Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heard some scary things about the puddle lights cracking the window when closing or opening. Haven’t looked into why it would do that besides fitment issues, but be careful.
Poor wiring by whoever installed it. Same thing can happen if the factory ones burn out, but if installed correctly and the wiring is solid, shouldn't be a problem. The window issue is that the window doesn't drop down when the door is opened.

I’ve been lurking around here for a while, but to assuage my anxiety I figured I’d poke my head in. I’ve got a May 28 order SR+ Blue & Black in Calif. Current “nonsensical date of irrelevancy” sits at Aug. 29 through Sept. 18 and has been a-slip sliding backwards for 10 weeks.
I joined this forum yesterday and have read a lot of posts over the past 24 hours. The somewhat randomly changing EDD windows are disappointing and you would expect better from one of the world’s biggest companies in terms of market capitalization! The build quality issues has been even more troubling to read about. I am sorry for all of you that had to go through more hassles to get all that fixed. C’mon Tesla, you have disrupted the ICE industry with your engineering innovations, surely you are competent enough to inspect your cars better prior to delivery. My M3 is actually a present for my son for getting good grades on his first 2 years of high school and I had wanted to have him drive it on his first day of school next week, with his sister, who is just starting 9th grade at the same school. They can drive my car until then, so it’s not like we are greatly inconvenienced by the delays like some of you, but it just seems disrespectful of Tesla to their customer base to not be more accurate and communicative with us on the EDD expectations.