west and I wouldn't even notice watching only east coast Metros, then I would waste hours watching the east coast for no reason. If I'm confusing you I'm sorry, I'll be happy to explain further if anyone needs help. I'd be happy to pass on what I learned from the good folks in here. You all rock, thanks for educating my dumb butt in under a week.

Last edited:
Ok crazy day! I found a White / White / White SR+ in state (FL) this afternoon and grabbed it! The credit decision took soooo long! On my previous 2 transactions I got an answer in 10 minutes or less. So I wasn't able to celebrate properly until it said approved! LOL Which it did eventually after 90 minutes. I called to inquire and they said they released a lot of VINs today so maybe the finance folks are backed up with work. They told me to wait until the end of the day and I'll hear something. I was concerned my other open credit application would cause an issue and they told me it would not.

Since my existing order was only 10 days old I cancelled it, I figured it wouldn't be of much value to anyone in here. So now it seems like only 3-6 days remaining to get this car. I feel very lucky and fortunate! Thanks to whomever it was in here that put the idea in my head about auto-refreshing my browser on existing new inventory. Also for telling me what is the best time of day to lurk (11-12pm ET). Turns out I wouldn't have this car without you guys, so thanks so much!

On a side note, yesterday the big drop (about 8 cars nationally) happened around 11:35am ET and today it was much later at 12:20pm ET. So if you see noon Eastern come and go don't give up yet. It's probably just delayed and it will come. I used multi-screens and tesla-info.com as well to verify the drop actually occurred. I was worried the drop would happen all out west and I wouldn't even notice watching only east coast Metros, then I would waste hours watching the east coast for no reason. If I'm confusing you I'm sorry, I'll be happy to explain further if anyone needs help. I'd be happy to pass on what I learned from the good folks in here. You all rock, thanks for educating my dumb butt in under a week.
I am glad the dm that we had along with the knowledge from this thread was able to get you a car! I was also able to score a car off existing inventory yesterday! It seems like that is the best route to go as of late with how bad the custom order EDD time is right now.

That is so crazy!! Congrats!! I have been trying hard to find one and despite checking every 30 seconds, none popped. I did see some vehicles show up around mid-noon, but it was an LR. Do you mind sharing the zip you used to search and in what city you found that vehicle? Going to give it a shot again tomorrow.

Reactions: iansherwood74
I picked up the car today, contactless delivery is just amazing, the car was perfectly clean, no signs of someone driving it ever. (Actually it only had 4 miles).
there was no issues, the car was perfect.
trust me, all your frustration for waiting will be gone the moment you drive the car.
More pictures coming soon.

Attachments

• F9AF6E65-0806-4FD0-8626-16D4034EE690.jpeg
    F9AF6E65-0806-4FD0-8626-16D4034EE690.jpeg
    847.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 9F55F525-08E6-49B1-B820-02AC61DEA4BA.jpeg
    9F55F525-08E6-49B1-B820-02AC61DEA4BA.jpeg
    754 KB · Views: 55
SITREP: It took almost exactly 11 weeks for my Tesla to be delivered to San Diego. I picked it up last Monday and there were only a couple issues with it. There were greasy handprints on the back seats (no big deal) and the charging port door had a large gap. They tried to tell me this was normal and within tolerance but looking at some of the other Teslas there it wasn't at all. They took it back and an hour later it came out with a much tighter and acceptable charge port door. Everything was super simple and fast and this car is Amazing. Good luck to the rest of you waiting.

Attachments

• AA18A593-411A-47E7-8683-3B9735B029DF_1_105_c.jpeg
    AA18A593-411A-47E7-8683-3B9735B029DF_1_105_c.jpeg
    234.8 KB · Views: 64

Congrats!! I knew you'd be able to snag one after seeing your setup haha.

Reactions: iansherwood74
I am glad the dm that we had along with the knowledge from this thread was able to get you a car! I was also able to score a car off existing inventory yesterday! It seems like that is the best route to go as of late with how bad the custom order EDD time is right now.
I would have been lost without you, thank you so much! seriously appreciate it.

That is so crazy!! Congrats!! I have been trying hard to find one and despite checking every 30 seconds, none popped. I did see some vehicles show up around mid-noon, but it was an LR. Do you mind sharing the zip you used to search and in what city you found that vehicle? Going to give it a shot again tomorrow.
I found mine in a zip code that covered orlando and miami at the same time (within 200 miles) . which was port st. Lucie 34945

• Love
Reactions: ilike2brkthngs
Joining the club of extra time added to my EDD in NJ. From August 25/September 6 yesterday to August 29/September 12. Ordered July 6th. We're down to one car and it stinks...

Still feeling sorry for you guys with May and June orders and no VIN :(

View attachment 696263
Here she is! Meet R3d!
She has one scratch on the inside of driver side passenger door and the same door handle a bit recessed, compared to the others that are flush.
Charge port not superflush but passable.
No panel gaps, paint chips, etc. I still need to do a thorough look over but. I can sleep tonight...in the car.
Looks pretty good — I think I’ll get one like that! Congratulations!

Reactions: klev2687